Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all - long time lurker and first time poster.
Just wanted to say I believe I was lucky, I ordered on 7/9 (Plano, TX Tesla showroom) with a 7-11 week estimate, had my EDD change almost every day from as soon as 8/3 to as late as 10/11.....
Lo & behold, got a VIN in mid August with delivery date on 8/21 (which is approx 6 weeks from OD). Financed via Tesla (Wells Fargo) at 2.49%, they offered a respectable trade in for my 2018 Honda CRV as well.

My wife, who has never been a EV/Tesla fan, immensely enjoys driving it in the 2 weeks we've had it, so much so we just placed an order for the MYLR today with an EDD of "January". As per our SA, Gigafactory TX will be behind on Day 1 so don't anticipate 4680 batteries in MY till 2023 (his opinion, not Tesla's formal stance).

No major issues on the M3SR+ (minor panel gap issues but nothing significant), I got it PPF (which I regret) and tinted (which I overpaid), but overall super happy with this NCA Model 3!

Hi all - long time lurker and first time poster.
Just wanted to say I believe I was lucky, I ordered on 7/9 (Plano, TX Tesla showroom) with a 7-11 week estimate, had my EDD change almost every day from as soon as 8/3 to as late as 10/11.....
Lo & behold, got a VIN in mid August with delivery date on 8/21 (which is approx 6 weeks from OD). Financed via Tesla (Wells Fargo) at 2.49%, they offered a respectable trade in for my 2018 Honda CRV as well.

My wife, who has never been a EV/Tesla fan, immensely enjoys driving it in the 2 weeks we've had it, so much so we just placed an order for the MYLR today with an EDD of "January". As per our SA, Gigafactory TX will be behind on Day 1 so don't anticipate 4680 batteries in MY till 2023 (his opinion, not Tesla's formal stance).

No major issues on the M3SR+ (minor panel gap issues but nothing significant), I got it PPF (which I regret) and tinted (which I overpaid), but overall super happy with this NCA Model 3!
love hearing success stories 🥲🥲🥲🥲this is great!!

Reactions: KirtBall
For the sake of an update, the following things happened for me today…

1) Text from Tesla saying my car is in transit, once it passes inspection the delivery team will reach out
2) 2nd text from Tesla asking if I wanted to cancel my NCA order and transfer the order fee to the LFP order
3) I responded with please transfer the fee to the LFP and BTW how long does it take to clear inspection?
4) Tesla responded saying it typically takes 3 days for inspection to clear
5) Just noticed I no longer have the original order for the NCA showing up in my account, though I haven’t seen anything change regarding the fee credit
6) EDD still holding at 9/3 - 9/6
7) Most of my hair has fallen out at this point…

Opps~ Just call Costa Mesa, CA delivery center. No cars will be deliveried today.
07/19 ordered M3 SR+. No Vin EDD Sep 29th-30th
08/27 ordered LFP M3 SR+, 08/28 received delivery appointment but I cancel due to incorrect color of interior
08/28 ordered LFP M3 SR+, Vin assigned EDD window shows 29th Aug then keep postpone to 1st - 4th Sep.

1) Text from Tesla saying my car is in transit, once it passes inspection the delivery team will reach out
2) 2nd text from Tesla asking if I wanted to cancel my NCA order and transfer the order fee to the LFP order
3) I responded with please transfer the fee to the LFP and BTW how long does it take to clear inspection?
5) Just noticed I no longer have the original order for the NCA showing up in my account, though I haven’t seen anything change regarding the fee credit
I would not cancel my NCA order until I see my LFP M3. In case....

When you say "text from Tesla," is this your SA? I've never received a single text from Tesla (I've also never heard from an SA). I have two orders open too (NCA/LFP) with a LFP EDD of 9/1-9/6, but no texts (or any other form of communication really 😆) yet.

Reactions: batterywat
When you say "text from Tesla," is this your SA? I've never received a single text from Tesla (I've also never heard from an SA). I have two orders open too (NCA/LFP) with a LFP EDD of 9/1-9/6, but no texts (or any other form of communication really 😆) yet.
510 area code… I’m in Los Angeles. It’s Tesla Fremont. Same number I’ve seen people online posting their delivery notification coming from. I don’t have an SA as I ordered online.

Reactions: kjharlow
damn right!

Hey Otis, what did you order etc? I will be picking up in Costa Mesa hopefully very soon.
07/19 ordered M3 SR+. No Vin EDD Sep 29th-30th
08/27 ordered LFP M3 SR+, 08/28 received delivery appointment but I cancel due to incorrect color of interior
08/28 ordered LFP M3 SR+, Vin assigned EDD window shows 29th Aug then keep postpone to 1st - 4th Sep.

Reactions: RogerMc
damn right!

Hey Otis, what did you order etc? I will be picking up in Costa Mesa hopefully very soon.

Not concerned… I cant wait 2 months to get my car. I bought the car originally due to the EDD being early Sept… right when I needed a car again (We’re currently a 1 car family with 2 kids and a dog, kinda hard to keep going this way with school and work). The date moving back was becoming a potential deal breaker and us moving towards the ID4…yuck

Not concerned… I cant wait 2 months to get my car. I bought the car originally due to the EDD being early Sept… right when I needed a car again (We’re currently a 1 car family with 2 kids and a dog, kinda hard to keep going this way with school and work). The date moving back was becoming a potential deal breaker and us moving towards the ID4…yuck
Same situation here. Hard to manage I can't switch to other EV. When I see EDD being early Sept I scheduled 240V outlet installation and got it done on Monday.

Reactions: RogerMc and Bullitt
Just had a good experience with an SA, hopefully he wasn't talking out of his ass :) but he sounded like he knew what he was talking about..

I originally ordered the SR+ on 8/24, but then ordered the LFP on 8/26. I ordered later in the night well after the email so it must have been after the initial batch. While I got my VIN immediately, I have yet to get my EDD.

My SA has been on vacation so today was the first day he was back and I gave him a call. He didn't pick up but called me back within an hour. What he said was that I must have ordered from the batch that wasn't quite ready yet so that is why I don't have an EDD yet. But since I have a VIN the car is well into the production process. He said at most it should be down in LA within 7 days with pickup soon after that.

Crossing my fingers that I'm driving in my M3 next weekend!

Interesting update. I was scheduled to pick up my car today and the delivery center told me Tesla put the brakes on the car and there's a firmware update that's required before they can sell it.

I talked with my service person and they told me they have not heard anything from Tesla on the firmware. I hung up 20 minutes ago. As of right now all LFP deliveries are pending waiting on the firmware update. They have received zero information from Tesla on a date. My car is on the lot ready to go along with a few other LFP cars, all awaiting the firmware update before they can be delivered.

Which delivery center? Alpharetta or Decatur? I am still waiting on my text/call scheduling the delivery. The last time I heard my Tesla was on the train.
I order on 8/26 have a delivery date of 9/7 to Decatur. I have a feeling it’s going to get pushed back though because I called today and my car is not on the lot.. won’t be until the 4th.. and idk if they’ll be open Monday (holiday).

F

Neither have I but I did get someone to help me using the “request callback” feature on the website with a preference given for texts. Other people have used the chat function too.
After I placed my LFP order, that night I got an email from Tesla Advisor Northwest Sales & Delivery - Welcome to the Family

I also got a text from Tesla when I placed my NCA order "Welcome to Tesla! Thank you for completing all pre-delivery tasks in your Tesla Account." - This is the number that my delivery center has been sending me updates from.

With all the excitement of this week, I foolishly decided it was time for me to reach out to sales. Big mistake.
After about 5 minutes of conflicting information which did not agree with instructions I was given by SA from last Friday, I was finally able to learn that my car has not arrived and probably hasn't been built. They just don't know and they aren't able to explain the situation clearly either. It seems a miracle to me that cars actually get delivered. I have to laff because what else can you do?

I don't have confidence in anything they say.

Last edited:
With all the excitement of this week, I foolishly decided it was time for me to reach out to sales. Big mistake.
After about 5 minutes of conflicting information which did not agree with instructions I was given by SA from last Friday, I was finally able to learn that my car has not arrived and probably hasn't been built. They just don't know and they aren't able to explain the situation clearly either. It seems a miracle to me that cars actually get delivered. I have to laff because what else can you do?
Ugh. Sorry to hear it

Reactions: RogerMc