Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had two orders in place in July for for a Model 3 SR and a Model 3 LR. Well to my surprise I got vins for both within days of each other. The LR may be coming in this weekend and the SR is scheduled to come 9/23-9/29. I most likely will take delivery of the LR unless they mess with my application and change the rates or car is acceptable after inspection but I still have the order on the SR to fall back on just in case. The SR+ is MSM with white seats and aero wheels and NCA battery. Both vehicles are being shipped to Cherry Hill Tesla NJ once they come off the rail cars in Newark. So not sure if the car just goes to the next in line or can be bought off the lot but if someone wants the SR+ then ask an SA if thats something that can be worked out.

I jumped on an LFP car that posted yesterday, and immediately had a VIN and a pickup date for later this week. Only problem is that it was being unloaded from a train in Chicago, but I'm in St Louis. My SA had to re-routed to St Louis (probably by truck). It added a $500 transport fee (which is already showing up on my account page the next morning). If you're not on the Discord server with notifications set for deliveries near you, I'd recommend it if you're looking to expedite delivery or switch to the LFP battery pack.

For what it's worth, I was perfectly fine with the delivery date on my original NCA order. But we keep our cars for 10+ years, and the supposed long-life of the LFP batteries was enough for me to go through the hassle of switching.

My delivery got moved up to this afternoon :)

1631706760321.png

In case anyone is still waiting for their NCA, I thought I'd share a quick update. I ordered on 8/8 and my EDD has finally shifted slightly to 9/15-9/29. It had been stuck at 9/17-9/30 for weeks but finally got some movement. We'll see if things hold. Still no vision statement or VIN, but something finally moved.

Anyone else see similar movement in their EDD?
Mine was stuck on 9/16-9/30 for a month. Saturday it moved to 9/14-9/28. Today it moved to 9/18-9/29. I ordered 7/10. Ugh.

SF Bay Area folks, My july 27th order of NCA battery pack moved from 5th Oct -25th Oct to Sept 22 - Sept 28 overnight. My LFP order of 3rd Sept has no EDD as of yet.

Just FYI
SF Bay Area folks, My july 27th order of NCA battery pack moved from 5th Oct -25th Oct to Sept 22 - Sept 28 overnight. My LFP order of 3rd Sept has no EDD as of yet.

Just FYI
Ditto to no date for 9/3 order

Finally, delivery date set for this Sunday at 2:30pm. I just noticed my VIN changed yesterday when they provided the EDD. My pickup location also changed from Costa Mesa to Buena Park. According to my SA, he pulled some strings for me to get the car sooner.

For those who had gotten the car, do you pay the balance via ACH or bring a check at the time of delivery?

Last edited:
I ordered my M3 SR+ white/white NCA on 7/6 right after the announcement of NJ charge up program. EDD was in August but then changed to 9/10-9/30 for a few weeks and changed to 9/20-9/30 around 2 weeks ago. I thought I can see the end of the tunnel but then my EDD suddenly got pushed back to 10/7-10/27 just 2 days ago. Don't know how IDA affected in my case, since my delivery location got switched from Paramus->Springfield->Paramus in 3 days of time.

Anyway I got very frustrated with the situation, any suggestion/recommendation would be appreciated!

I ordered my M3 SR+ white/white NCA on 7/6 right after the announcement of NJ charge up program. EDD was in August but then changed to 9/10-9/30 for a few weeks and changed to 9/20-9/30 around 2 weeks ago. I thought I can see the end of the tunnel but then my EDD suddenly got pushed back to 10/7-10/27 just 2 days ago. Don't know how IDA affected in my case, since my delivery location got switched from Paramus->Springfield->Paramus in 3 days of time.

Anyway I got very frustrated with the situation, any suggestion/recommendation would be appreciated!
Do you have an SA/advisor?

Finally, delivery date set for this Sunday at 2:30pm. I just noticed my VIN changed yesterday when they provided the EDD. My pickup location also changed from Costa Mesa to Buena Park. According to my SA, he pulled some strings for me to get the car sooner.

For those who had gotten the car, do you pay the balance via ACH or bring a check at the time of delivery?
Brought a cashiers check payable to Tesla Inc.

Elected to not do ACH because of some news reports that some people got double charged and it was a massive PTA to find anyone in Tesla CS to rectify it.

Sorry to hear that.. Most of us who had 7/6 week orders should have already gotten their Tesla.

I took a check from my Bank for the rest of the financed amount (minus the Downpayment). I called the Tesla office to verify it would work about a week before delivery. The delivery center in Brentwood/Nashville was super helpful.

Reactions: HyperionM3

I actually did the ACH since I got a call to pick up my car right as the bank was about to close. I had no issues with it. My $100 credit from my NCA order was already applied to my account. The funds cleared my account yesterday, 2 business days after I picked up the car.

Reactions: HyperionM3