Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just wanted to add my weird EDD situation to list. Ordered 5/15 for pickup from Fremont (Bay Area CA). Black/Black/18” SR+ no FSD
Have had every EDD in the book. Originally was 5-11 weeks. The 2nd week of June, had an EDD of the last week of June, but that was as close as I ever got.

Before the last week of June even got started, our EDD moved to SEPT-OCT (!!!!!) but has now settled at mid-Aug (12 weeks from order date) to mid-Sept (16 weeks). I recognize that as much as it has changed, it will continue to change, just thought it was an interesting shift.

Weird experience with Tesla

Hi all,
I've had such a weird experience with Tesla - wanted to get your input on it.

I ordered a SR+ Pearl White (All base) on 6/12. The EDD was 8-10 weeks.
On 6/29 I got a text message for a delivery appointment for 6/30 at Serramonte Tesla. I logged in to my tesla account and saw the Tesla Vision agreement, a VIN(1st) and Delivery appointment data and time (6/30). The website also asked me to complete the final payment.

At this time, I made the payment and bought the Tesla insurance (it was the cheapest quote among others in my case). This same evening, I happened to log back in to the tesla account and the VIN was removed (the delivery appointment persisted). I emailed my SA who hasn't replied yet.

I called Serramonte Tesla who said that the car is in production and expected delivery will go ahead, only my VIN changed (they couldn't tell me the new VIN assignment). After that I called Tesla insurance who cancelled the policy and asked me to reapply on the day of delivery.

The next day (day of delivery), I called Serramonte again (4 hours to delivery) since the VIN wasn't visible. They reiterated that the car is expected to get to them by the evening and I should go ahead and sign the Agreement document. The agreement document popped up as we were talking. I saw that the agreement had another VIN(2nd) on it. After I signed the agreement, the representative tells me that the VIN(2nd) is not going to be assigned to me since the car had a defect, but I will get another one assigned quickly 'its a common build'.

Then, 2 hours before delivery I call again and they said that no car has been delivered and they expect it to happen 'tonight or in the next few days'. I was asked to ignore the delivery appointment.

Now, the EDD is back with 9-13 weeks. However, the payment has been made (I haven't received an email receipt, just a confirmation in the tesla account) - the agreement I signed doesn't show up on the account and I have no idea when the car will be delivered.

I called Serramonte today and nobody is answering.

So -

Is this normal?
Sounds similar to what happened to the poster a few posts up. They've been holding his $$$ hostage for weeks (months?) now with still no car. I almost ended up in the same situation but held off on paying for one more day and the VIN/MVPA were removed from my account too. Also can't get a hold of anyone. Hopefully you all get your cars soon I can't imagine having 40-50k gone for weeks to months with no delivery or communication.

First post here. I ordered 5/30 as well. Red exterior, white interior, 18 wheels.
Initially the date was around July 15-July 28. At one point it went to June 22- June 30, then slipped as far as July 22-Aug 10 or something like that.
Recently it has been holding steady at July 04 - July 24. Except yesterday when it went to July 10.
And today it is back to July 04 - July 24.
That red is going to look AMAZING! Fingers-crossed, we get ours soon!

These weirdnesses appear to be related to the Quarter end. Either their VIN system is messed up, or they are deliberately stripping people of VINs to optimize for max number of deliveries by June 30.
Agreed! Along with these disappearing VINs and some of the car defects (possibly due to the big end of quarter rush), I’m actually ok with waiting a couple more weeks to get my M3. Hopefully we avoid those scenarios.

Hi all! I ordered my M3 Red / Black / 18" wheels, no FSD on 2/26. I was assigned a VIN and a delivery was set for two weeks from order date. Unfortunately, I was unable to get financing and decided to put the order on hold while I worked on credit. I finally took the order off hold on 5/25, approved for financing and profile was complete within days. My EDD has been:
July 20 - August 9
June 27 - 30
9-13 weeks
and today updated to July 14 - August 3rd

Very excited to get my new M3!
My EDD shifted today to July 21 - August 10. like someone else had said, at least I’m not getting the EOQ quality 😉I’m just crossing my fingers it’s before the 60 days and I don’t have to reapply for financing.

Reactions: CCRM3
Just had to redo my estimate on my trade in because it expire now now my delivery date change to September. Now only have 30 days left before I have redo financing and get hit with another inquiry. Probably see me date change to do November in 30 days 😂
They did that to me 2x so far, and im pretty sure it will end in the next couple weeks, my price when from 4500, down to 4000, i can only imagine they will go to 3500. I decided to drive into a local dealer and asked him what he'd give for my car 4-5k. Soo when im ready i might just drive to the local dealership and drop it off before i pick up the m3. I do drive a civic 2012 coupe 150k KM (not miles). I see privately being sold for 6k but i think that's crazy for a car like that.

First post here. I ordered 5/30 as well. Red exterior, white interior, 18 wheels.
Initially the date was around July 15-July 28. At one point it went to June 22- June 30, then slipped as far as July 22-Aug 10 or something like that.
Recently it has been holding steady at July 04 - July 24. Except yesterday when it went to July 10.
And today it is back to July 04 - July 24.
Date moved to July 11-31 today.

My EDD has stalled at 7/08-7/22 for the past 3 days. It actually is nice having it stay the same, and seems more realistic over it changing every single day like it did before. Anyone else experiencing this?
Might want to include details regarding your order to see if anyone’s experienced something similar due to production methods.

Tacking on my experience thus far:

Model 3 Standard Range Plus (base/stock options)
Pearl White Paint
18” Aero Wheels
Black Interior
Standard Autopilot (no FSD)

Payment Method: Financing Loan w/ Credit Union
9-13 Weeks on order date 6/26/21
Original EDD: 09/02-10/03

Recorded EDDs so far are as follows
06/28/21 EDD changed to 08/13-09/12
06/29/21 EDD changed to 07/30-08/19
07/02/21 EDD changed to 08/05-08/25 (current)

I’m in Florida if that helps anyone else. No vin reported yet but to be fair its only been a week. Best of luck with patience to everyone else and glad I can join the community. This will be one hell of a wait but hey, it’s going to be more worth it when I drive home in my new EV.