Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Woo! Here it is. Fit and finish is solid for the most part and everything feels tighter and improved over the '20 I had. They scheduled home delivery by default but I changed it since I wanted to be the first to really drive it. Glad a lot of ya'll are getting VINs! Never realized I needed a power lift gate in my life but it's revolutionary.

IMG_6572.jpg

I work from home one day of the week (Wednesdays) but my earliest delivery date is Thursday (8/12).

Trying to get a hold of someone to see if I can just drop by Wednesday to pick it up. My car is set to be delivered Tuesday (8/10) so the guy said it shouldn't be an issue if I pick up early.

Mr. Baytomax, it's your Tesla delivery driver here again. I'll be picking up your car soon.

images

You have a choice of car scents, either original, crispy, or grilled. 😄

I'll be WFH that day anyway, because of other appointments, but I reallyyyy want a reason to drive it.. immediately. Haha. Otherwise I have to go directly into another work meeting whenever I'm don with pick up.

We'll be Wednesday pick up buddies! Though mine will be in Costa Mesa, if I do get to pick up.
Sweet! I really hope it goes smoothly for us.
Woo! Here it is. Fit and finish is solid for the most part and everything feels tighter and improved over the '20 I had. They scheduled home delivery by default but I changed it since I wanted to be the first to really drive it. Glad a lot of ya'll are getting VINs! Never realized I needed a power lift gate in my life but it's revolutionary.

View attachment 694360
Beautiful color combination! Don't see Blue/White too much so it's definitely more on the unique side.

Mr. Baytomax, it's your Tesla delivery driver here again. I'll be picking up your car soon.

images

You have a choice of car scents, either original, crispy, or grilled. 😄
I will get KFC on my way home after taking delivery in honor of you. 😂

I bet mine is there! Spoke w/ someone at a service center and they said my car is set to be delivered to their facility tomorrow (8/10) so I wouldn't be surprised if mine is still at the factory.
Man, if your order was in May, then my early June order timeframe means I probably still have at least a few more weeks before there is any chance of a VIN for us Bay Area folks. Seems like SoCal folks are getting the love right now. I'm just hoping I don't get sucked into the end-of-quarter push in Sept.

Man, if your order was in May, then my early June order timeframe means I probably still have at least a few more weeks before there is any chance of a VIN for us Bay Area folks. Seems like SoCal folks are getting the love right now. I'm just hoping I don't get sucked into the end-of-quarter push in Sept.
I thought Bay Area just got a push around early June! Check the spreadsheet on delivery info.

I could name a lot of SoCal folks who got their VIN this past week.

Some of them were early June orders too. I would hold onto the hope.

It may depend more on your exact configuration too. Then again this entire ordering system is like pulling your name out of a hat.

Reactions: iamlina and Vystery
Its here! Ordered June 6th, delivered August 9th. A bit about the delivery, very simple.
  1. They arrived towards the end of their quoted arrival time, but it was expected as we live an hour from the delivery center
  2. The employee who dropped it basically went straight from the Tesla to his uber. We did a few test drives and watched many videos before taking delivery so it wasn't a problem for us, but for a brand new owner I'd suggest picking up so any questions you have can be addressed by them
  3. We ran into a strange issue, our app wouldn't connect and the person delivering the car locked the keycards inside. I had to restart my app and it connected to the car, letting me unlock it from my phone. A bit of a mini panic but nothing too bad.
  4. Your EDD means nothing until you get your vin. I'd check it once a week and leave it alone next time. We jumped from an early July delivery, to a late September, and finally landing on today. Prior to the VIN our EDD changed every morning, somtimes by a day but many times by weeks. Our delivery lined up right in the middle of our original estimated wait when we ordered, which is what the rep at the store had told us.
  5. Our financing portal did not open up until last night, and that is only because I called and asked about it. They had to manually open it. I'm not sure what would've happened if we didn't call.
As far as defects go, panel gap is fine. We have a piece of the rubber gasket sealing the trunk that is ripped, that will have to be fixed. I also noticed scratches on the hood and trunk which we will be submitting a service request for. The car was dirty on the outside which was expected as they had to drive 40miles to get to us. I was disappointed to see that the white seats were pretty dirty from the delivery process as well. All in all we are extremely pleased. Driving to the PPF place now to drop it off for the bumper. Good luck everyone, happy to answer any questions regarding the process.
tesla.jpg

Officially 1 week in now and still no EDD on my account even. Texted my SA and she said it was normal. Need some confirmation from everyone here though! Congrats to all those who have gotten their's delivered!

@Big_Gulp I'll be moving down to AZ later this year and I'll be twinning with you once mine get's delivered. Yours looks amazing and it solidifies my build choice for me!

Officially 1 week in now and still no EDD on my account even. Texted my SA and she said it was normal. Need some confirmation from everyone here though! Congrats to all those who have gotten their's delivered!

@Big_Gulp I'll be moving down to AZ later this year and I'll be twinning with you once mine get's delivered. Yours looks amazing and it solidifies my build choice for me!
I had no EDD for about two weeks, constant anxiety until my EDD showed back up!

Reactions: asquared17
For anyone who just ordered, if you're really in want of a car and would eat the $100 order fee. Here's a tip on snagging one from local inventory.
  1. Open Tesla's Model 3 "New Inventory" page
  2. Download "Page Refresh" Google Chrome extension
  3. Set for 15-30 seconds - hit start
    View attachment 694334
  4. Your car will eventually pop up - proceed to order.
    You lose your $100 order fee from your existing RN but most people are okay with this if it can save them 2-3 months of wait.

Notes:
  • Alternatively, you can use a site scraper like Tesla-Info which will scrape the entire U.S. BUT a lot of SR+ are snagged way before they even make it to this site from what I've noticed. LR and Performances tend to stay up on this site a lot more. I've seen upwards of 5+ minutes lag time between popping up on Tesla-Info vs Existing Inventory. That's more than enough time to get your car snagged.
  • Can also run this for the Tesla-Info tab and have both running side by side. Maximum efficiency!
  • Helps if you have a dual-monitor setup.
Sounds insane but if you've just ordered, this might be your best shot of getting one before the end of Q3 maybe even Q4.
Dual monitors setup and refreshing away. Thanks for the tip.

Reactions: Baytomax
Does this checking help mostly if the car is in your own zip code? Or does it also work quick if the inventory is in a different zip code? For example, if I see a car in Bay Area and I am in AZ, does it mean I can still get it quicker than waiting it out? Has anyone used this approach for a car available in a different state ?
For me mine was within the 200 miles of my zip in CA but I'm also pretty close to Fremont. You might have to pay an extra transportation fee if you choose one in CA but I would assume you'd get it faster if you haven't gotten a VIN yet if that makes sense.

What side of town? I’m in the east valley