Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wife is going to be listed as a co-owner. Anybody on here familiar with what I might need if I wanted her to grant me POA in order to complete the sale and not have to attend for signing docs in person?

As I understand everyone that will be on the title will need to be present to take delivery. We left my wife off the title for that reason alone.

Reactions: RogerMc
My wife is going to be listed as a co-owner. Anybody on here familiar with what I might need if I wanted her to grant me POA in order to complete the sale and not have to attend for signing docs in person?
Is she on the finance packet? If she is then she must be a co-owner and accordingly must be present at pickup.
Having POA and a copy of her ID may be an acceptable alternative but always confirm with your DC (and take down the name of the person who confirmed it).

Howeverrrrrr you might be able to circumvent this with home delivery, since you won’t have to be present at all.

Just got an email from Tesla telling me to get off my ass and prove I have insurance for the car. That’s got to count for something, doesn’t it?
Got the same email, so I quickly bought the tesla insurance lol. Being under 25, it’s kind of hard to find cheap insurance but Tesla surprisingly offered me the lowest. They offered me $172 per month (cheaper than how much I paid for my last car) whilst Geico tried offering me $500+ per month!!
I will call later to see if I can come pickup my car today lol. 🤞🏼

Got the same email, so I quickly bought the tesla insurance lol. Being under 25, it’s kind of hard to find cheap insurance but Tesla surprisingly offered me the lowest. They offered me $172 per month (cheaper than how much I paid for my last car) whilst Geico tried offering me $500+ per month!!
GEICO’s quote is quite outrageous for me as well lol they gave me $831 for state-minimum coverage 😂😂😂

UM. not to cause anyone in NJ alarm, but,,,,,,, the NJ funding went from around 58% remaining last night to 17% remaining as of this morning.

i’m guessing the found a way to earmark the funds for the EVs potentially impacted by ida??? otherwise,,,, i have no earthly idea how they burned through several million dollars overnight. 😳😳😳😳

they also had signs up that they were taking the portal down for maintenance from 9-11pm EST so i didn’t bother checking again after yesterday afternoon, but,,,,,,,,, thats like,,, 10 million dollars up in smoke.
That doesn't make any sense that it could jump that much overnight after decreasing so gradually over the past two months... I think once a VIN is assigned and the $5k credit in your Tesla account it must be part of the "Issued & Reserved"?

I got a text from Tesla this morning (literally first text from them ever) saying they've updated my delivery location from Paramus to Springfield due to the impacts of Ida and it will not affect my delivery time :D

907CDBAB-8311-4AEB-986F-8ECA0220CCB9.jpeg

Pic of her. If only I could update the firmware myself. Lol

Oddly enough I got a quote for Tesla insurance and it wasn’t bad… till I added my wife and the monthly doubled from $152 to $300… I thought it was going to be the cheapest route. Ultimately I tried Geico and others with some good rates, but called my AAA agent and had her run the numbers… $180 a month for both my wife and I.

Reactions: HuntersTSL
That doesn't make any sense that it could jump that much overnight after decreasing so gradually over the past two months... I think once a VIN is assigned and the $5k credit in your Tesla account it must be part of the "Issued & Reserved"?

I got a text from Tesla this morning (literally first text from them ever) saying they've updated my delivery location from Paramus to Springfield due to the impacts of Ida and it will not affect my delivery time :D
yeah it’s super weird.

also of interest is the fact that the governor dedicated a mysterious 10 million to small business relief for Ida at 10am this morning. i’m not saying…. i’m just saying. 🙃

Reactions: Mattmo