Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OD oct 20 2021
config : White ext. / black int. , no FSD , 18 inch aero
1st EDD September 2022
November 24th : EDD March 15 - April 12
December 07th : EDD March 11 - April 08
January 01st : EDD September 2022
January 06th : EDD March 11 - March 31
February 01st : EDD April 28 - May 26
April 07 : EDD May 19 - June 23
April 26 : EDD May 25 - June 22
May 1st : EDD May 23 - June 06 < ----- 2 week window entered now lets see....
appears like there are multiple (bordering on lots) of VINs being reported on Reddit so far this week, so there's definitely movement for all M3 models. Good trend! 👍

Hi folks. I recently placed an order for a Model 3, as the website showed an estimate delivery date between July and September. However, when I log in to my account (after finishing some of the required actions) it shows an estimated delivery date between October and December. Why the disconnect between the two? Thanks!
The one that will figure that one out will deserve a Nobel prize. Hang tight @jrp1311 because you might be in for a ride. Keep on following this thread and you'll get the essence of that love-hate sentiment about your new purchase. Waiting is not the worst part. Not knowing is.
  • If you have a car lease that will expire in July-September, it would be a good idea to work on a Plan B while hoping that things gets better delivery wise.
  • If you plan on taking a loan still keep you profile has paid cash for the moment. Keep in mind that interest rates might go up between now and your actual delivery date.
  • If you are exchanging a car, don't mention it in your profile either at this point.
Welcome to the group.

Hi all,

Not only with Tesla but in general, we ear and read about the peoples who have a problem to complain about. It is a normal behaviour especially when frustration rise. Or when your Youtube channel needs traffic. Peoples that have no issue simply move on with their life. Another normal behaviour.

In order to navigate thru all the "noise" around the Model 3, I came-up with a "One question survey" to help potential and/or future owners validate their decision.

The survey is to be answered by peoples who actually have (or had) a Model 3 at one point. Not on order or VIN attributed BUT in their parking spot.

Since I don't have any control on who will take the survey, the results will have to be interpreted accordingly.

I need your help promoting that "One question survey" link wherever owner can be found : Tesla Model 3 one question survey

I'll share the survey result link when answers will start to come in.

Let's see how it goes.

Note to the moderator : Let me know if that non-profit link referral intervenes with any of the forum's rules.

The one that will figure that one out will deserve a Nobel prize. Hang tight @jrp1311 because you might be in for a ride. Keep on following this thread and you'll get the essence of that love-hate sentiment about your new purchase. Waiting is not the worst part. Not knowing is.
  • If you have a car lease that will expire in July-September, it would be a good idea to work on a Plan B while hoping that things gets better delivery wise.
  • If you plan on taking a loan still keep you profile has paid cash for the moment. Keep in mind that interest rates might go up between now and your actual delivery date.
  • If you are exchanging a car, don't mention it in your profile either at this point.
Welcome to the group.
Thanks! Disappointing to hear, though, as I ordered based on that estimated delivery date. My car got totaled last week, but I can get by until late summer without one. Seeing this, though, means I might have to look in to alternatives.

Appreciate the info!

Reactions: Soosh
Thanks! Disappointing to hear, though, as I ordered based on that estimated delivery date. My car got totaled last week, but I can get by until late summer without one. Seeing this, though, means I might have to look in to alternatives.

Appreciate the info!
I can tell you with 100% certainty that you will have no idea when the car is coming, until it is coming.

Reactions: Mlm33
For anyone that ordered before Sept and are picking up their car now. Are you still getting the 1,000 free miles referral? I know before some people were still having their 1,000 free miles honored last year. I haven't heard anything about it this year.
I had forgotten about this. I ordered originally in December and I do not have 1000 free miles but I ordered a different Tesla back in Feb 21 and I do show 1000 free miles for that car and I assume it was from this deal.

Welcome to the group.
perfectly said!

All the VINs are encouraging surely, but the EDD are changing even after allocation of VINs.

Mine has changed twice, since the allocation of VIN 2 weeks ago. It jumped twice by 3-4 days each time. Latest one is May 16 - May 20 now. Keeping fingers crossed.....
Does this have to do with the cars being delivered w/o the charge port or port cover thing? Model 3 Reddit is quite fired up about that and other parts supply issues... basically cars are being sent to service centers but you can't take delivery until it's 'repaired or updated' with the missing part(s)...?

It is Done!
Picked up my
RWD Red/Black 18" Wheels FSD
Ordered 1/15 (Original Order December and put on hold)
Orange County CA
And I have the Projector headlights!!
I was fearful I might not have the new headlights after reading posts from the last few days.
The car is just about perfect, inside and out.
My new Model 3 also has the Ryzen chip
very, very nice. GREAT looking new ride! AND every happy, successful delivery on here is the fuel to keep us all positive & up beat. :D
Did you order mats and if so, what brand/kind? I hear the versions sold by Tesla aren't the best...?

Reactions: Great White
It's very obvious that Telsa prioritizes geographic location when it comes to RWD/standard builds. Brutal to watch people in Cali get their cars when they ordered three months or more after I did.
(Among other things) it sucks that there is no real ryhme or reason of how cars are delivered to various parts of hte country. It would make people WAY happier and content to know that E Coast gets deliveries in 1st & 2nd months of the qtr, W Coast last month (or something like that). That would help people plan their lives and $ and everything else that comes with buying a new car. Just a TAD bit of regularly updated communications would solve a bunch of the issues people complain about every day.... 🤓

Reactions: Mlm33