Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You guys. I’m really annoyed and discouraged. My date is now 8/22-9/11. I don’t get it. I ordered 5/25. What gives?
I know you probably don't want to hear this but this is the advice i was given and it's seriously the best advice anyone has given me: stop looking at your EDD. It means absolutely nothing. Nothing. All your doing is torturing yourself. Ask yourself why you bother looking at it. If it's for fun, then go a head and keep doing it (obv that's not it because it's annoying and discouraging you). If you're looking for information, then why are you looking at the EDD? That date means nothing. Really. Ditch the practice. If you really want info, call your SA. I promise you all these people checking their EDDs and getting upset are misinformed about what the EDD is and what it is not. Others know what it is and check just for fun. I'm not defending Tesla; their delivery is garbage. But don't do this to yourself. Call your SA if you want information about delivery, or not; but stop checking your EDD (again, entirely useless); it won't give you what you want.

I also got the same info from my SA … I ordered a 7 days after you. Current EDD 7-13 weeks. I really don’t want to get my hopes up. Let’s see what happens?!
Yup! Same EDD. It changed from the end of July to 7-13 weeks, we're in the exact same boat.

SA did mention that since we were missed in Q2 push, they are prioritizing our order ahead of others. Just trying to hold onto any glimmer of hope at this point haha.

• Funny
Reactions: Rdrich
The new inventory page briefly showed a demo M3P in black in my zip, it lasted about 15 minutes. I have noticed that before today the paint color filter would only list either white or red, and now it lists black, blue and red. There is no inventory of course, but I'm just telling myself in my head that maybe they fired up the blue paint run and I'll have a car soon!

Yup! Same EDD. It changed from the end of July to 7-13 weeks, we're in the exact same boat.

SA did mention that since we were missed in Q2 push, they are prioritizing our order ahead of others. Just trying to hold onto any glimmer of hope at this point haha.
Is your SA in Burbank ? lol because that’s basically what I was told.

I really hope they are pushing ours. We are almost there !

Reactions: Baytomax
Is your SA in Burbank ? lol because that’s basically what I was told.

I really hope they are pushing ours. We are almost there !
Nope! Pasadena location.

Since then I've bought a total of 3 accessories already for my SR+.

• Aluminum pedal covers
  • Tempered glass matte screen protector
  • 3D Maxpider floormats
Really insane to think of a car that doesn't include floormats. I would have swapped them out the first day anyways but still...

Nope! Pasadena location.

Since then I've bought a total of 3 accessories already for my SR+.

• Aluminum pedal covers
  • Tempered glass matte screen protector
  • 3D Maxpider floormats
Really insane to think of a car that doesn't include floormats. I would have swapped them out the first day anyways but still...
They do come with carpet floor mats. Its just not all weather like most would prefer.
I’ve purchased the ones from tesla just today as opposed to going with some amazon brand just for the sake of branding but not that it makes much of a difference.

They do come with carpet floor mats. Its just not all weather like most would prefer.
I’ve purchased the ones from tesla just today as opposed to going with some amazon brand just for the sake of branding but not that it makes much of a difference.
Oh I was under the assumption you get absolutely bare carpet flooring.

That's great at least. I'll retract my statement from earlier then.

My neighbor has a MY and has the Tesla all-weather floor mats and the coverage on them is insane.

Oh I was under the assumption you get absolutely bare carpet flooring.

That's great at least. I'll retract my statement from earlier then.

My neighbor has a MY and has the Tesla all-weather floor mats and the coverage on them is insane.
Yeah they’re massive and go up the walls.
Not a huge feat considering most amazon ones do as well, but I suppose its peace of mind that the company manufacturing the car knows their dimensions to a T.
Also just saw a black sr+ with white interior 18” wheels no fsd go up on inventory just now but I skipped over it.
Of all the colors I could snag from inventory, black is the main one I want to avoid.
I’m trying to snag a white/red one with white interior to replace my white/black interior but I am completely satisfied with the bone stock m3 anyways. Just pushing for time and cosmetics at this point lol

Reactions: Baytomax
Latest EDD update below. I did notice someone said EDD is useless and i do agree - my SA reached out telling me ETA is mid to late aug so ive been going off that but hoping it comes sooner. ordered 6/2 MSM/Black

Delivery​

• Delivery date: August 02 - August 22
  • Previous delivery dates:
    • July 31 - August 18
    • July 30 - August 16
    • July 29 - August 16
    • July 27 - August 16
    • July 26 - August 15
    • July 23 - August 06
    • July 28 - August 17

A LOT of inventory popping up in Texas today. Seen at least 8 SR+ come and go on existing inventory.
Can’t get a hold of anyone to get my hands on one though.
Starting to get frustrated!
Yeah my biggest concern of seeing these come and go so fast is, what exactly is the process of us securing one to swap our RN for?
Has anyone had any better experience because the only instance I’ve read up on about this involved seeing it and calling their SA to reserve it. The last 2 cars I’ve seen pop up on inventory were there for literally less than 2 minutes each. Don’t know how that works with them in terms of time

Reactions: jm_CTX
MAKE CLICK "BUY"
Every time I click “Buy” it refreshes the page and it disappears. It’s as if the vehicle has already been claimed.
Yeah my biggest concern of seeing these come and go so fast is, what exactly is the process of us securing one to swap our RN for?
Has anyone had any better experience because the only instance I’ve read up on about this involved seeing it and calling their SA to reserve it. The last 2 cars I’ve seen pop up on inventory were there for literally less than 2 minutes each. Don’t know how that works with them in terms of time
Same here. I see them for a few minutes and they are gone. Not sure what to do to get my hands on one.

Every time I click “Buy” it refreshes the page and it disappears. It’s as if the vehicle has already been claimed.

Same here. I see them for a few minutes and they are gone. Not sure what to do to get my hands on one.
That is what is going on. I remarked to my wife last week that getting a Tesla either takes 3 months, or a lifetime of trying to buy art drops or sneakers online.

Process goes like this: Refresh refresh refresh, have payment details entered, reflect later on if that was the right call.

• Funny
Reactions: Baytomax and jm_CTX
That is what is going on. I remarked to my wife last week that getting a Tesla either takes 3 months, or a lifetime of trying to buy art drops or sneakers online.

Process goes like this: Refresh refresh refresh, have payment details entered, reflect later on if that was the right call.
My comment was more geared towards how someone managed to do this through their SA as opposed to reserving it themselves and dealing with it later.
Of course I can just buy it myself but then my reservation is still there and I don’t know if that affects how the prioritize duplicate orders on the same inventory vehicle etc.

Reactions: hcdavis3