Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are you guys getting a range of dates lol ?
I order at the end of February and mine says July 2022, no range of month or dates, haven't moved or changed from the date I ordered.

SR RWD MSM with white interior.
All steps are completed and cash selected.

Yup. I ordered mine (same specs are you except black interior) here in BC in mid-march. My EDD has changed once already and currently shows date range of August 8 to Oct 21.

Reactions: Great White
I order at the end of February and mine says July 2022, no range of month or dates, haven't moved or changed from the date I ordered.

Yes, most see a range of dates. But I have seen other folks (mostly on the Reddit version of this forum) who are from less urban places in Canada like you and they often see only a month and year.

My OD is 2/6/2022 (Model 3 RWD/MSM/Black/18"/No FSD/Chicago), and my EDD has gone from October 2022 to 5/17-6/14 to August 2022 to 7/25-8/22. That last range of dates has not changed for six weeks.

I wish they either properly portrayed the actual wait time on new orders, or at the very least increase prices again to slow down that backlog they have. It’s not very forthright of them to give EDD’s on the website that are clearly before peoples EDD’s that have orders from September.

Folks waiting since September and October for their cars with EDD’s in July and August is just agonizing. The M3 was supposed to be their car that they can really pump out to scale their EV business…but it’s been almost a month with no deliveries and no communication as to what the deal is.

Isn't the Hertz deal almost 6 months ago? They probably had a timeframe for delivery of that 100k cars. Just speculating, because if even M3P & LR are being pushed back, have to be something significant.
I agree, this might be the real reason why we all are seeing such big delays in getting our cars. Tesla might be trying to please a cooperate giant rather than a paying individual.

is it normal that i ordered June 2021 and still have not got my Model 3 Standard range? Also i checked this morning my car EDD delayed until September, 2022. It use to say May 15 - June 12, 2022. Could this be that i forgot to put in my trade in odometer reading from a few days ago?
If you're trade-in is not complete, then your order is not complete. In effect, you haven't even been placed in the queue. It's possible that once you get everything sorted out you jump the queue, but it's unclear if that's true.

Recommendation is to have your SA purge the trade-in and any loan information until you get your VIN.

If you're trade-in is not complete, then your order is not complete. In effect, you haven't even been placed in the queue. It's possible that once you get everything sorted out you jump the queue, but it's unclear if that's true.

Recommendation is to have your SA purge the trade-in and any loan information until you get your VIN.
yep the SA actually did fix the payment method, i think he put full in cash for now but can change later. But it is just the trade in i am worried about because everytime the 30 days odometer is up, they take a few days to send me a new offer, and after i accept, the date got pushed back. He actually said he checked everything and i am all set… but yah its just too long now.

But i really starting to wonder if the trade in option is affecting the status. I wonder if i should remove the trade in and do it once i actually get my VIN. But some people i talked to in the forum says they don’t correlate with the EDD.

Last edited:
yep the SA actually did fix the payment method, i think he put full in cash for now but can change later. But it is just the trade in i am worried about because everytime the 30 days odometer is up, they take a few days to send me a new offer, and after i accept, the date got pushed back. He actually said he checked everything and i am all set… but yah its just too long now.

But i really starting to wonder if the trade in option is affecting the status. I wonder if i should remove the trade in and do it once i actually get my VIN. But some people i talked to in the forum says they don’t correlate with the EDD.
My SA told me that only the registration info matters. But again, we don't really know.

Ordered last August...

EDD - Sometime around the next presidential election.

Ordered last August...

EDD - Sometime around the next presidential election.
EDD changed from Apr 29 - May 27 to May 21-Jun 18 this morning

OD is Sep 18, 2021
White/Black Interior/Aero/No FSD/Miami

At this point, I am frustrated beyond limits. The EDD has changed more than 15 times since ordering the vehicle. I am baffled by the automated EDD updates from Tesla

This is correct. Trade-in needs to be accepted or declined to have your order completed and ready for delivery.

EDD changed from Apr 29 - May 27 to May 21-Jun 18 this morning

OD is Sep 18, 2021
White/Black Interior/Aero/No FSD/Miami

At this point, I am frustrated beyond limits. The EDD has changed more than 15 times since ordering the vehicle. I am baffled by the automated EDD updates from Tesla
I suppose I have too much imagination but what I envision are bunch of baby kids at Tesla's employee nursery, playing with a high tech kindergarten. Kind of like the ones at science fairs. So when they flip, hit, move, push or toggle anything... one of our EDD randomly changes.

Looking at everyone EDD history I would say that my theory is as good as any other. 🤣

Driving south towards San Diego into work this morning, I saw a hauler loaded with Model 3's and a couple Y's . I hope this is a sign production is starting to ramp again and fulfill all of our orders. I most of the 3's were SR from what I could see.... my order date is still holding 4/26 - 5/24. Not holding my breath and I fully expect this to push again.
This is the first news that i've seen to show that Tesla is making these and shipping them....super happy to see this! Hopeful that deliveries start up sometime this month...they only have like a week left :)

Well maybe it is time to start looking elsewhere. I know I will be out there looking starting this weekend.
11 EDD changes so far and if I was a betting man, I would say I'm far from finished.
I've been just 2 days from the 2 week window 4 times now.

I loved the order process of non having to deal with a sales person, 1 price for all, push a button and it's done. love it, love it, love it.
But this lack of consideration and communication is trying and tiring,

If I treated my customers like this I would be out on my arse.
I am going to test drive the BMW i4 today. Looks like starting price is very similar to M3 RWD. I have owned BMW's in the past and they have been fantastic cars.
1650646709336.png

Reactions: Mlm33 and Tony_YYZ