Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i told myself i would wait until i could post a pic of the car before i posted on here again, but we finally have delivery scheduled for monday the 6th (LFP). i feel like i can finally start to let myself be excited again. we have not had a car since placing our order on MAY 15 and i ordered the car so i could drive to my job. all summer i’ve been doing short term car rentals through getaround. in brief, it has sucked.

my original order from May still doesn’t have a VIN 😂💀 we felt sure we would have had it by the end of Q2 as our EDD at the time told us. how wrong we were. i’ve been here long enough to remember the hubbub about the switch from radar to teslavision and how big mad about that everyone was. seems like a distant memory now…

still, i count myself so lucky to even be able to have a car like this, and i hope each of you will feel the same!!

Just picked up mine from Carlsbad SC. They moved me up from tomorrow at 11am. Everything looks good so far. Panel gaps are even. No obvious paint issues. I've had it for about 2 hours now. Only problem so far is that the screen when blank (when I was in my garage) and I had to reboot. The other problem is the theater screen is blank. It sounds like this problem, Tesla Theater blank screen

Last edited:
well friends, i snagged a car off the discord!!!

the only thing worrying me is:

a) i panicked, and checked out with apple pay, so the delivery confirmation went to the wrong email. (i’ve already called tesla to merge the accounts but i don’t know how long this will take + i want to complete all the paperwork ASAP)

and

b) i selected one without a “factory gate” which leads me to believe it may not have left fremont yet?? wouldnt the VIN go live if it had? UNSURE.

so still a fair bit of casual panic over here 😅😅😅😅😅😅
Congrats!! What's the ETA??

Glad to pick it up today. DA told me no paper docs need to sign. All paperwork switch to electronic docs which shown on web.
Hope all of you guys can bring your sons home soon.
got home delivery of my new baby. looking around the car everywhere for the paperwork to be signed (and fedex envelope) that the email laud and clear instructed me to do within 24h. called tesla, 1st spoke to someone in TX who knew nothing, they transferred me to somewhere who knew as much and promised to reach out to my SA. obv no call so far (been like 3 hours).
so, i'll settle for esign. just one more case where the communication is so misleading.

but i'm a happy Happy HAPPY tesla driver just like i anticipated. all the hassle was worth it.
hope everyone here gets their cars soon.

thx for being w/ me during this incredible journey.

this might be of interest to some...

Screen Shot 2021-09-03 at 7.14.28 PM.png

I folded too! I ended up finding one (LFP) on their existing inventory. Same specs from my original order. VIN automatically received but EDD is not listed.

how soon did you all see your EDD after placing your LFP order?
i placed on 8/26 and still no EDD. SA and DC said to expect it next weekend. Sorry you don’t have it either but glad I’m not the only one, i thought something weird was just happening to just me