Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine is a Y, but in the same boat. Ordered on 9/5 with an estimate of January. Most recent EDD is July-August.

Mine is a Y, but in the same boat. Ordered on 9/5 with an estimate Really hard to figure ou

Mine is a Y, but in the same boat. Ordered on 9/5 with an estimate of January. Most recent EDD is July-August. Really hard to figure out.
It's brutal. I can't imagine waiting damn near a full year for the car, but it's certainly within the realm of possibilities. I'm paying more for my 2017 RS Edition Cruze (gas + car payment) than I would with The Model 3 car payment. SMH.

Just guessing by what I've been seeing on the spreadsheet and in the threads, but the standard 3 (and those without FSD) will be the longest wait, while the LR and P (and those with FSD) take priority.
I have seen and read this as well. I guess I need to figure out when their next quarter is. Perhaps, it will ship then (wishful thinking). I already did the financing which expired because the car didn't come in the EDD month. We just brought a new house, so I'm anxious to do it again. My credit score actually has gone up, but it's still nerve wrecking to apply twice.

Reactions: T-J-
I have seen and read this as well. I guess I need to figure out when their next quarter is. Perhaps, it will ship then (wishful thinking). I already did the financing which expired because the car didn't come in the EDD month. We just brought a new house, so I'm anxious to do it again. My credit score actually has gone up, but it's still nerve wrecking to apply twice.
Tesla operates on a normal calendar quarter, so the second quarter will start next week. Maybe because you're on the east coast, they're waiting for the new factory in Texas to start producing?

Something strange is going on. Buddy ordered in Sept 21 and the window 2 wks ago changed to Mar 27-29. Today it changed to July-Sept. That is some total baloney changing delivery less than a week out to more than 4 months out. When he called to check is anything was wrong with his profile he was told everything looks fine and that he could get delivery almost immediately if he changed to performance or LR. It sounds to me like a bait and switch tactic. Get peoples hopes up then pull the rug out and offer something now at a much higher price. He told them no. Chicago area gray color. I told him not to cancel as I would buy it if he wants to get something else. I already have a 22 LR that I ordered at the same time as his and received 2 months ago. What the heck, probably could use another at the locked in old price. He said he would die inside if he saw me driving it into the office everyday. Tesla definitely not making friends with these shenanigans.

Are you black/black/ 18” by chance? That’s my build and I have a feeling the black exterior is the hold up. I’m hoping the beginning of Q2 sees some positive shifting, especially for us East Coasters. I’ve been on this forum for a few months and have witnessed one person take delivery in the Northeast US.
Mine is white/black/18. I figure we are both in high density demand areas.

Are you black/black/ 18” by chance? That’s my build and I have a feeling the black exterior is the hold up. I’m hoping the beginning of Q2 sees some positive shifting, especially for us East Coasters. I’ve been on this forum for a few months and have witnessed one person take delivery in the Northeast US.

Mine is white/black/18. I figure we are both in high density demand areas.

Los Angeles, CA (Pick-up Buena Park)

OD: 9/28/21

Black w/ Black Int | Aero Wheels | No FSD

EDD: March 2022 (as of 9/28/21 - 1/5/22)
EDD: June 2022 (as of 1/5/22 - 1/20/22)
EDD: March 7 - March 31 (as of 1/21/22 - 1/30/22)
EDD: April 21 - May 19 (as of 1/31/22 - 3/14/22)
EDD: March 18 - March 31 (as of 3/15/22 - 3/18/22)
EDD: April 28 - June 02 (as of 3/19/22)

Los Angeles, CA (Pick-up Buena Park)

OD: 9/28/21

Black w/ Black Int | Aero Wheels | No FSD

EDD: March 2022 (as of 9/28/21 - 1/5/22)
EDD: June 2022 (as of 1/5/22 - 1/20/22)
EDD: March 7 - March 31 (as of 1/21/22 - 1/30/22)
EDD: April 21 - May 19 (as of 1/31/22 - 3/14/22)
EDD: March 18 - March 31 (as of 3/15/22 - 3/18/22)
EDD: April 28 - June 02 (as of 3/19/22)
SoCal OD 9/18 BLK/BLK OD April 15-May 20 ( was 3/18-3/31 last )

Reactions: RPYT
Happy to report it looks like we are getting delivery Saturday. Got the VIN this week. Fingers crossed!

OD: Aug 2021 Current EDD: March 26
M3 RWD Black/Black Aero, I am in Langley BC
Congratulations! Hope it’s an early appointment and it’s not raining. They are doing 50 deliveries in one day. Excellent service. They even help put mats into the car! Enjoy!

I am black/black/18” and have a Sept order date. Order has gotten pushed a few times - now saying April-May. I had a 2 week window which went away. It does seem like a good deal of people are waiting on black/black.

I am black/black/18” and have a Sept order date. Order has gotten pushed a few times - now saying April-May. I had a 2 week window which went away. It does seem like a good deal of people are waiting on black/black.
Yeah, from my observation it seems every post with base build w/ black exterior has a April-May EDD. All of us. I also had a March 30-31st window about a week and a half ago. While I knew it wouldn't probably mean delivery, it made me wonder whether or not the queue system thought there was a chance by the end of March. I'm optimistic for April. Fingers crossed.

Reactions: Rezan8 and RPYT
Something strange is going on. Buddy ordered in Sept 21 and the window 2 wks ago changed to Mar 27-29. Today it changed to July-Sept. That is some total baloney changing delivery less than a week out to more than 4 months out. When he called to check is anything was wrong with his profile he was told everything looks fine and that he could get delivery almost immediately if he changed to performance or LR. It sounds to me like a bait and switch tactic. Get peoples hopes up then pull the rug out and offer something now at a much higher price. He told them no. Chicago area gray color. I told him not to cancel as I would buy it if he wants to get something else. I already have a 22 LR that I ordered at the same time as his and received 2 months ago. What the heck, probably could use another at the locked in old price. He said he would die inside if he saw me driving it into the office everyday. Tesla definitely not making friends with these shenanigans.

That
Tesla operates on a normal calendar quarter, so the second quarter will start next week. Maybe because you're on the east coast, they're waiting for the new factory in Texas to start producing?
Great point on the Texas factory. I hope it's not the case and I'm not sure that it is. My friend ordered a LR FSD a month after mine (I understand that his config gets priority) and received it in November.

I totally agree, it's messed up! I'm going to call today and see what they say if I wanted to upgrade. The thing is you just never know. This wait sucks, but what can you do? VW, Audi, Ford, Chevy aren't coming close anytime soon.

I ordered the RWD (metallic) on 9/16/21. No other configuration and my EDD was February. The app now says July-August. I'm calling today to see what the process is to upgrade to the LR and if it would be the same price as it was before the price increase. Hopefully, this moves up the TL but I'm not optimistic. My friend ordered his a month after mine and received it in November. I will say that he ordered the LR with FSD.

Reactions: alset3000
I ordered the RWD (metallic) on 9/16/21. No other configuration and my EDD was February. The app now says July-August. I'm calling today to see what the process is to upgrade to the LR and if it would be the same price as it was before the price increase. Hopefully, this moves up the TL but I'm not optimistic. My friend ordered his a month after mine and received it in November. I will say that he ordered the LR with FSD.
Unfortunately, you're going to get the classic Tesla SA response of "The estimated delivery window that is currently provided is the most recent update at this point" "There is nothing we can do"

I would wait until next week when Q2 begins before doing anything.

Last edited:
My SA unlocked my account and it appeared I could then change to LR at the September price. I didn’t do it though. I have the same OD, config, and EDD as you. At this point I’m just waiting them out. The car will be $10k more than my price by the time I take delivery.

Picked up yesterday! Between our trade in and completing everything it was around 10 minutes so fast that I was thrown off when they were like congratulations sir welcome to the Tesla Family! I did inspect and set up a service appointment for two minor things. Headlight slightly a little further out on one side. No movement but I notice it. Also one little chip of paint.

Overall lighting fast and so happy! I just want to say thank you all for being so supportive and helpful with all the information really made a difference. Praying everyone gets theirs as soon as possible!

Picked up yesterday! Between our trade in and completing everything it was around 10 minutes so fast that I was thrown off when they were like congratulations sir welcome to the Tesla Family! I did inspect and set up a service appointment for two minor things. Headlight slightly a little further out on one side. No movement but I notice it. Also one little chip of paint.

Overall lighting fast and so happy! I just want to say thank you all for being so supportive and helpful with all the information really made a difference. Praying everyone gets theirs as soon as possible!
Congrats!

My SA unlocked my account and it appeared I could then change to LR at the September price. I didn’t do it though. I have the same OD, config, and EDD as you. At this point I’m just waiting them out. The car will be $10k more than my price by the time I take delivery.
Update: I called my SA and he said that I would have to pay the new price, and that there really wouldn't be a difference in delivery time. So much is in the air with the opening of the Texas Gig Factory (main producer for US East vehicles) in early April. Projections are more than likely late April or May for us in the East........... Keep close tabs on the Texas Factory,