Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Okay, thank you. Also, how do I set up the bit with order detail like the bottom of your post?
Go to your profile then hit the settings Icon, then signature.

1650049262149.png

If it's based on people voluntarily filling in that tracker, how reliable are the stats to make a conclusion on?
Oh it’s even less reliable than the google sheet.. I’m just following 26 folks (incl myself) who post on here with updates. I started with the thought of trying to make connections between delivery locations, order date, ext color, wheel type just to pass the time...

There has been seemingly a bunch of updates on the M3 delivery Reddit page the past 3 days, so maybe that means something (but probably not…?)

I just text my SA. I asked if I change back to LR/DM if I will get my car sooner (understanding delay in changing order factored in) The reply was...

" Hi It's likely that updating or changing your configuration again, your lead time may get pushed out further. We typically see AWD variants sooner then RWD, but the factory is estimating your build to happen within the first two weeks of May."

Not holding my breath, but hope the new delivery window holds. 4/26 - 5/24.
Nice nice… let’s see this happen! Makes you wonder/think your SA can see the factory gate data for your vehicle…?

Okay but how does one text their SA? They basically ignore my emails and the guy who helped us in Walnut Creek quit. -__-
People seem to have the most success going to a Tesla center and talking to an actual person… then you get assigned a person who sees you through delivery.

Here in Dallas the 2 folks who I have contact with, I met when I went in for a test drive several months ago.

Quick update: Mine updated this morning to Feb 20 - March 20.

More updates:

Configuration: Model 3 SR+, MSM, Black Interior, No FSD
Sacramento, CA

Ordered: 9/30/2021
EDD Initially: March 2022
EDD as of 10/1: Dec 6 - Dec 31
EDD as of 10/20: Dec 23 - Dec 31
EDD as of 10/28: March 19 - April 16
EDD as of 11/12: January 21 - February 18
EDD as of 11/21: Dec 16 - Dec 31
EDD as of 12/3: March 10 - April 7
EDD as of 12/8: Feb 20 - March 20
EDD as of 1/20: TBD
EDD as of 1/20: Feb 20 - March 20
Trade in text: Feb 12
EDD as of 2/15: March 12 - 31
EDD as of 2/26: April 17 - May 15
EDD as of 2/15: March 11 - 31
EDD as of 3/10: April 17 - May 15
EDD as of 4/16: May 11 - June 15

More updates:

Configuration: Model 3 SR+, MSM, Black Interior, No FSD
Sacramento, CA

Ordered: 9/30/2021
EDD Initially: March 2022
EDD as of 10/1: Dec 6 - Dec 31
EDD as of 10/20: Dec 23 - Dec 31
EDD as of 10/28: March 19 - April 16
EDD as of 11/12: January 21 - February 18
EDD as of 11/21: Dec 16 - Dec 31
EDD as of 12/3: March 10 - April 7
EDD as of 12/8: Feb 20 - March 20
EDD as of 1/20: TBD
EDD as of 1/20: Feb 20 - March 20
Trade in text: Feb 12
EDD as of 2/15: March 12 - 31
EDD as of 2/26: April 17 - May 15
EDD as of 2/15: March 11 - 31
EDD as of 3/10: April 17 - May 15
EDD as of 4/16: May 11 - June 15
As someone also in Sacramento with a more recent order date, your experience scares me greatly.

You've got to be kidding me?! So I can't charge my car at home without buying something extra now:
"NEWS: Tesla has now officially removed the mobile connector as a standard accessory with every new car purchase. You can purchase it separately for $400"

and then Elon replied:
"Usage statistics were super low, so seemed wasteful. On the (minor) plus side, we will be including more plug adapters with the mobile connector kit."

This better not apply to older order like ours.... but past feature removals aren't looking good for us. Sigh

You've got to be kidding me?! So I can't charge my car at home without buying something extra now:
"NEWS: Tesla has now officially removed the mobile connector as a standard accessory with every new car purchase. You can purchase it separately for $400"

and then Elon replied:
"Usage statistics were super low, so seemed wasteful. On the (minor) plus side, we will be including more plug adapters with the mobile connector kit."

This better not apply to older order like ours.... but past feature removals aren't looking good for us. Sigh
Hmmm....praying this is only for new orders....or they give us a discount/voucher?

Reactions: Scooter_in_Sac
Hmmm....praying this is only for new orders....or they give us a discount/voucher?
The other problem I see is if you don't have a car "delivered" yet with your Tesla account, you can't order the charger. So for people who planned on using that as their charging method at home, they won't be able to until AFTER they take delivery... Unless they will sell them and have an on-hand stock at the delivery centres....

Reactions: rudythecar