Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Stuck at August 31/September 12 also in NJ after ordering 7/6 and still no VIN. I mean, when I ordered they told me September, so... it sounds about right. But even if I get a VIN I assume it will be a week before delivery at least...

Gah this waiting game sucks lol.
In a similar boat... ordered 7/7 and delivery just got pushed back to 9/10-9/30

Hey guys, been lurking here for about 3 weeks, decided to finally go ahead and create an account and post.

Ordered a SR+ on 7/16 here in North Texas almost immediately after test-driving one. Fell in love.
  • Standard Range Plus Rear-Wheel Drive
  • Midnight Silver Metallic Paint
  • 18’’ Aero Wheels
  • All Black Partial Premium Interior
Sadly, my EDD is currently sitting at Estimated Delivery: October 12 - November 01 after sitting in a solid September timeframe for several weeks. Somewhat ashamed to say I've called Tesla twice. Both times they insisted they're working hard and I'll definitely get my car at some point (the first guy I talked to literally said 'Could be September, could be December'), but I keep getting antsy because I'm currently without a vehicle, kids are going back to school, wife is taking classes, and I'm going to be back to working in an office at some point soon. And seeing all the empty dealership lots around here from other makers. I really can't be without a vehicle for 6 months...

The most frustrating part is this idea of trolling the New Inventory webpage to try to find a car sooner. Partly because I've tried a lot over the last week and have never seen a single car show up on there, and partly because it just feels wrong. I would think if a car became available in my area that matched my specs their system would be smart enough to say 'hey, this guy's already been waiting on one just like this one. Should we ask if he wants it?' Especially for a 'tech company, not a car company' as one of the two Tesla guys I talked to told me. I even went so far on my second call to ask if I found a car I liked from the Used Inventory if they'd be able to remove the FSD to bring the price down. He laughed and said no.

Anyway. Mostly excited, slightly frustrated. Don't wanna be forced into buy something else.

IMG_0938.jpeg

Just delivered!! Happy to report I haven't found any major issues (though I'm not being overly picky as I'm leasing.)

The whole delivery process was pretty seamless. They drove to my house with the car, I signed some papers, and they drove off with my old car I used for the trade in. They didn't even look over the old car before driving off.

So from initial order to delivery, it took just shy of two months. Best of luck to all those still waiting for VINs/Delivery, hope it goes smoothly for you all!

Last edited:
Looking at all the recent responses, it seems almost all SR+ deliveries have been pushed into the September (or later) timeframe, even for folks who ordered at the end of May (which sucks). I expect things are going to be a bit quiet in this thread for the next couple of weeks with a large wave of folks receiving VINs around the start of next month. I expect September is going to be a month full of happy posts... we just have to get through the next few weeks. Stay patient!

We are the last of the May orders still waiting for delivery! EDD holding steadily at 09/09 ~ 92/29. I might as well put the order on hold and wait for the 2022 model 😆
Your EDD is much better than mine! 10/14-11/3 for me. I’m trolling existing inventory now. I’m going in a road trip beginning of September and wanted my car, but it’s not looking good. My luck it will come while I’m away and I will miss out until February. 😭😭😭😭

Your EDD is much better than mine! 10/14-11/3 for me. I’m trolling existing inventory now. I’m going in a road trip beginning of September and wanted my car, but it’s not looking good. My luck it will come while I’m away and I will miss out until February. 😭😭😭😭
oh my gosh no where is your damn car lol. you've been waiting forever.

Clinterific: My EDD has been sitting at Oct 15 - Nov 5th for several days - almost the same as yours. But just today was revised to Sept 10 - 30! Hoping you see something at least this good, if not better... my order date was July 21... YOU should have your car already!!!

Reactions: Clinterific
Looking at all the recent responses, it seems almost all SR+ deliveries have been pushed into the September (or later) timeframe, even for folks who ordered at the end of May (which sucks). I expect things are going to be a bit quiet in this thread for the next couple of weeks with a large wave of folks receiving VINs around the start of next month. I expect September is going to be a month full of happy posts... we just have to get through the next few weeks. Stay patient!
It really looks like they hit a bump in production. There were tweets going around on Reddit saying the M3 production lines were stopped all weekend (Sat/Sun 8/14-8/15). It was from an unconfirmed source so I'd take it with a grain of salt.

I really do hope you get your car soon. Stay positive, the EDD on the website goes off factory production volume so it's not accurate at all.

Man Tesla needs to get your car out soon. It's crazy how long you've been waiting. I think you're the only May order left that I can remember.

Reactions: Clinterific
In a similar boat... ordered 7/7 and delivery just got pushed back to 9/10-9/30
like @torpy @Francl27 @Mattmo and other NJ peeps, my EDD moved back slightly to 9.16-9.30. so a single day shift back. but closing in ever so slowly?? hoping we all get VINs soon

and if @Clinterific doesnt get his before the end of the month, i say we riot in the streets 😂

oh my gosh no where is your damn car lol. you've been waiting forever.
I think I pissed off Elon personally, somehow. 😫😫😫
Clinterific: My EDD has been sitting at Oct 15 - Nov 5th for several days - almost the same as yours. But just today was revised to Sept 10 - 30! Hoping you see something at least this good, if not better... my order date was July 21... YOU should have your car already!!!
I agree 😆😆😆 I’m hoping I’m one of those that gets pushed really late then boom VIN DROPS.
like @torpy @Francl27 @Mattmo and other NJ peeps, my EDD moved back slightly to 9.16-9.30. so a single day shift back. but closing in ever so slowly?? hoping we all get VINs soon

and if @Clinterific doesnt get his before the end of the month, i say we riot in the streets 😂
🔥😈🔥😈🔥😈

At this point I’m looking to snag an existing inventory one even if I have to pay the extra $2k that price has gone up and a delivery fee on top of that. 🥲🥲🥲

I think I pissed off Elon personally, somehow. 😫😫😫

I agree 😆😆😆 I’m hoping I’m one of those that gets pushed really late then boom VIN DROPS.

🔥😈🔥😈🔥😈

At this point I’m looking to snag an existing inventory one even if I have to pay the extra $2k that price has gone up and a delivery fee on top of that. 🥲🥲🥲
Fortunately, I'm still holding steady at 9/15-9/30 but I've lost all sense of what time and space are thanks to this EDD wormhole....

View attachment 698276

Just delivered!! Happy to report I haven't found any major issues (though I'm not being overly picky as I'm leasing.)

The whole delivery process was pretty seamless. They drove to my house with the car, I signed some papers, and they drove off with my old car I used for the trade in. They didn't even look over the old car before driving off.

So from initial order to delivery, it took just shy of two months. Best of luck to all those still waiting for VINs/Delivery, hope it goes smoothly for you all!
Look sweet. Sounds like the process was so smooth. Congratulations.

I‘ve been sitting at 09/02-09/22 for a few days now. I’m hoping it doesn’t get pushed back further. That date range falls in line with my original 8-12 weeks I believe. Fingers crossed!

Reactions: asquared17
The most frustrating part is this idea of trolling the New Inventory webpage to try to find a car sooner.

At this point I’m looking to snag an existing inventory one even if I have to pay the extra $2k that price has gone up and a delivery fee on top of that.

Hang in there, those inventory do drop throughout the day. We have been following it for the past couple of days in our Discord and so far have been able to get over 15 their vehicles early. It’s a rush and the idea behind it should have been unnecessary but existing inventory seems to be the best way to get a Tesla right now.

Good luck in your search!