Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, it is now 36 days after I placed my order with a trade in, and Carvana has emailed me giving me a much better offer selling my current car than Tesla's trade in value. (Almost 3k more) Is there a way to back out of the trade in that I have in the order? I haven't signed any final contracts or heard from Tesla. Do they negotiate on things like this? I'm also wondering if I sell my car to Carvana and cancel the trade in part of my order if it will delay things.

Thanks in advance for any insight.
Note that lots of states give you a tax break for a trade-in, so factor that into the comparison of Tesla's offer and Carvana's. I would also rerun Tesla's trade-in offer since it is likely that it has increased as well Trade-in | Tesla

ITS FINALLY HAPPENING! Today’s the day, it’s gonna be a longgg day until 5PM for me. Sorry for my ignorance friends but what is a flush handle? Does it make the door harder to open? Im picking up my car today and from the reports here im almost certain mine will have that as well 😑 lol
It's the handle you use to flush the toilet. ;)
I'm assuming it's in reference to the door handles being "even" with the rest of the door, and not "sunken in" or sticking too far out.

I, too, have been lurking on here for maybe a week or so. 🤣 I thought I’d share where I’m at in the process.

Order Date: 6/7/2021
Configuration: M3SR+ white/white aero rims no FSD
Delivery Location: Buena Park, CA

I’ve had a number of EDD ranges:

7/31-8/21
7/25-8/14
7/4-7-24
7/15-7/30
Kinda in the same boat as you! I ordered the same day (M3SR --black/white) and I'm in San Jose.

My window has been to hell and back but it's in July as well. I spoke to a delivery hotline rep last week (they all say different things so take it with a grain of salt) and she said that Cali folks should expect to get their cars closer to September even if it says July, because that's the "standard waiting time". Hoping we can all get ours sooner, though! Best of luck!!!

ITS FINALLY HAPPENING! Today’s the day, it’s gonna be a longgg day until 5PM for me. Sorry for my ignorance friends but what is a flush handle? Does it make the door harder to open? Im picking up my car today and from the reports here im almost certain mine will have that as well 😑 lol
Checked under the front bumper
Paint quality is *sugar*
And I had a chip on the front bumper

I should have refused the damn car

Reactions: Lochnessmonstr
Checked under the front bumper
Paint quality is *sugar*
And I had a chip on the front bumper

I should have refused the damn car
OMG. That really sucks. I have a backup car and although I would loveee to finally take it today I will be refusing the car if it’s bad. After everything noted what did they tell you? Submit a service ticket? And if you did do that please let us know what’s their resolution. I sold my beautiful red RS camaro for this car and after the 4 years I had it the paint was immaculate, even the dealer I sold it to was impressed and asked if it was garaged it’s entire life (carport). Paint is a big deal to me if I see even one chip I will be refusing the car. Ugh. Now I’m more nervous than ever for 5 o’clock.

Also Tesla center I’m picking up from called me yesterday saying it still has to pass their inspection so I’m tentatively on for 5PM 😑. It’s almost noon here in Cali and no callback to not go yet. Honestly after all the issues written on here during delivery/pick up, what kind of check are they even doing?!? What a joke.

So, it is now 36 days after I placed my order with a trade in, and Carvana has emailed me giving me a much better offer selling my current car than Tesla's trade in value. (Almost 3k more) Is there a way to back out of the trade in that I have in the order? I haven't signed any final contracts or heard from Tesla. Do they negotiate on things like this? I'm also wondering if I sell my car to Carvana and cancel the trade in part of my order if it will delay things.

Thanks in advance for any insight.
I didn't have the ability to cancel on my page, but a quick call call to my SA and it was done in 30 seconds. Everything online updated during the call too.

OMG. That really sucks. I have a backup car and although I would loveee to finally take it today I will be refusing the car if it’s bad. After everything noted what did they tell you? Submit a service ticket? And if you did do that please let us know what’s their resolution. I sold my beautiful red RS camaro for this car and after the 4 years I had it the paint was immaculate, even the dealer I sold it to was impressed and asked if it was garaged it’s entire life (carport). Paint is a big deal to me if I see even one chip I will be refusing the car. Ugh. Now I’m more nervous than ever for 5 o’clock.
I didn’t even say anything I assumed the paint was good no one has reported this

the door panels were misaligned
The passenger mirror makes a loud noise
The paint issue really bugs me

Hi all!
I ordered a SR+ May 30th, 2021. Midnight Silver. Showed a 4-14 week delivery time, and the range stayed pretty steady at July 5th-July 30th.

On June 22, it switched to a delivery range of June 24-30th. Ok!! Waited...waited...then yesterday (June 27th) it switched all the way to September delivery timeframe. I decided it'd show up when it would show up, and I was going to stop checking.

Three hours later, I got a text to schedule delivery - on June 30th.

I tried to do so through the Tesla calendar - but the calendar actually showed June 30th as being a Monday. June 30th is actually Wednesday. 🤣 (I hope whoever coded the page for the calendar didn't program my car...ha).

I called to schedule then, and I have a VIN and pickup date June 30th. They did say the car is actually still finishing in production, but they are trying to get them assigned and to folks as quickly as possible. I live about an hour and a half from Fremont, so I could see the short turnaround working (I hope).

Anywho. That's my update - and fingers crossed!
Final payment in and pickup confirmed! A bit of a crazy day - they called this morning to confirm it actually arrived on the lot, then there was a flurry of texts and emails to get the trade-in finalized and the documents done. I was finally able to pay at 12:30 for a 5:30 pickup. Made yesterday lol. We'll see how it looks!!! I will say the communication for me with my SA and a local delivery advisor has been really good this entire time.

Okay so it pays to know someone on the inside. My friend that works there took my VIN and looked at it today and seen only two things were reported on it and that morning shift assembled my car so I should be okay. (The blacked out part is blacked out to not get the person I know introuble for doing this for me) I think what makes me more mad now is that they knowingly send these cars to the dealer for pick up with these issues! Insane. They really don’t give a damn except for that end of quarter sale! I’m glad I know someone that works there that is coming with me to inspect for pick up if not I wouldn’t even know where to begin to check! Now with this inside info I know to triple check the “side rail trim” because apparently the “seat not seated properly” was fixed at the factory.
6A62F94A-DED0-4E36-8D45-D70B73574386.jpeg

I ordered in mid-April and still haven’t received my VIN. It’s the Model 3, SR+, white/black. Tesla is super frustrating right now as they said numerous times to me that I would be getting a June delivery. Sadly, it has not happened. My pickup center is in Rocklin and no one answers…everything goes to voicemail. My SA is non-existent and doesn’t return my calls either. At this point I don’t know what to do. I’d really like my car like some of you who still haven’t got it, but am really frustrated since so many others are getting their cars with my same configurations in the same region with even shorter wait times.

I ordered in mid-April and still haven’t received my VIN. It’s the Model 3, SR+, white/black. Tesla is super frustrating right now as they said numerous times to me that I would be getting a June delivery. Sadly, it has not happened. My pickup center is in Rocklin and no one answers…everything goes to voicemail. My SA is non-existent and doesn’t return my calls either. At this point I don’t know what to do. I’d really like my car like some of you who still haven’t got it, but am really frustrated since so many others are getting their cars with my same configurations in the same region with even shorter wait times.
Agree its super frustrating. I have a regular order open and have tried to reach my SA a few times a week but have never heard back or gotten ahold of anyone. Every time I use the chat feature they say I will receive a call within 24 hours...I also found one in inventory that matched, bought it online (new deposit), got VIN/MVPA and set up delivery and only then did my SA reach out to tell me I can't have that car because it's EOQ and he needs to sell it immediately but he will speak with a manager and call back in an hour to find a replacement option. Never got a call back, no refund of the deposit and can't get a hold of him now.

Agree its super frustrating. I have a regular order open and have tried to reach my SA a few times a week but have never heard back or gotten ahold of anyone. Every time I use the chat feature they say I will receive a call within 24 hours...I also found one in inventory that matched, bought it online (new deposit), got VIN/MVPA and set up delivery and only then did my SA reach out to tell me I can't have that car because it's EOQ and he needs to sell it immediately but he will speak with a manager and call back in an hour to find a replacement option. Never got a call back, no refund of the deposit and can't get a hold of him now.
Woah, that’s extremely unfair if they don’t reach out to you soon. If you placed the order, that car should be yours. And good luck getting the $100 back. I heard it’s super hard to since it’s non refundable and not transferable.
I just hope we all get some good news soon 😕

Final payment in and pickup confirmed! A bit of a crazy day - they called this morning to confirm it actually arrived on the lot, then there was a flurry of texts and emails to get the trade-in finalized and the documents done. I was finally able to pay at 12:30 for a 5:30 pickup. Made yesterday lol. We'll see how it looks!!! I will say the communication for me with my SA and a local delivery advisor has been really good this entire time.
Let me know how the trade in process works for you I'm also doing a trade in