Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is true!! I have an electrician coming this Sunday (8/15) to install a 50 amp circuit. Going the NEMA 14-50 route. Placing it right at my breaker box.

I purchased the 14-50 adapter plug for the mobile charger. Expecting to get anywhere from ~30 miles to ~35 miles per hour charge!

Electrician is quoting $300 labor + materials so likely around $450-$600.
I paid 280 for a 14-50 outlet installed in my garage. Not much wiring just adding a double switch breaker from the other side of the electrical cabinet.

Reactions: iamlina
I was at an 8 day spread, thinking, oh, once it hits 7 days, that's gotta be VIN day. Next day, got pushed back more than a comfortable amount. (With the nice news that an order a week after mine (same build/pickup) got a VIN) There's some dice rolling going on somewhere.
Yeah, mine dropped to a 7 day window and then went straight to a 20 day window. Now, I’m sitting on a 13 day window. EDD really tries to play with them heartstrings.

Reactions: iamlina
Oof that's rough. I saw some posts here from Bay Area people that were receiving VINs/taking delivery. I wouldn't lose hope. It looks like they took care of SD orders, then a bunch of LA county VINs were assigned this past week, I would imagine Bay Area is next on their list right now.
The truck must have missed my San Diego freeway exit. Ordered 6/2 and have been holding for Sept 18 to 28.

I paid 280 for a 14-50 outlet installed in my garage. Not much wiring just adding a double switch breaker from the other side of the electrical cabinet.
Really that sounds very affordable. I'm adding mine right at the breaker so I can't imagine the need to run lengthy material.
I see people get charged in the thousands+ because they need to run like 20+ feet of material. I figured I'd be happy paying $450 .

Reactions: HyperionM3
Really that sounds very affordable. I'm adding mine right at the breaker so I can't imagine the need to run lengthy material.
I see people get charged in the thousands+ because they need to run like 20+ feet of material. I figured I'd be happy paying $450 .
You probably have to source different quotes. Look on Yelp, you'll see many contractors offering Tesla services.

Reactions: Baytomax
O. M. G.!!!!!! It’s happening y’all!! I just screamed so loud my husband came running to make sure I wasn’t being murdered by an intruder. I have a VIN!!!!!

To preempt any additional questions, my EDD was at 8/21-8/29 today, I ordered Blue/White on 5/31. And I’m hoping for a VIN wave for everyone on here this week!!
Nice you got your VIN on my birthday haha. Congrats, the waiting game will all be a distant memory soon. I almost have 1k miles on mine already and it's only been a little over a week lmao.

Just scheduled delivery for 19th Aug (earliest available) and paid.
They are making me to take home delivery. I have no idea why. I certainly opted for pickup while ordering. I asked if I can pickup, no response yet.
My tinfoil hat head says the built quality is so bad that they don't even want to show their faces 🤣 Guess I'll have struggle for another month to fix a long list defective items( hopefully not😭)

6/10 Order, Vin was 8/8, Delivery 8/11!!! It's happening folks!
wooohoo!!! That delivery date was quick! How did you schedule it? Did you call your SA or was everything done on your account page? Other than the tesla vision prompt and the VIN showing up, nothing else has changed on my account page. Ive seen other people post that it takes a couple days for the payment request to show up.