Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

You just beat me on that one!

It is my exact spec as well and my EDD is out about a month I am guessing. I am down in OC.

Makes you wonder. What is a car that is less than 48 hrs old doing in Lathrop CA about 1 hour away from the factory? Why wouldn't Tesla have diverted it to one of us as an early delivery? Weird.

Wonder what is done in Lathrop.

Enjoy the car!
Same question since my existing inventory car was also in Lathrop. Wondering if it's another offsite storage facility

Debating whether I should pick up my car at the nearby Service Center (15-20 mins away) or have it home delivered. If I pick it up at the SC, I could probably have any issues addressed on the spot versus having to book an appointment if I notice any issues with home delivery.

Any other pros or cons I should consider?
Try to opt for the service center, especially considering you're so close to it.

The home delivery is just awkward, you have to accept delivery and the Tesla employee/contractor just wants to leave already. You'll feel rushed during the inspection process.

Not to mention that the home delivery timeframe is huge. Some people have a couple hour window gap and Tesla will still manage to be late. At the SC, the time for you appointment is the time you get to see your car. No tricks or hassle.

I feel like I owe you my timeline. And also for those who are obsessive like me and tracking every stage 🙃

8/5 VIN received
8/9 Tesla texted to schedule the delivery and emailed the same within an hour. Picked 8/19 (earliest available). By default it was set to home delivery even though opted for pickup while ordering. I requested to change to pickup
8/10 Tesla responded saying no.
8/15 Tesla texted they changed my delivery to pickup, and emailed the same after few minutes. I responded in both text and email confirming that was ok.
8/18 Tesla robo-called to confirm the delivery. I would have hung-up if i hadn't saved their no earlier . Note to all waiting for delivery: save the random no. that your SA calls from. I am not sure if they will attempt to call again or just delay if you don't respond to that call.
Exactly 24 hour piror to the delivery time, i received an email to inform agreement was ready. I was already on their page waiting for that, so that email wasn't much of use for me. The car was at 15mile reading in the agreement.
Texted me around 8pm that the car was delayed in transit and rescheduled the delivery to Saturday instead. Yes, all happened in a single day, what a day!
8/20 Texted Tesla to confirm if the car is actually ready for delivery as per schedule and they confirmed. I accepted my agreement again. the one I accepted earlier was gone after the delivery was delayed. the reading was again at 15 mile
8/21. They emailed its ready to pickup. The pickup area was all the way back. The mobile app took like 2 minutes (for me, idk if it was standard or weird connectivity issue) to able honk or flash after accepting the car in my account. But actually, I realized afterwards they placed my name tag on the car; so didn't really have to honk like a crazy person in the first place. There was one tesla guy walking back and forth to help people who had questions. At the end, he helped me put on the front plate. Other than I did not speak to anyone, everything else was on my own. Just needed to sign the document and drop it in the lockbox. I checked my car using the checklist . The odometer was at 6 mile.
Thank you for sharing your timeline! Hoping this Sat will be as smooth as your delivery appt!

Reactions: VivekDr
Did you pickup at Lathrop or did they send it to another place for pickup? I’m in SoCal so deciding if I want to fly up there to get it or just have it brought down.
I doubt that there is any add'l charge for transport. But what do I know ...

Any damage that occurs on the road while they transport is covered. But if you are driving, you're on your own. Easy decision for me.

Reactions: mugatu101
Try to opt for the service center, especially considering you're so close to it.

The home delivery is just awkward, you have to accept delivery and the Tesla employee/contractor just wants to leave already. You'll feel rushed during the inspection process.

Not to mention that the home delivery timeframe is huge. Some people have a couple hour window gap and Tesla will still manage to be late. At the SC, the time for you appointment is the time you get to see your car. No tricks or hassle.
I thought that Tesla just drops off the car and take off shortly after? Are they actually hanging around until you accept delivery? I was thinking they left shortly after and then you can do your external inspection for as long as you want and then accept delivery (and gain access to inside the car) after that?

Has anyone done a delivery center transfer in CA? Just trying to gauge how long it takes a car to get from Central California to Los Angeles. If it said its "on its way to the delivery center" this morning and let me set a pickup for Friday. What are the chances it arrives earlier, like Thursday.

**Price Lowered** Putting this out there again..

Does anyone in New Jersey area need a SR + white/white with 19in sport wheels for immediate delivery? I originally ordered on 7/8 but needed a car ASAP so I found an in-inventory one out in Florida. It cost me $1000 transportation and $100 new order fee to get it early.

My original order received a vin and is on its way here now. Being that I already purchased the in-inventory one, I do not need this one. I am looking to re-coupe only $600 (non-negotiable). I will go with you to the dealer to transfer the VIN to your order. Pick-up location is Paramus NJ. I have a delivery date for 8/26. Car is eligible for the $5,000 NJ rebate (already shows up in my account).

Message me on here if anyone is interested. I will provide proof of $1000 transportation fee if needed. (For those who are looking for an in-inventory car around NJ, you will have to pay a transportation fee if its not within 200 miles so you might as well take this one if you are willing to pay a transportation fee. The transportation fee goes up to $2500 for cars that are on the west coast).

Reactions: asquared17
My SA got back to me already - he said it's about 2 weeks by the time we get the VIN and the delivery team will reach out to me "in the near future."

I hope we know soon, I need a heads up if I have to take off work (I messed up my back though so I'm not sure I'll be back to work in 2 weeks, but still).
i reached out to my SA to see if he had any more insight on when the car would arrive (i’m still without a VIN) as he when i emailed him on 8.3, he told me they would know more later in the month… he just reiterated my EDD. 😅🙃

so definitely keep us posted on your timeline as i’m also trying to figure out when i will need to take off work.

OMG I got a VIN! EDD changed to september 3/sept 9 in Princeton. Now to figure out how to set up the delivery..

Also I remember people mentioning a vision agreement or something? I never got that.
Just got Tesla Vision prompt and VIN!!!! NJ CREW LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! @asquared17
You two are giving me hope! I think I ordered a few days after you so we’ll see what happens!

Has anyone done a delivery center transfer in CA? Just trying to gauge how long it takes a car to get from Central California to Los Angeles. If it said its "on its way to the delivery center" this morning and let me set a pickup for Friday. What are the chances it arrives earlier, like Thursday.

Chances are excellent that it will arrive before the EDD of your original order. You might have to read back earlier in the thread. Once delivery occurs, very few people post much followup or hang around here. But I am aware there were people who transferred to SoCal. My gut feeling is that transport was only a single day. Things just kind of play out the way that they do. So many variables at work.

Reactions: mugatu101