Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Some positive news:
Received message prepare for delivery 3/31/22
Opted for trade in to Tesla was equivalent to CarMax, Shift, and Vroom.
EDD: 4/30 - 6/4 (RWD - MSM/ Black/ 18"/ No FSD)
That'd be great news, first potential RWD delivery I've heard of in a while. So they told you to prepare for delivery Mar 31 and then nothing since then? What's your OD? I see you mention 2 OD dates in your old posts: Nov 2 and Sep 18.

That'd be great news, first potential RWD delivery I've heard of in a while. So they told you to prepare for delivery Mar 31 and then nothing since then? What's your OD? I see you mention 2 OD dates in your old posts: Nov 2 and Sep 18.
OD: was 11/18 - I originally thought it was on 11/2 (but the SA told me I was off a couple weeks.
(Sept 18 was a mistake)
After the SA reached out via text - I logged in and noticed prepare for delivery.
Next step was to estimate trade in value (or decline trade in) & take copy of current title.
Estimate came back in 24 hours - impressive for the weekend.
Now I’m just waiting for VIN & final steps.
Fingers crossed so far so good…

Ordered October 2021

Attachments

• A38AD80C-A4D5-4A81-ABF8-A286E63C418B.jpeg
    A38AD80C-A4D5-4A81-ABF8-A286E63C418B.jpeg
    278 KB · Views: 98
That's my config too, also on the East Coast. From the order tracking google sheet, there has not be a single car with that config delivered in 2022 so far. Kind of backs up the theory that Tesla makes vehicles in batches. I'm a September 2021 order date, and am showing April 30 to May 14th currently, if you believe any of the estimates. Mine has bounced all over.
(Unless there have been big updates the last several days) there have not been many SR+ versions delivered in 2022 at all, and zero the past 14 or 21+ days…? Sooo, where are all these cars?

Related thought… does anyone know how long a M3 takes to go from 0 to complete and ready for transport? Curious if that’s like a week or way less or way more…?

(Unless there have been big updates the last several days) there have not been many SR+ versions delivered in 2022 at all, and zero the past 14 or 21+ days…? Sooo, where are all these cars?

Related thought… does anyone know how long a M3 takes to go from 0 to complete and ready for transport? Curious if that’s like a week or way less or way more…?

There simply haven’t been many deliveries in the past week or so. Discord inventory hasn’t seen an available Tesla since March 31st (well… 30th for SR+, 31st for Model YLR, April 1st was the last MYP)

Technically I picked up my 3 RWD on March 28th which was exactly two weeks ago. It’s a blast to drive I have to say.

I've been trying to find out the time line for producing a Model 3 but haven't been able to. I'll ask my SA when he replies see if he can find out.

When we talked to an SA at our pickup location in Cleveland, Ohio a few weeks ago, he said they didn’t expect any M3RW for a few months. So he must have known there was going to be some pause in MFG, our EDD is July/Aug now (OD SEPT).

Is Tesla delivering any RWD model 3 that were ordered after price increase. Is there anyway to find out ? Just want to find out if only orders pre price increase being pushed out.
OD-9/30
Delivery date - 12/24 to 2/22 to 3/22 to 4/22 to 5/22 to 6/22 to now 7/22-8/22

Is Tesla delivering any RWD model 3 that were ordered after price increase. Is there anyway to find out ? Just want to find out if only orders pre price increase being pushed out.
OD-9/30
Delivery date - 12/24 to 2/22 to 3/22 to 4/22 to 5/22 to 6/22 to now 7/22-8/22
If you check the delivery tracking spreadsheet there are some Sept orders that were delivered but quite a few haven't been yet.

If you haven't put in your data into the sheet yet please do so it'll help people see how the orders are progressing

Last edited by a moderator:
Quick question related to financing -- what are some of your thought processes on number of years for loan? I am going through DCU and will be utilizing the discounts, etc. I am going back and forth between 65 or 72 months. I want to put $5k down but would be willing to do a bit more. What are you guys thinking about going with and why? Any input would be appreciated!