Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Data point - placed an order for SR+ in August (after the announcement that deliveries were going to be into January 2022). Got a date of November 1-21. Then last Friday switched to an LFP car listed as "local" (Columbus, Ohio). They called today to say I could come pick it up tomorrow (Saturday) - 8 days total. Pretty awesome. I am also dropping off my 2019 MR at Carmax for basically what I bought it for (now has 34,000 miles on it). Not exactly what Elon meant when he said these are appreciating assets. But I'll take it!

What's up, everyone! Been lurking here for a month and decided I would finally post.. Original order was 7/28 for the normal battery. Switched my order when the LFP dropped on 8/27. SR+, White on white, sport rims, no self driving. I got my VIN immediately for the LFP battery order. I've been very anxiously waiitng for a delivery date now! My EDD keeps slowly moving back, right now its at Sept 12-21.. I just want my ride!

Thanks for this great explanation! My car is set for home delivery tomorrow morning.
Well, the car was delivered this morning. I’ll let my son do the close inspection on build quality when he’s back from school in a few hours. It’s his car after all. But I did notice all 4 doors need to be slammed rather hard to close completely. Maybe after a while we won’t have to slam the doors so hard. Pretty sure this is an NCA version and the sticker still says 262 miles vs 263 miles. That makes sense, of course. Took me a while to figure out that the phone (or card keys) need to be placed above the console in order to shift to D or R. Happy that I got the red and white color combo, it’s a good look for a high school kid. It looks like a sports car. Personally, I’d go for blue. I installed the Tesla mats in all areas and the console shelves. But I did not install the aero cap kit because my son claims that the aero caps the car came with look great. Bah what does he know he’s just a kid but anyway it will be his call.

Reactions: Taureans77
What's up, everyone! Been lurking here for a month and decided I would finally post.. Original order was 7/28 for the normal battery. Switched my order when the LFP dropped on 8/27. SR+, White on white, sport rims, no self driving. I got my VIN immediately for the LFP battery order. I've been very anxiously waiitng for a delivery date now! My EDD keeps slowly moving back, right now its at Sept 12-21.. I just want my ride!
I experienced day by day creep of my EDD as well. I then visited my Tesla store and was told that, unlike most Tesla vehicles, deliveries of the LFP vehicles must be scheduled by a person rather than the "system." The store scheduled my delivery. I suggest you contact your sales advisor or go to the store.

Well, the car was delivered this morning. I’ll let my son do the close inspection on build quality when he’s back from school in a few hours. It’s his car after all. But I did notice all 4 doors need to be slammed rather hard to close completely. Maybe after a while we won’t have to slam the doors so hard. Pretty sure this is an NCA version and the sticker still says 262 miles vs 263 miles. That makes sense, of course. Took me a while to figure out that the phone (or card keys) need to be placed above the console in order to shift to D or R. Happy that I got the red and white color combo, it’s a good look for a high school kid. It looks like a sports car. Personally, I’d go for blue. I installed the Tesla mats in all areas and the console shelves. But I did not install the aero cap kit because my son claims that the aero caps the car came with look great. Bah what does he know he’s just a kid but anyway it will be his call.
If you unlock with a key card, you can begin driving if you engage drive or reverse within 2 minutes, without placing the key card on the console. If you wait more than 2 minutes, you need to authenticate by putting the card on the console. if you use an authenticated phone to access the car, you do not need to place the phone on the console.

If you unlock with a key card, you can begin driving if you engage drive or reverse within 2 minutes, without placing the key card on the console. If you wait more than 2 minutes, you need to authenticate by putting the card on the console. if you use an authenticated phone to access the car, you do not need to place the phone on the console.
Hey - thanks a lot!

congrats to your son on his car! the "strawberries and cream" coloring of the red + white looks awesome. (it's my fiancé's config so i'm biased.) he'll be flexing at his high school.

Reactions: M3RedWhiteAero
congrats to your son on his car! the "strawberries and cream" coloring of the red + white looks awesome. (it's my fiancé's config so i'm biased.) he'll be flexing at his high school.
Dad didn’t do well in the high school 💪🏾 department, hoping my son does better. Not to veer off too far but my kids don’t seem to really be as excited about a car for them as I would’ve been at their age. It’s just not the rite of passage into adulthood that it used to be. Teens today say Dad I’ll just take an Uber. Anyway, they have a fairly long commute to school, so this EV actually will save me a lot on gas bills. The insurance is just crazy high though. Just got off the phone with Farmer’s. Ugh. And they’re cheaper than Tesla Insurance for the same level of coverage. Damn teenagers nothing but $$$ sinks

Attachments

• 1A521BAF-8D89-487B-81AB-FE6E7219992D.jpeg
    1A521BAF-8D89-487B-81AB-FE6E7219992D.jpeg
    773.2 KB · Views: 96
I experienced day by day creep of my EDD as well. I then visited my Tesla store and was told that, unlike most Tesla vehicles, deliveries of the LFP vehicles must be scheduled by a person rather than the "system." The store scheduled my delivery. I suggest you contact your sales advisor or go to the store.
Interesting.. My SA has said a couple of times this week my car is still being built. It's not a bad idea though, I think I'll get my local store a call where I plan to pick up the vehicle.

Dad didn’t do well in the high school 💪🏾 department, hoping my son does better. Not to veer off too far but my kids don’t seem to really be as excited about a car for them as I would’ve been at their age. It’s just not the rite of passage into adulthood that it used to be. Teens today say Dad I’ll just take an Uber. Anyway, they have a fairly long commute to school, so this EV actually will save me a lot on gas bills. The insurance is just crazy high though. Just got off the phone with Farmer’s. Ugh. And they’re cheaper than Tesla Insurance for the same level of coverage. Damn teenagers nothing but $$$ sinks
I'm not really a fan of the red, but the angle that you took the picture makes it a real eye catcher. Congrats to you and your son.

Reactions: M3RedWhiteAero
is the cayman manual?
seriously? This is such a huge problem in your life that you need to tweet the CEO of the company?

you ordered a few days ago & you’re complaining you don’t have a delivery date ?

there are people here who are still waiting over 3+ months for their car.

I ordered 7/27, still no car. I am not complaining or bitching to CEO.

Get on with your life. It’s just a car.
I am going on 4 months. I mellowed out and decided when it it comes…it comes. EDD has been 9/22 to 9/30 for a month.

Last edited: