Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update from my stuck on train LFP.
Ordered on 8/27 after receiving an email on 8/26 about that my original mid July order might be delayed.

Finally got the cs rep to tell me whatta hell was going on after hearing that is stuck on a train.

Turns out that the car they sold me was damaged in transport and right now it is in body shop in Dallas.

They created a ticket on 8/25 two days before they released the car in the inventory in Atlanta knowing that the car was damaged in transport. Pretty shitty if you ask me.

They said most likely it is a cosmetic damages otherwise they would assign a new car.

They said it would take additional 1-2 weeks before the car makes it to Atlanta.

<Face palm>
I am so sorry bro. And I assume no point in assigning another car because it’d be 1-2 weeks anyway?

Super happy for all of the LFP folks that will receive their cars soon!

just wanted to get a pulse check for all my NCA order peeps… is your EDD still the same since the LFP roll out or has it shifted? I was a mid Sept EDD until it moved to mid-Oct the day before the massive email.

I am really hoping that once the LFP orders get delivered to their happy owners the next few weeks our EDD moves closer ASAP!!!

Sending positive vibes bc i know we’ll all need it as we wait ❤️
My EDD has been 9/19-9/30 for over a week and has not moved at all. It was originally 9/17-9/30 and occasionally slipped to 9/18-9/30, but it has not changed since the LFPs were released.

When I saw the news that LFP cars were showing in stock I used sales chat and asked how long for delivery on the LFP in stock cars and they said 3 weeks. So I ordered a SR+ LFP on 8/27. Delivery date and vin was assigned immediately. 9/1 to 9/7. Much earlier than 3 weeks so I called Sunday to ask how accurate that time was because I got a good offer from Carvana for my old car. They told me it was in transit and will arrive in Coral Gables on 9/4. I went ahead and let Carvana take my old one since my wife works from home and we can get by with one car. I called again yesterday to see if it was still arriving on time and to schedule delivery. They said they didn’t want to schedule delivery until it arrived and if I didn’t hear from them by Monday or Tuesday I should call back. Yea right. I’m calling Friday afternoon to make sure it arrived. Today delivery changed to 9/2 to 9/6. Anyone else in miami expecting delivery this weekend?

Interesting thing to note. Was just on the Tesla site looking at the delivery ETA for new builds of the Model 3 (Still January) and the specs have changed ever so slightly… it’s now showing 262 mile range for SR+
Now I’m wondering if thats why the hold… maybe they’ve been able to match up the ranges and are moving to CATL being the standard Range battery moving forward. Otherwise, why the drop in range estimate for current NCA cars?

Unverified accounts indicate that there is a "70%-80% chance of the firmware update to happen overnight [tonight]".

Source: Reddit

I struggled with whether to post this here but a 70-80% chance per a random person's SA already sounds a lot more promising than many things I have heard since last Thursday.

Really hoping theres some truth there! Would love to see this log jam unstuck

Reactions: Mattmo