Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No FSD. I am planning to get it though, after delivery.
Here is my price detail after changing color.
View attachment 779507
As my delivery date was approaching and FSD price is going up but we can still lock in at $10k, I decided to go for it — both for the lower price and ability to finance it, but I wanted to keep my price under $50k in order to qualify for the MA EV rebate of $2500. Therefore, if I wanted to add FSD, I had to downgrade my wheels to the 18” Aeros from 19” sport. I called the service center where my car will be delivered and asked about doing this and whether or not it would affect pricing as I need to make sure I stay under $50k. They told me (incorrectly) that if I made changes it would move to current pricing. I asked them to double check and they (incorrectly) confirmed that this was the case. They unlocked my ability to edit though and when I did, I was able to make changes and see what the pricing would be and the good news is that I did retain my oct 2021 order date pricing so I now have a white rwd with aero wheels and FSD locked in at $49,990. No charges for making the change. And thus far my EDD is still mar 31-Apr 14.

I went back and forth on FSD quite a bit. I decided to go for it since price is going up and I have an 11 year old daughter and 76 year old mother, both of whom will likely share this car eventually (not till
My daughter is 16). The idea of how much FSD will likely evolve in the next 5 years means it will likely be a much safer option for both of them. We live in a rural area and friends I’ve spoken to who have teslas with FSD said they use it all the time and love it. If I were in an urban area or didn’t plan on keeping this car for someone in my family until it runs itself into the ground then I likely would have forgone it. But given the circumstances it seemed like the right choice for me.

You found a glitch in the matrix because in the past - any change to an order would update prices to current/latest.
I had the same experience. See my post:

edit: not sure why the post preview is wrong. Link works though.

Reactions: voxel
As my delivery date was approaching and FSD price is going up but we can still lock in at $10k, I decided to go for it — both for the lower price and ability to finance it, but I wanted to keep my price under $50k in order to qualify for the MA EV rebate of $2500. Therefore, if I wanted to add FSD, I had to downgrade my wheels to the 18” Aeros from 19” sport. I called the service center where my car will be delivered and asked about doing this and whether or not it would affect pricing as I need to make sure I stay under $50k. They told me (incorrectly) that if I made changes it would move to current pricing. I asked them to double check and they (incorrectly) confirmed that this was the case. They unlocked my ability to edit though and when I did, I was able to make changes and see what the pricing would be and the good news is that I did retain my oct 2021 order date pricing so I now have a white rwd with aero wheels and FSD locked in at $49,990. No charges for making the change. And thus far my EDD is still mar 31-Apr 14.

I went back and forth on FSD quite a bit. I decided to go for it since price is going up and I have an 11 year old daughter and 76 year old mother, both of whom will likely share this car eventually (not till
My daughter is 16). The idea of how much FSD will likely evolve in the next 5 years means it will likely be a much safer option for both of them. We live in a rural area and friends I’ve spoken to who have teslas with FSD said they use it all the time and love it. If I were in an urban area or didn’t plan on keeping this car for someone in my family until it runs itself into the ground then I likely would have forgone it. But given the circumstances it seemed like the right choice for me.
I just went to my Tesla showroom and asked about changing color and how some of you kept the original price, but my experience and understanding is that if you make a change your price changes to the current price. I showed her a screenshot from here and she said when you get the final contract it will reflect the current price. I don't know what to believe anymore. Decided to keep my reservation as is. So hard to get correct info from Tesla .

I just went to my Tesla showroom and asked about changing color and how some of you kept the original price, but my experience and understanding is that if you make a change your price changes to the current price. I showed her a screenshot from here and she said when you get the final contract it will reflect the current price. I don't know what to believe anymore. Decided to keep my reservation as is. So hard to get correct info from Tesla .

In the past - edit design would show you the updated prices before you press save/submit.

My August MYLR order I wanted to change to a 7 seater but at the time (Oct 2021) Tesla had bumped the price up and when I edited the order on the webpage it jacked the price up by $2K plus the $3K for the 7 seats.

Reactions: Soosh and evkat
I don’t see how they could change the price at the end on you. Here is the updated agreement I got today.

Attachments

• 2AEAF6DA-6ED8-4654-A661-9F51D774B69C.jpeg
    2AEAF6DA-6ED8-4654-A661-9F51D774B69C.jpeg
    208.6 KB · Views: 93
Reactions: Soosh
In the past - edit design would show you the updated prices before you press save/submit.

My August MYLR order I wanted to change to a 7 seater but at the time (Oct 2021) Tesla had bumped the price up and when I edited the order on the webpage it jacked the price up by $2K plus the $3K for the 7 seats.

I didn't ultimately change anything as I didn't want to delay things further. The previewed changes were based on my order date, i.e. only white was free and the base price was $39.9k. I could have also switched to LR for $49k

Reactions: evkat

Yeah. It seems they’ve changed the policy or there is a glitch and we’re benefiting from it. I think if we have copies of our order agreements that they have to honor them. I got this updated order agreement emailed to me right after I made the changes. And btw I looked at changing to The MSM grey and it would have cost the extra $1k (which under current pricing would be free).

Reactions: Soosh
I didn't ultimately change anything as I didn't want to delay things further. The previewed changes were based on my order date, i.e. only white was free and the base price was $39.9k. I could have also switched to LR for $49k
Yeah. I am a bit concerned that I’m going to wake up tomorrow to a significantly pushed EDD. If so I’ll let you all know! I decided it was worth the risk but am really hoping it doesn’t push it back.

Reactions: alset3000
I too received the acceleration agreement this morning. EDD change to 18-24th, as well, surrey pickup. No Vin yet. Will check the source code later of the date. Cross my fingers.
I received the MVPA this morning and the VIN was there with 30 kms on the odometer. I have been asked to wire transfer the payment by the app before delivery. The app also told me to turn on Bluetooth.

I received the MVPA this morning and the VIN was there with 30 kms on the odometer. I have been asked to wire transfer the payment by the app before delivery. The app also told me to turn on Bluetooth.
I received text and email this morning to arrange for delivery date but MVPA is still not available on the website. I was told by the SA to use bankdraft when I test drive the car last year.