Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered my M3 3/7. Red, Black Interior, Aero wheels, no FSD.

The EDD is July 29-August 26 per the app. It's weird that people that have had theirs on order much longer have the same EDD. I fully expect my date to get pushed back but it is strange none the less. Maybe a supply chain delay causing a bottle neck about to be resolved.

Great news!
Thanks for sharing...I have the same config OD 7/22/21.
wowza, your order date is July 2021... were you on a hold at all between then and now? That seems excruciatingly long... :(
Took delivery this morning. My 3rd delivery in the last 8 months and flawless the last two times. Hope you all get your VINs and delivery appointments soon!

View attachment 786983
Quick follow up?
You mentioned this is your 3rd delivery in the past 8 months... was the order -> delivery time about the same for all 3? Or the Model3 significantly different?

Yeah.. it was a strange order. I needed to trade my glitchy ID.4 for anything and found a Model 3 SR+ on the inventory (mid Oct) but then found a demo Y a week later and put the Model 3 SR+ on hold (SA gave me 6+ months surprisingly).

Tesla updated their hold policy sometime in late 2021 due to BBB holds and it's now 120 days max for MYP, M3LR, M3P and 150 days max for M3SR and MYLR. I was forced to unhold. I suspect because the order had a VIN already (inventory car) I might have been bumped up.

I don't think Tesla allows free inventory orders to be put on hold now - they outright cancel if you don't take delivery. That's my assumption because SAs are always surprised to hear the M3SR+ was an inventory order.
Whoa, I'm glad I read this now B4 placing a slot for the ID.4... I was intrigued to maybe try that, but the 4-6month (min) order to delivery was not that attractive, especially for a brand new model. Did you have constant problems with that or think it was just your vehicle?

Woooo!
It sounds like once you get inside a 14 day or less window, it's really going to HAPPEN soon (maybe even sooner than the EDD says). Yayyyy! 👏
I was down to a 12 day window (3/19-3/31) at one point. Spoke with a Tesla rep this past weekend guaranteeing I'll get it by the end of the quarter. It's now the 29th and the new EDD is 4/11-5/9, back to 28 days.

Reactions: Soosh
Whoa, I'm glad I read this now B4 placing a slot for the ID.4... I was intrigued to maybe try that, but the 4-6month (min) order to delivery was not that attractive, especially for a brand new model. Did you have constant problems with that or think it was just your vehicle?
I was thinking about ID.4 but as it is their brand new model, and not have 100% confidence on VW on the new model. plus the dealership would jack the price as "market adjusted" price as well.

Blk Ext., Wht Int. Aero

OD 3 Sept 2021. Updated ED is 9 Jul 2022 - 20 Aug 2022.... back half of this ED is almost a year since ordering!!!??? Based off the ED on the Tesla website (Canada), one could theoretically order a M3 RWD today and get theirs sooner than me. I'm beginning to think they're giving preferential treatment to the most recent orders as they would be higher margin with the price increases. Anyone else experiencing nearly a year of waiting?

Blk Ext., Wht Int. Aero

OD 3 Sept 2021. Updated ED is 9 Jul 2022 - 20 Aug 2022.... back half of this ED is almost a year since ordering!!!??? Based off the ED on the Tesla website (Canada), one could theoretically order a M3 RWD today and get theirs sooner than me. I'm beginning to think they're giving preferential treatment to the most recent orders as they would be higher margin with the price increases. Anyone else experiencing nearly a year of waiting?
Dude this TERRIFIES me. I’m OD 8/16 Blk Ext., Wht Int., Aero. 5/4-6/8. Praying for Q2 movement into April.

Blk Ext., Wht Int. Aero

I’m right there with you. OD 9/16. EDD 7/5-8/16. There are others w older order dates. I’m in the DC area. I think location has a lot to do with it. There is plenty of demand here so why put the low profit margin car on the train/truck?

wowza, your order date is July 2021... were you on a hold at all between then and now? That seems excruciatingly long... :(

Quick follow up?
You mentioned this is your 3rd delivery in the past 8 months... was the order -> delivery time about the same for all 3? Or the Model3 significantly different?

The demo Y was under 10 days - found on inventory, was in nearby Naples.
The ordered Y and 3 were both around 160 days.

Reactions: Drew_in_Tx

Who knows. There are many people with the same electrical problem and many others without:

There is an NTHSA recall on the HV battery that might have been the source of my problems. My VIN isn't listed but the build date is within the range:

I'd personally wait until they get the 3.0 software out and have builds from Tennessee. They might have fixed a bunch of things.

In general, the ID.4 drives GREAT. It's super comfortable with a soft suspension. It's like a peppier RAV4 Prime in EV mode. The turning radius is something to behold too. The entire infotainment system is plain unusable to me. Use CarPlay and avoid the entire native system.

Blk Ext., Wht Int. Aero

Yeah I ordered in August 2021 and my ED is July 20 - Aug 17… I think you are 100% accurate with that statement ! I’m just afraid they are going to pull a Rivian and say they cannot produce the cars for our order prices and blame supply issues.
ORDERED STOCK EVERYTHING
White ext, black int, RWD no FSD

I ordered my M3 3/7. Red, Black Interior, Aero wheels, no FSD.

The EDD is July 29-August 26 per the app. It's weird that people that have had theirs on order much longer have the same EDD. I fully expect my date to get pushed back but it is strange none the less. Maybe a supply chain delay causing a bottle neck about to be resolved.
I ordered 3/18 - white, black interior, sport wheels, no FSD. My EDD is 7/18-9/12. This forum is making me nervous! Hopefully production will move along with no issues.

Blk Ext., Wht Int. Aero

Sad to hear that my friend. OD 9/11/21. EDD was February but now it says July-August. I'm an hour west out of Philadelphia. I'm BIG sad. Certainly, seems odd about the new delivery times. I almost want to upgrade to the LR, but I'm not sure if it's actually going to speed up the process.

Hello, I do have a M3 RWD on order and I haven't seen a single thread of anyone else who is waiting for a M3 RWD. Anyways, I ordered my car in October and my EDD keeps on getting delayed. Anyone else with the same issue? I had original of March-April but now it is at July-August, which is the same EDD if you were to order a new M3 RWD car. Am frustrated but wondering if anyone else is going through the same issue. I have yet to see many deliveries to the RWD model and it just seems like Tesla is just ignoring this version as a whole. Has anyone gotten their RWD order yet?? Please tell me, am curiou

OD - 9/11/21
RWD - Metallic, Black Interior, 18 Aeros, No FSD
EDD - February
Pick Up Location - Devon, PA

I'm crushed to say the least. New EDD 7/27-8/24. I hope it isn't so. The only thing that makes me not believe the app is because it once said that it would be ready in November of 2021 (that obviously did not happen). My buddy ordered a LR, Metallic, 19-inch rims and FSD a month after me and he received his in late November. There certainly seems to be something going on.