Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had been monitoring the existing inventory the past 7 days and I finally am able to snag one. What makes it so lucky is that this is the first one popped up in Seattle in a week. I finally can ditch my December EDD.

View attachment 697463
I found one in Existing inventory in Marina Del Rey and ordered it. Now I see this on my order page for the last 2 hours. Not sure if this means I didn't get it. Anyone get any idea or experience with this?

View attachment 697409
Where is everyone looking for existing inventory? From Tesla.com or another site?

Spoke with an SA today who mentioned that they were prioritizing orders with complete profiles and for states like FL where you need a VIN, they suggested to add your existing information on the website. They know the wording says otherwise but suggested to do that to expedite the process. It doesn’t hurt but hoping that it helps your orders out!
I'm in Florida. So hopefully this is true. Ordered on 8/3 EDD 8/30-9/12.

Been lurking here for a while. Ordered 7/20/21. SR+ Blue/Black, no options. EDD went from 8/6 - 9/4, to 9/15 - 9/30, then no date for a while. Now I'm sitting at 10/16 - 11/5 for several days. A little discouraged by the shift...

I've added my generic insurance info (NC requires VIN) to see if that does, in fact, make a difference with prioritization.

Not much luck with existing inventory in my general area.

Patience.
I’ve been lurking 👀 here too for the past few days just to gauge estimated EDD. I order a few days before you (7/18) May i ask how long have you been sitting in the Oct 16 EDD? I am still at the mid / end Sept EDD but hold my breathe every time i refresh my screen.

I’ve been lurking 👀 here too for the past few days just to gauge estimated EDD. I order a few days before you (7/18) May i ask how long have you been sitting in the Oct 16 EDD? I am still at the mid / end Sept EDD but hold my breathe every time i refresh my screen.

My order was on 7/16 and the edd has always been end of September, while people who ordered four or five days before me seem to be mainly edd’ing more toward the beginning of September and people who ordered four or five day after me seem to be edd’ing into October and beyond…

My order was on 7/16 and the edd has always been end of September, while people who ordered four or five days before me seem to be mainly edd’ing more toward the beginning of September and people who ordered four or five day after me seem to be edd’ing into October and beyond…
Yes you’re right…. I order 07/10 nd my EDD is Sept 01-21… I hope we all get our cars soon…

Reactions: curlette461
Did you let them know you were picking up or simply showed up at the store? I have a 10 am delivery from the same location soon.
I visited them to ensure the checks were applied and to confirm everything is ready for delivery(since I didn't do the "add bank account" thing), saw my carbon the lot, then I asked if it's possible to just take the car now rather than wait until they decide to deliver, they obliged.

Long story short I just showed up 😃

Reactions: parfon
Yeah, I’ve noticed that too. Makes me wonder when we ordered we are kind of in quarter end limbo depending on if we made the sept cut or moved to oct. i hope not the latter!! 😔

Yeah, I’ve noticed that too. Makes me wonder when we ordered we are kind of in quarter end limbo depending on if we made the sept cut or moved to oct. i hope not the latter!! 😔
I am a few days behind you (so far) 7/18 EDD 9/14- 9/30 same order specs in NC.
Nice! We've got to be close, if that latest news doesn't derail progress too bad I would say within a week or so we should be getting VINs, right?
I've got to go 350 miles each way to get mine so it's going to require quite a bit of planning. Anyone who's had to travel that far to get theirs have any tips? I've got a friend with unlimited SC who offered to drive, but I'm pretty sure I can snag a flight on the cheap to JFK, and then Lyft to Paramus.

Reactions: KirtBall
Nice! We've got to be close, if that latest news doesn't derail progress too bad I would say within a week or so we should be getting VINs, right?
I've got to go 350 miles each way to get mine so it's going to require quite a bit of planning. Anyone who's had to travel that far to get theirs have any tips? I've got a friend with unlimited SC who offered to drive, but I'm pretty sure I can snag a flight on the cheap to JFK, and then Lyft to Paramus.
EWR >> JFK if you’re going to Paramus.

I have seen people sharing some helpful scripts to snag existing inventories, but if anyone is looking for a more user-friendly option, here is what I did:

1. Download chrome extension 'distill';

2. Go to the inventory page New & Used Electric Cars | Tesla and set your preference (one drawback of this method is distill is only able to search with 25-mile radius. I am not 100% sure how it works but every time distill checks the page it jumps back to 25 miles no matter how many times you choose 200 miles).

3. Click the extension on top right and select ' monitor full page'. That brings you to the settings. Rename it to whatever you like and select the interval. I made it checking pages every 15 seconds. Under action select push notification & open page. Under condition add a condition that suits your case. For me every time a page shows the text 'Standard' I get notification.

4. Save it and you are good to go. Again, like I mentioned, the tool seems to only check with the 25-mile radius. I basically made a list of zip codes of Tesla dealerships in the west coast area and had a tracker for each of them. That is time-consuming but it was worth.

You can also download the distill app on your phone to get notifications. Unfortunately only the desktop version is free. It is like $14,99/m to create tracker on a phone, but most of the people can do it on desktop and the phone notification feature is free. You can also choose to receive email notifications as well, but be aware make the conditions to be somewhat specific or otherwise you would get hundreds of emails in seconds.

This method actively searches the page for you and you wouldn't have to consistently looking at the screens. I snagged mine while I was taking a shower with notification popping on my apple watch.

Good luck.

1629168868645.png

As an update, my SA says I bought a used 2018 and payment didn't go through. What's funny is my order page shows 2021 and I found my vin, via page inspection, and it's a 2021 VIN. On top of the fact that my payment went through on my banks end, I'm not sure what to think.
Woah that's so weird. Maybe give it tonight to see if it corrects itself. Otherwise Tesla owes you a refund if its truly a 2018 model.