Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's what I fear will ultimately happen to my original order. So I jumped on LFP and placed new order.
I have to think it’s just a glitch and the EDD will get updated in a day or two to reflect a September delivery. I ordered in mid June and my EDD is still holding steady aug 31-sept 14. We didn’t get the emails offering a switch to the LFP battery models in exchange for pulling in the EDD by 2+ months, so that can only mean that’s we are on track for a September delivery. Well, at least that’s what I keep telling myself :)

I am leasing. The lower monthly payment and ease of turning over the keys in 2 years for something new and shiny again are my main reasons. These cars will see so many changes and tech updates that long term ownership isn't right for me. If the car and brand are good to me, I will sample the other models on future leases.
Could one argue that the emergence of Carvana and other similar competitors have eroded what used to be hassle and/or cost associated with selling a car?

Reactions: RogerMc
No argument here. I sold to Carvana, only great things to say.

Auto mfg takes your trade as a convenience to you in order to make sale. Most times they just wholesale them out to auction. Top value, not likely.
and they (brick and mortar stores) straight up lie to you. i got multiple quotes/phone calls promising top price for my ICE car.
when it came down to final numbers, they were 4-5k below carvana's offer. guess, who got my car. and guess am i buying from b'n'm store.

otoh can't say that i'm happy w/ tesla's communication either...

Reactions: RogerMc
You actually HAVE communication with Tesla? ;)
yeah, define 'communication'.
chatting via their web page is totally useless. they just want to sell me solar (which i already do have).
calling is so frustrating, i just get into voice mail after punching a punch of numbers and describing my problem (or often the voice mail doesn't even work).
i once got a call back from 'my' SA (after requesting that at least 4 times via above mentioned chat), but she just told me "someone will call to schedule pickup" w/o any promise on date and obv i'm still waiting for that call. and she called from 888 number so can't really call her back.

ugh if i wasn’t so delighted for a friend getting their VIN, i’d be disgusted with everything else 😂

*stares off into the void humming “someday my VIN will come” to the tune of someday my prince will come*

🤣😂 I’ll join you with the humming!!!
Order 7/17 SR + MSM / white / 18. But I’m in cali

Just got a VIN on my 7/24 order!

Weird how I felt the need to tell y’all first before my family. They’re more like “is the car here or not?”
Congrats! Gives us mid-late July orders hope!! Btw did you get the massive LFP email last week? I am just curious bc I ordered 7/18 and got that email ….and wondering if folks that were already on the list to get a VIN soon got the email or not.

Reactions: asquared17