Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thank you. OD Sept 31st-21 with changes every other day for EDD.
I just wish they could keep the original date that was mid-April 2022 instead of f...ing around. Great costumer service LOL
Okay you ordered at the end of September, there is a website that is trying to give you up-to-date information.
I also see that you are a new user and your wait is not actually that bad.

Is Tesla's customer service good, no. Complaining that they are updating information too much is an interesting flex.

I started this order in August and got a good lock in price. I did not finish till the end of November. I had a EDD as early as a 2/4 and now am at 4/3.

Unfortunately for this model this is the price we pay for not spending more money.

When is the VIN awarded to your car?
I hear some get it within days of ordering it, what is the reality?
From my experience with the MY purchase last year, I received my VIN March 15, 2021. I got contacted via email and my SA to pick a date between March 18-21 for my delivery date. I chose the 21th. As I was inspecting the car, I realized that the car was made on March 14. So it's safe to say that your VIN will rewarded as your car is being made/completed in the factory. I live in Los Angeles which is only a 6 hour drive from the factory so you can be looking at about 2 weeks at other locations. Hope that gives you an idea with the process.

• Informative
Reactions: Rezan8 and JP Bark
Exploring my options; bmw, Mach-e, etc.
The best advice I can give now is to try and get a good amount of test driving in, maybe even a Turo for a few days.
After having a Y no one wanted to drive the Pilot we had and the lead time for the 3 was not promising. Picked up the new Leaf and at first though it would be a great commuter car. But the odd quarks it does makes it undesirable to drive and would have been better to know before we bought it. The little we did test drive it we did not notice any problems.

Suffice to say this 3 is replacing the Leaf.

Weird, EDD pushed up to this coming week:
ODD: 10/1/21
RWD/White/Black/18/NorCal
EDD Update Today: 03/05/22 - 03/19/2022

Old EDD: 04/15/22-5/13/22

No VIN assigned, none in source code either. At this point I bet they'll push it on March 5th.
whoa, well it's a good sign you narrowed from a month window to a 2-week window. keep your eyes peeled for your VIN and keep us posted!

Reactions: lexus_ev_when
whoa, well it's a good sign you narrowed from a month window to a 2-week window. keep your eyes peeled for your VIN and keep us posted!
I am in second two week window or maybe third . I have lost track of it. I am just watching for VIN. Order date Sept 30 2021. EDD mar 4 to mar 17th. I don’t mind the roller coaster changes in EDD since there have been “upgrades” to the car I ordered 5 months ago.