Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone,
I took delivery yesterday at the Kitchener Tesla Centre. (OD: Sept 26/White on White/RWD) Drove my Jeep Wrangler trade in 3 hours through blowing snow to get there. Multiple semi's in the ditches along the way. To be honest, I was terrified about taking my rear wheel drive back home through that mess.
Once I arrived, the trade in was easy and most of my time at the Centre was spent with an employee who walked me through the features of the car. No rush and EXCELLENT support from the staff at Tesla.
Driving home through the snow was NO PROBLEM. The traction on this vehicle is incredible. I felt so much safer than in the Jeep. I stopped once to supercharge and had to drive through a group of protesters to get to the supercharger! Once through, the supercharging process was very easy.
My car is beautiful and I love it more than I thought I would. No flaws, drives like a dream and a tonne of fun. SO worth the wait.

Good luck everyone - stay patient. It is worth it!
Woah, I'm from the same area as you! i also have a RWD pickup on March 1 from a Sept 17th order.
Your description makes me very happy, I'm also brining a trade in as well. Do you ahve inspect the car outdoors or indoors?
Enjoy your car, cya on ECROW

Hi everyone,
I took delivery yesterday at the Kitchener Tesla Centre. (OD: Sept 26/White on White/RWD) Drove my Jeep Wrangler trade in 3 hours through blowing snow to get there. Multiple semi's in the ditches along the way. To be honest, I was terrified about taking my rear wheel drive back home through that mess.
Once I arrived, the trade in was easy and most of my time at the Centre was spent with an employee who walked me through the features of the car. No rush and EXCELLENT support from the staff at Tesla.
Driving home through the snow was NO PROBLEM. The traction on this vehicle is incredible. I felt so much safer than in the Jeep. I stopped once to supercharge and had to drive through a group of protesters to get to the supercharger! Once through, the supercharging process was very easy.
My car is beautiful and I love it more than I thought I would. No flaws, drives like a dream and a tonne of fun. SO worth the wait.

Woah, I'm from the same area as you! i also have a RWD pickup on March 1 from a Sept 17th order.
Your description makes me very happy, I'm also brining a trade in as well. Did you inspect the car outdoors or indoors?

Enjoy your car, cya on ECROW

Hi everyone,

Also, did you get Ryzen? whats your 3 vin numbers. Mines 174XXX, just curious, not like id refuse the vehicle lmao.
The SA said he has no way of determining hardware

Also, did you get Ryzen? whats your 3 vin numbers. Mines 174XXX, just curious, not like id refuse the vehicle lmao.
The SA said he has no way of determining hardware
Hello fellow Windsor Area resident! My VIN is 169xxx. Ryzen and Li-ion battery upgrades are there. Your likely will be as well. I'm still not sure about heated wiper bay. No double pane rear window glass. I was able to inspect the vehicle indoors which is great considering it was practically a blizzard outside! The SA told me that this was unusual however. SA took a quick look at my trade in outside while I inspected the car. There was no rush at all. SA was great!

Best of luck!

Just got the final purchase agreement updated with the loan offer. However under down payment it is showing $0. Anyone else had same issue where down payment which you entered during loan application not showing in purchase agreement? My pick up is Wednesday 23rd at 10 am so i am hoping i can just bring my bank draft and they can modify the agreement at that time. Any advice guys?;

So my car is in transit from Fremont. Anyone knows how long it usually takes to Montreal? Leaving abroad next week, so I’m cutting it close I think 😬 Worse case, what is the longest they will hold the car while I’m away?
not sure how long it will take to get there, but once it does, you have 3 days to schedule your pickup. if you can’t, it gets matched to the next person and you get placed back in the queue.

My EDD earlier this week went up and was between 2/25/22-3/7/22. I was becoming more hopeful!

Alas, this morning, it went back to 3/6/22-3/31/22. Might we see an end of the quarter delivery push?

Another change, for the worse: EDD moved from 3/6-3/31 by more than a month to 4/14-5/12. Anyone else in the same boat?

OD: 10/18/21
Specs: M3 RWD, White, Black, 19-inch, no FSD

I think it is pretty clear that Tesla wants no part of selling RWD Model 3s. The profit on the P and LR is likely much higher. They probably allocate X-many RWD builds per quarter based on a number that maximizes profit and supply management. (LFP battery comes from China). This quarter, Canada and maybe Hertz took the majority of the allocation. The reports of US RWD deliveries since December has been single digit between here and Reddit. Maybe second quarter will be our turn.

Reactions: voxel and Rezan8
I think it is pretty clear that Tesla wants no part of selling RWD Model 3s. The profit on the P and LR is likely much higher. They probably allocate X-many RWD builds per quarter based on a number that maximizes profit and supply management. (LFP battery comes from China). This quarter, Canada and maybe Hertz took the majority of the allocation. The reports of US RWD deliveries since December has been single digit between here and Reddit. Maybe second quarter will be our turn.
Absolutely agree. They have enough model 3 and model Y LR and Performance orders to fulfill. For RWD orders put before the price hikes, they make another 5k less than the ones recent ordered.

I'm in FL. OD: 8/26/21, Held out on taking earlier than expected delivery in mid Dec, then got pushed back to Apr-May. Just got pushed back another month.

I noticed FSD was still $10k for me, so I pulled the trigger. I'm a huge fan of the tech but I justified the cost by looking at it as a investment that could pay off down the road. In the meantime I get to enjoy and experience the progress first hand.
Got bumped another month to June-July a few days ago
After being bumped to June last week, I just checked and EDD is now March 11-31! 🔥

White/Blk/Aero/FSD

Also keep in mind there were practically no SR+/RWD sent to Canada last quarter after the switch to LFP… they had a lot of catching up to do. Was told today mine is on a truck and expected in Saint-Bruno Friday 😊 OD Sept 28.

Reactions: amit_gunner