Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered LFP inventory 08/27 with VIN Immediately but when I called carlsbad delivery center yesterday 08/28 they said my car was still in production and they dont have an idea yet when mine is coming. Weather the car is built already, built but waiting on sticker/software update I dont know and Carlsbad delivery center couldnt provide me with info. Any thoughts ? Experience ?
did your car have an odo reading on the Delivery Configuration?
if it's still in production, i doubt it can have any miles on it...
or are those total bogus?

• Helpful
Reactions: TessTessTessie
Good morning all. Curious if any of the west coast folk have had any updates yet? I’m a day into my EDD range of this week for an LFP car (My NCA car EDD is late October) and still radio silence since the order/VIN. It’s all hopefully soon, but obviously a bit anxious like the rest of us!
Seems like some people have already picked up their car. But some of us (like me) don’t even have an EDD yet :(

Ordered the exact same LFP model from local inventory. Reached out to autofinance and just received this response. Worth a shot to see if they’re willing to do so, but I was not able to get the financing transferred despite having the same specs and pricing.
7DE845C4-E0D7-4F62-AF66-CAC35B6CCAB4.jpeg

The one LFP person who would actually benefit from being scheduled on the 3rd or 4th is the one person I’ve seen that gets scheduled for the 1st. The one thing working in your favor at this point is there is a reasonable chance Tesla itself will have to postpone your pick-up again.

I had the same situation as far as ending up with 1 $100 order and 2 more $250 orders. But I had a great SA, though, and she transferred the desired car onto my original $100 order, and canceled the other 2 orders and the charges off my credit card.
I gotta think the timing of the order fee price jack and release of these "inventory" LFP SR+ 3's was not a coincidence...

Reactions: CarlZ and pjlecy
Good morning all. Curious if any of the west coast folk have had any updates yet? I’m a day into my EDD range of this week for an LFP car (My NCA car EDD is late October) and still radio silence since the order/VIN. It’s all hopefully soon, but obviously a bit anxious like the rest of us!
I’m in the same boat; ordered 08/26 with a VIN and my EDD starts today. no contact yet.

I'm on the same boat as you. I placed an order for the LFP on 8/26 with an unstable EDD (8/27 - 9/4, 8/28 - 9/4, 8/29 - 9/4, 8/31 - 9/5), and I still have my previous order that I placed 7/23, whose current EDD moved from 9/18 - 9/30 to 10/7 - 10/27 this morning.

I'm located in the bay area, picking up at Serramonte, all pre-delivery requirements fulfilled. I called the Fremont sales center and a nice lady said I was hard matched for a vehicle and should be getting a call from the delivery center any day now. I asked her what to do about having 2 orders, she said something about opening a case to transfer the previous order, and that my SA (who she said was right there when she asked me the name of my SA lol) would contact me to go over the case. That was 8/26, still no call back.

As someone said above, most probably a nice SA. I did change my color from Red to white - however - the price went down so it should actually be fine as I won't need an additional credit limit. My original order did not have any VIN assigned and I'm sure they could have assigned one. Anyways - I have submitted it again and let's see how that goes.
Did you get approved for the second application yet?

My first application took about 15 minutes for an approval, this one for the LFP seems to be taking longer.

While we’re waiting … I’m curious if anybody here has chosen to lease? I’ve previously leased my last 5 cars. Ordinarily I think most leases are a more financially attractive proposition (depending on the terms). I decided to buy/finance my M3 because Tesla leasing seemed to have a very unattractive combination of low residual value + no purchase option. Is there some driving factor that lead anyone here to lease their M3? Is it purely the more affordable monthly payment?

Reactions: MG535
Despite having my 3 for a month now, guess I'm still a bit of a n00b. I charge my 3 with the J1772 adapter connected to my ChargePoint Flex Home. Just found out I can unlock the charge port by simply pressing the trigger button on the handle of the CP unit quickly instead of fumbling with my phone to unlock via the app or with the center display. 😆
Sometimes that doesn't quite work for me and I have to open the driver's door first. Give that a try if it is acting goofy.

While we’re waiting … I’m curious if anybody here has chosen to lease? I’ve previously leased my last 5 cars. Ordinarily I think most leases are a more financially attractive proposition (depending on the terms). I decided to buy/finance my M3 because Tesla leasing seemed to have a very unattractive combination of low residual value + no purchase option. Is there some driving factor that lead anyone here to lease their M3? Is it purely the more affordable monthly payment?
I am leasing. The lower monthly payment and ease of turning over the keys in 2 years for something new and shiny again are my main reasons. These cars will see so many changes and tech updates that long term ownership isn't right for me. If the car and brand are good to me, I will sample the other models on future leases.

I am leasing. The lower monthly payment and ease of turning over the keys in 2 years for something new and shiny again are my main reasons. These cars will see so many changes and tech updates that long term ownership isn't right for me. If the car and brand are good to me, I will sample the other models on future leases.
Agreed. Also leasing. I think with how rapid these cars are progressing 3 years (or 3.5 with the possible extension at the end) seems fairly reasonable.

Reactions: asquared17
Despite having my 3 for a month now, guess I'm still a bit of a n00b. I charge my 3 with the J1772 adapter connected to my ChargePoint Flex Home. Just found out I can unlock the charge port by simply pressing the trigger button on the handle of the CP unit quickly instead of fumbling with my phone to unlock via the app or with the center display. 😆
Yeah, the bad part of that is anyone else can do that too as well. They sell these 3D printed collars that can lock the charge point to the Tesla adapter so no one can remove it.