Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did anyone receive this email before? Wasn’t sure if it’s a mass email to folks that are still pending their ordered or a indication from my SA that i will have to wait a bit longer than expected

Tesla probably wants to import vehicles to the U.S. as the demand is higher than in Europe and Asia .... Fremont can't keep up alone.

I didn’t get the letter. I suspect Tesla is sending this letter only to those with Q4 EDDs. I would get LFP battery version in a heart beat even with the same September EDD window as i have now if Tesla were to offer a discount on the lower capacity. But the tone of of the letter implies that they have no such plans, rather they’re offering you an earlier EDD in exchange for a lower battery capacity :)
They dropped a ton of inventory 253mi and some demo 240mi at 3pm est. Same price! I'd consider it if they dropped even $2k. But 10mi less for a cheaper battery (not necessarily worse but 3k cheaper in other markets, also heavier) and same price? Maybe if it was 20 mi more and same price...

Reactions: M3RedWhiteAero
I didn’t get the letter. I suspect Tesla is sending this letter only to those with Q4 EDDs. I would get LFP battery version in a heart beat even with the same September EDD window as i have now if Tesla were to offer a discount on the lower capacity. But the tone of of the letter implies that they have no such plans, rather they’re offering you an earlier EDD in exchange for a lower battery capacity :)
I agree, a discount would be logical but Tesla is in the driver's seat right now :)

Reactions: NB Hip fan
On check out, it says the inventory is located in Phoenix, wow. Should I just pick it up or wait til October 17- Nov 17 for my EDD? I'm wondering if the original order with 263 mile range is the LFP battery or not. If it is, then I'd like to wait. But if it's not, why wouldn't I just reserve the one that's for sale in my city right now? What's your take on losing 10 miles in range?

Reactions: 907XCP
On check out, it says the inventory is located in Phoenix, wow. Should I just pick it up or wait til October 17- Nov 17 for my EDD? I'm wondering if the original order with 263 mile range is the LFP battery or not. If it is, then I'd like to wait. But if it's not, why wouldn't I just reserve the one that's for sale in my city right now? What's your take on losing 10 miles in range?
Loss of 10 miles of range when new, but the LFP batteries are supposed to degrade less over time, so potentially higher range in a couple of years. If you don't live in a cold climate, where LFP batteries are rumored to not perform as well, then I'd prefer the LFP long term.

Bjorn's video on 0-60 times between Fremont/China Model 3

If these LFP battery variants are indeed the same battery they use in the China factory, the 0-60 times according to Bjorn are a lot more consistent. Very interesting to consider if you're a the type w/ a lead foot.

You can see that the Fremont version tapers off a significant amount more as it reaches lower SoC.

*MIC = made in China (LFP battery)

1630010932812.png