Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I don't know if this was the same for everyone else in their experience, but since my edd was all over the place, I called the tesla center that I was planning on picking my car up at, and he gave me the week I would be picking it up, he said last week in October is the listed date of delivery for my m3, thought this was interesting since he sounded confident over the phone like this was the selected date, it didn't exactly fit in my edd dates given outside of the original 8-14 weeks. But I do have to say that the last week in October would fall within that 8-14 week range and also fit with everyone's 2-3 month or so delivery timeline that I have seen happening.
Did you just give them your order number?

😂 I want to be patient, but it's hard to plan traveling to family with these car statuses being so yolo.

Did you just give them your order number?

😂 I want to be patient, but it's hard to plan traveling to family with these car statuses being so yolo.
I called asked why my order status did not show the edd anymore and if I could talk to a delivery advisor, the guy replied that he was a delivery advisor and could see the status of my order, just asked for my phone number on the order, I confirmed that and then my name, at that point he said "Your VIN should be sent to you in early October as I am seeing a delivery date that we will receive this vehicle in the 3rd week in October and will have it ready for you to pickup by the last week in October at the latest." I asked if this is a moving date, he replied that this date is what the backend system shows him since I started the purchase of the device.

I do have to say, I thought that this system was a bit better since when I went for my first test drive, even though the timeline quoted 8-14 weeks meaning the end of September would be the fastest I would get my vehicle, the showroom sales person said I would get it for sure in September if I ordered online that day. Soo that was very misleading but oh well.

Came back from picking up my car in the Burbank, CA area. They have a ton of cars in the lot, hopefully there are some in here who have scheduled pickups here.

Attachments

• 20210807_140240.jpg
    20210807_140240.jpg
    257.7 KB · Views: 78
  • 20210807_140157.jpg
    20210807_140157.jpg
    387.3 KB · Views: 64
Picked up my SR+ today. Ordered 6/9, white, black interior, no FSD, and no options. I could have picked it up Tuesday (8/3), but wanted to give myself plenty of time today inspect it (I took 2 hours).

One panel gap issue - trunk was slightly misaligned as easily adjusted the stoppers on site.

One paint issue - something trapped under the paint on the underside of the rocker (not visible unless crawling under the car so I didn't sweat it).

One weatherstripping issue - installed hastily causing bunching in one corner. I pulled it out of its channel and reinstalled it correctly.

One interior issue - center console off center and rubbing the driver's seat bolster. Scheduling Tesla service appointment to address.

So overall, the car in terms of build quality exceeded what I was expecting. That said, the pickup "customer service" leaves much to be desired. You get a text telling you which stall your car is at. You must use a web browser to "accept delivery", and only then can you sign into the app and use it as a key. Unless you specifically seek staff out for help, you're on your own to inspect & learn everything. It's definitely not like a regular car dealership where they walk you through everything and make you feel all warm and fuzzy - and it doesn't matter if you're picking up an SR+ or a Model S Plaid either. Unless you're having trouble connecting or discovered an issue with the car, the only time you need to see staff is when you're signing the paperwork (stored inside the car in a FedEx envelope) and handing it to them.

O. M. G.!!!!!! It’s happening y’all!! I just screamed so loud my husband came running to make sure I wasn’t being murdered by an intruder. I have a VIN!!!!!

To preempt any additional questions, my EDD was at 8/21-8/29 today, I ordered Blue/White on 5/31. And I’m hoping for a VIN wave for everyone on here this week!!

Attachments

• D8AFD92F-CEE8-4323-B2CC-2E48849C7DFC.png
    D8AFD92F-CEE8-4323-B2CC-2E48849C7DFC.png
    424 KB · Views: 73
O. M. G.!!!!!! It’s happening y’all!! I just screamed so loud my husband came running to make sure I wasn’t being murdered by an intruder. I have a VIN!!!!!

To preempt any additional questions, my EDD was at 8/21-8/29 today, I ordered Blue/White on 5/31. And I’m hoping for a VIN wave for everyone on here this week!!
Yayyyyy girl!!!!!

Congrats!! You were one of the first few faces I saw on this forum when I joined back in mid-July so I'm stoked for you!

Hope your delivery goes buttery smooth!! 😄

I ordered 6/16, same model and color, and I too just got my VIN! It was actually very nice of Tesla to pick today, since it’s my anniversary!

This group has been a lot of fun. It’s always good to hear about the EDD yo-yos of others, but it’s also great to hear when people finally get their deliveries. I‘ve been used to the idea that you can only buy what’s on the lot, so the idea of ordering exactly what you want and having that car built for you is a treat, even though it takes longer. Like the run up to Christmas for kids, the anticipation is part of the enjoyment, although that’s a lot easier to say when you have VIN in hand. 😊