Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered a LFP SR+ 8/26. Scheduled to pick up 9/4 in Mount Kisco NY. Delivery delayed til 9/6. Message below received today:

Tesla Update - Your Model 3 has not yet arrived, due to the recent hurricane that has affected the area. As a precaution we are rescheduling your appointment to (——-) on September 6, 2021 based on your car's current ETA. If your car does arrive earlier than anticipated, we will reach out to reschedule accordingly.

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you in advance for your understanding.

Reply to this message if you need assistance.

well friends, i snagged a car off the discord!!!

the only thing worrying me is:

a) i panicked, and checked out with apple pay, so the delivery confirmation went to the wrong email. (i’ve already called tesla to merge the accounts but i don’t know how long this will take + i want to complete all the paperwork ASAP)

and

b) i selected one without a “factory gate” which leads me to believe it may not have left fremont yet?? wouldnt the VIN go live if it had? UNSURE.

so still a fair bit of casual panic over here 😅😅😅😅😅😅

Yes, I am expecting to have the car any day now. Likely a couple weeks earlier than NCA car.
Update from my stuck on train LFP.
Ordered on 8/27 after receiving an email on 8/26 about that my original mid July order might be delayed.

Finally got the cs rep to tell me whatta hell was going on after hearing that is stuck on a train.

Turns out that the car they sold me was damaged in transport and right now it is in body shop in Dallas.

They created a ticket on 8/25 two days before they released the car in the inventory in Atlanta knowing that the car was damaged in transport. Pretty shitty if you ask me.

They said most likely it is a cosmetic damages otherwise they would assign a new car.

They said it would take additional 1-2 weeks before the car makes it to Atlanta.

<Face palm>
During the course of 1-2 days Tesla made a batch of "inventory" cars available to a subset of M3 SR+ reservation holders. I presume those with the oldest reservations. For example, I had ordered by in late June. My EDD was between Sept and Oct. That shifted from July, then Aug, etc. The bottleneck for Tesla is the batteries. Hence they must have shipped a bunch of LFP batteries from China made by CATL to Fremont and offered the option to us. It was offered as a choice because the battery chemistry is different and the EPA rated range is 10 miles less. There are many advantages to the LFP chemistry which is why many of us took the offer. The (new) inventory cars were technically available to everyone but Tesla sent those of us with earlier reservations an email letting us now - which is fair. Those inventory cars sold out quickly.

I should add that M3 SR+ cars in China and Europe are already using LFP batteries which was good enough for me. I suspect that with the popularity of this choice, Tesla will likely order more from China if they haven't already.
tWell with all the LFP news and all the cars looking like they are rolling out it seems that the bottle neck for NCA orders have been reduced a bit. I ordered July 15th and my EDD has bounced around a bunch in the beginning. Then 3 weeks ago it was at Sept 8th to sept 28th. Been like that for nearly 3 weeks now. Checked today and the window has finally narrowed. EDD Sitting at Sept 10 to Sept 19th. Hope this means the end is near, and I get a VIN soon. Has Anyone else Seen movement or changes in there EDD on there NCA Tesla Model 3 SR+ orders?

Ordered July 15, Midnight Blue, with Black Interior, and 18 inch wheels.
You'll get used to it. I've been waiting since 5/22!!
You’ll get used to it. ai’ve been waiting since 6/02!,

Reactions: RichardMa0830

a) i panicked, and checked out with apple pay, so the delivery confirmation went to the wrong email. (i’ve already called tesla to merge the accounts but i don’t know how long this will take + i want to complete all the paperwork ASAP)

and

b) i selected one without a “factory gate” which leads me to believe it may not have left fremont yet?? wouldnt the VIN go live if it had? UNSURE.

Welcome to the panic-y life of Tesla waiting

and

Yes I think getting an already-made car would have been preferable, but I’m not sure you had much choice in the matter — I was going through the cars a few minutes ago and didn’t even come close to looking at all of them, or even any cars outside of California, but everything I saw had yet to be fully made…did they give you an edd yet?

Yes I think getting an already-made car would have been preferable, but I’m not sure you had much choice in the matter — I was going through the cars a few minutes ago and didn’t even come close to looking at all of them, or even any cars outside of California, but everything I saw had yet to be fully made…did they give you an edd yet?
not yet since i haven’t yet done my paperwork due to the merging of accounts that needs to occur 😅 it’s a real situation i’ve gotten myself into here

• Funny
Reactions: NB Hip fan