Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Date set to pick up my car Aug 21st! Cant wait. I finally had a real person contact me and was able to ask some questions and apply a referal code to my order since i forgot when i ordered.
Ditto! Picking up this Saturday at Springfield NJ.

Original Order- 7/6

So excited after three orders… 1st order was way back in May for a Model Y, but then here in NJ they changed things up with the incentive and the Y no longer qualified for 5k off the price. I cancelled a month in and placed 2nd order on model 3 sr + thinking I can place an order in advance of the program incentive. Turns out they were not having that so had to reorder on program start date for order #3 on 7/6. After many changes in EDD, finally on August 16th, at around noon time I got an email about the vin. I stopped looking at my order for last 3 days because I got sick of refreshing, then in the middle of my trip I get this, such an awesome feeling.

I hope you guys get your vin soon! It will be worth it!

For anyone financing, probably a good idea to choose "cash" as payment method to complete your profile, then when you get the TeslaVision prompt and a VIN, to reach out to your SA and switch back to financing and start the official finance application process. That way you avoid getting possibly double-dinged for multiple credit inquires if your initial offers expire.
I wish I had read this comment yesterday. I thought Tesla wouldn't run credit until it's closer to delievery. But they did and now I'm kind of freaking out cause it says valid until 60 days and my EDD is December. I hope my score isn't ruined by multiple runs.

Original Order- 7/6

So excited after three orders… 1st order was way back in May for a Model Y, but then here in NJ they changed things up with the incentive and the Y no longer qualified for 5k off the price. I cancelled a month in and placed 2nd order on model 3 sr + thinking I can place an order in advance of the program incentive. Turns out they were not having that so had to reorder on program start date for order #3 on 7/6. After many changes in EDD, finally on August 16th, at around noon time I got an email about the vin. I stopped looking at my order for last 3 days because I got sick of refreshing, then in the middle of my trip I get this, such an awesome feeling.

yay!!! ordered 10 days after you.

let us know how the springfield delivery goes!

Original Order- 7/6

wow I ordered 4 days after you but still no vin and my EDD is 9/7-9/27. Hopefully I get my vin by next week.

Reactions: asquared17
Putting this out there again..

Does anyone in New Jersey area need a SR + white/white with 19in sport wheels for immediate delivery? I originally ordered on 7/8 but needed a car ASAP so I found an in-inventory one out in Florida. It cost me $1000 transportation and $100 new order fee to get it early.

My original order received a vin last week and is on its way here now. Being that I already purchased the in-inventory one, I do not need this one. I am looking to re-coupe my transportation fee of $1000. I will go with you to the dealer to transfer the VIN to your order. Pick-up location is Paramus NJ. I have a delivery date for 8/26. Car is eligible for the $5,000 NJ rebate (already shows up in my account).

Message me on here if anyone is interested. I will provide proof of $1000 transportation fee if needed. (For those who are looking for an in-inventory car around NJ, you will have to pay a transportation fee if its not within 200 miles so you might as well take this one if you are willing to pay a transportation fee. The transportation fee goes up to $2500 for cars that are on the west coast).
I'm interested. Private msg if still available to give.

The following may have been already answered in here, but… I have questions re snagging an “existing inventory“ car when I already have a reservation in the system:
1. At what point in the ordering of the “existing inventory“ car is it actually “yours”? After you pay the $100 deposit? After your financing is approved? Other?
2. When in the process does it tell you the transfer cost? (Assuming it’s not located at the nearest Service Centre)
3. As for financing of the “existing inventory” car, can you call / contact someone to have your financing moved over to the new car? (I’m lready approved on my initial reservation - I don’t want another pull affecting my credit score )
4. If all of the above works out, how do you transfer your initial reservation to someone else? (I see others on here offering up their initial reservation)

Thanks in advance. :)

The following may have been already answered in here, but… I have questions re snagging an “existing inventory“ car when I already have a reservation in the system:
1. At what point in the ordering of the “existing inventory“ car is it actually “yours”? After you pay the $100 deposit? After your financing is approved? Other?
2. When in the process does it tell you the transfer cost? (Assuming it’s not located at the nearest Service Centre)
3. As for financing of the “existing inventory” car, can you call / contact someone to have your financing moved over to the new car? (I’m lready approved on my initial reservation - I don’t want another pull affecting my credit score )
4. If all of the above works out, how do you transfer your initial reservation to someone else? (I see others on here offering up their initial reservation)

Thanks in advance. :)
1. After you pay the $100 deposit
2. On the car page before you even pay the $100, you input your zip code and it tells you the cost.
3. I have seen others on here told that no they can not transfer the financing.
4. I’ve seen others going to the dealer to transfer their VIN to someone else’s order.

All of these are based on previous answers I’ve seen and not first hand experience. I feel like an elder in the loony bin at this point 😂😂😂

Just adding my stats to the group (longtime lurker) since there are those who have similar dates as me:
Order Date: 7/13, last 7 days I've been firmly planted at Sep 6-26 EDD. Have been as early as 8/5-8/25 and at the beginning of August had a couple of days that the EDD was missing and/or a October range. But for the most part it's lingered right around these current dates with little variation.
Best of luck everyone!

1. After you pay the $100 deposit
2. On the car page before you even pay the $100, you input your zip code and it tells you the cost.
3. I have seen others on here told that no they can not transfer the financing.
4. I’ve seen others going to the dealer to transfer their VIN to someone else’s order.

All of these are based on previous answers I’ve seen and not first hand experience. I feel like an elder in the loony bin at this point 😂😂😂
Thank you for the responses. Much appreciated. :)

Reactions: Clinterific