Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is something they don’t know that’s preventing them from keeping customers informed. They either don’t know when the new Monroney stickers will become available or they don’t know when the update will become available, or they don’t know when either will become available.

Is your new order different from the original order? Mine wasn’t an issue because the cost was exactly the same…(sorry, @fayez)
Well, my initial order was in Red. Now it's in white. So it's actually $2k cheaper. I heard back from the finance team and they asked me to apply again.

This sucks and makes me think if going via 3rd party i.e. your own is a better option. You'd never have to apply again or run into such issues.

Hi guys. I placed an order last night, my EDD August 29 - September 1. I received my VIN as soon as I had placed my order.

Now the only issue is - I was already approved by Tesla financing. My SA said to apply for financing again. They wouldn't be able to transfer my application to this car. I typically want to avoid applying again and do a credit run. Any thoughts or suggestions on what I can do?
My SA just assigned the LFP vin to my current order, which was complete with financing. My scheduled delivery date is 9/06 and it shows all the exact same financing info i was already approved for before the LFP switch, I can even pay the down payment which shows the NJ 5k off rebate already applied.

Although, the LFP m3 was the exact same specs as the NCA m3 i had already ordered, zero price difference. He did mention if i make ANY sort of changes that differ from original order i'd probably have to reapply for financing

My SA just assigned the LFP vin to my current order, which was complete with financing. My scheduled delivery date is 9/06 and it shows all the exact same financing info i was already approved for before the LFP switch, I can even pay the down payment which shows the NJ 5k off rebate already applied.

Although, the LFP m3 was the exact same specs as the NCA m3 i had already ordered, zero price difference. He did mention if i make ANY sort of changes that differ from original order i'd probably have to reapply for financing
Must be nice to have a responsible SA:)

Wait, you can pay the down payment already?

• Funny
Reactions: RogerMc
Hi guys. I placed an order last night, my EDD August 29 - September 1. I received my VIN as soon as I had placed my order.

Now the only issue is - I was already approved by Tesla financing. My SA said to apply for financing again. They wouldn't be able to transfer my application to this car. I typically want to avoid applying again and do a credit run. Any thoughts or suggestions on what I can do?
I have applied 3 times within the last month throught tesla financial. My original SR+ (cancelled), an LR inventory cancelled, then a LFP SR+. All of them were approved by tesla financial nomproblem. Credit companies understand you are shopping for credit financing and at one website I even saw u can apply 10-20 times and some will identify it as one credit hit if it happens within a reasonable amount of time (2 weeks they said). You ahould be fine unless credit is borderline to begin with

As someone said above, most probably a nice SA. I did change my color from Red to white - however - the price went down so it should actually be fine as I won't need an additional credit limit. My original order did not have any VIN assigned and I'm sure they could have assigned one. Anyways - I have submitted it again and let's see how that goes.

I have applied 3 times within the last month throught tesla financial. My original SR+ (cancelled), an LR inventory cancelled, then a LFP SR+. All of them were approved by tesla financial nomproblem. Credit companies understand you are shopping for credit financing and at one website I even saw u can apply 10-20 times and some will identify it as one credit hit if it happens within a reasonable amount of time (2 weeks they said). You ahould be fine unless credit is borderline to begin with
My credit is 720+ - however, it's new. I just moved to the US a year ago and everything's fresh. Hence not easy getting approved. I had committed a 12K downpayment to get approved without any hicups. I've done the same now again with 10K downpayment since the price went down 2k.

Thanks for your insights. I'll let everyone know how it goes at my end. I should get my car in a day or two. Exciting!

Ordered LFP inventory 08/27 with VIN Immediately but when I called carlsbad delivery center yesterday 08/28 they said my car was still in production and they dont have an idea yet when mine is coming. Weather the car is built already, built but waiting on sticker/software update I dont know and Carlsbad delivery center couldnt provide me with info. Any thoughts ? Experience ?

Ordered LFP inventory 08/27 with VIN Immediately but when I called carlsbad delivery center yesterday 08/28 they said my car was still in production and they dont have an idea yet when mine is coming. Weather the car is built already, built but waiting on sticker/software update I dont know and Carlsbad delivery center couldnt provide me with info. Any thoughts ? Experience ?
The delivery center has the most amount of info in terms of whether your car is in production, waiting for transit, or on its way. I called mine earlier today and was told my vehicle is already built and waiting for a truck to take it down to SoCal.