Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same exact dates for me, ordered on 6/6. Called a different SA in a different city. He looked up my order and said the car still has to be made and should arrive in San Diego around the end of August. I don’t think anybody knows what is actually happening.
How do you guys get different SA's to actually respond? Every time I call up another location they just try and redirect me to my SA. Maybe I should be more forceful, but I already feel bad - these folks are under lots of pressure I'm sure.

So question for those of you waiting, or maybe just got theirs. Has anyone else kept ordering a Tesla a secret from their friends and or family? And if so, why? Or have you told people and gotten a good/bad reaction?

I'm curious to hear the answers. For me i have only told my hairdresser, who was very excited for me. My family will find out once it's delivered; but they are weirdly judgmental of everything; and i just want to enjoy it all on my own. So they get kept in the dark until then.
Nope, I've pretty much told everyone in my circle of friends/family and they are all very excited. EV is the future and it's only going to get better with more adoption so spread the word!

Same exact dates for me, ordered on 6/6. Called a different SA in a different city. He looked up my order and said the car still has to be made and should arrive in San Diego around the end of August. I don’t think anybody knows what is actually happening.
Are you shocked that no one knows anything? I've come to realize that any and all information regarding EDDs from SAs are smoke screens, they don't know anything. I have actually got more information here and on Reddit then any SA unless I knew the SA personally.

Ugh!!! Mine jumped back to August 31 - September 20 today. (5/25 order) has anyone been getting VINS for Red? I’ve seen a lot of white and black.

Haha, doing the same here as well... Rebate money better not run out!! And now they are talking about the Infrastructure bill moving forward..😰
I read that they took the rebates out of the bill. There is a bunch of money for EV infrastructure though.
So question for those of you waiting, or maybe just got theirs. Has anyone else kept ordering a Tesla a secret from their friends and or family? And if so, why? Or have you told people and gotten a good/bad reaction?

I'm curious to hear the answers. For me i have only told my hairdresser, who was very excited for me. My family will find out once it's delivered; but they are weirdly judgmental of everything; and i just want to enjoy it all on my own. So they get kept in the dark until then.

Hehe, funny you asked. I did for the first few months and even now only a few people in my close circle know. I have been driving around a 10 year old Hyundai Sonata for the past few years and this is a big upgrade for me. The few that I have told immediately have a million questions and want to ride in it as soon as I get it. 😂😂😂My reasoning is I want to see their excitement when I show up with it. I haven’t told one close friend because we’ve been talking about “when we get a Tesla” like it’s in the far future and will be a fun surprise!

Well I posted on FB so people know - and told my co-workers because I was so excuted. I mean... we're replacing a 1999 manual Honda Civic. We're getting $400 trade in for it (if it doesn't go down by then) and have just spent $300 because it failed the inspection... So yes, quite a big upgrade. Although at least we still have a second car until we get the Tesla, assuming it doesn't completely break down by then (we really need two cars).

Now I just need to convince my husband that the Tesla is going to be MY car and that I will definitely need it to drive to work... I mean, why drive the minivan when we have an electric car for my 5 miles commute?

Reactions: VivekDr
Ugh!!! Mine jumped back to August 31 - September 20 today. (5/25 order) has anyone been getting VINS for Red? I’ve seen a lot of white and black.

I read that they took the rebates out of the bill. There is a bunch of money for EV infrastructure though.

Hehe, funny you asked. I did for the first few months and even now only a few people in my close circle know. I have been driving around a 10 year old Hyundai Sonata for the past few years and this is a big upgrade for me. The few that I have told immediately have a million questions and want to ride in it as soon as I get it. 😂😂😂My reasoning is I want to see their excitement when I show up with it. I haven’t told one close friend because we’ve been talking about “when we get a Tesla” like it’s in the far future and will be a fun surprise!
I haven't seen any reds lately. I ordered one 7/5 and my dates are Sept 7-27th

I didn’t tell my friends or colleagues. My family (parents, siblings, in-laws) knows it, but my kids don’t. My 8 year old daughter is a big fan of Tesla cars (been since 3 years) and is her first choice when asked what car we should buy. Am planning to surprise her when I get the car (whenever that happens). I want to see her face light up when she sees a Tesla in our garage! That’s really the reason why I haven’t told any friends. Because then the topic will be discussed and she will easily find out.

I ordered on 6/5……red/black interior, 18” SR+. I got the Tesla vision prompt and a VIN late last night.