Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From this year. I put in my information in the same day I ordered though. I feel like that has something to do with it.
Interesting. I might be too late to submit a trade in offer request but I did one regardless and I’ll patiently await an offer. Have you also chosen cash? I’m planning on loaning but still left it at cash changing to loan upon getting a VIN.

I'll give you my quick thoughts - I was watching Reddit posts of people switching their orders and almost getting a VIN immediately. I don't know what is going on with the RWD production we had a bunch of VIN's released on April 25th and since just a few here and there.
I was in my delivery window for the RWD May 6-20 and then on Saturday got pushed back to June-July (this happened to me in April as well).
I finally called Tesla on Saturday to try and get some advice/perspective.
I was told if I switch to the LR the EDD could be July the same as my RWD...
I figured I didn't have anything to lose I could always switch back to the RWD if the dates are off.
So I told the SA I wanted to switch they enabled the edit button and I changed the configuration to LR (November price not current price)
Yesterday morning my EDD changed to May 10 -19 after the LR change.
Then got a VIN last night.
Hope this helps all the best
Good to hear!! I am seriously considering switching my order to Long Range.

I'll be leaving this thread and hopping over to the LR thread. It's been a fun journey guys, and i really wish y'all the best of luck getting your order in a realistic time-frame. I'm impatient and call everyday to see if there is a rejected car that matches my spec anywhere in the country - thankfully they had a LR that matched my spec, and they switched me over to the LR. All i had to do is pay the difference from RWD to LR when i ordered ($44,990 to $50,990).

VIN assigned right away, switched from cash to financing, got approved and the car will be here in 10 days. Honestly, reading this thread got me scared to wait another 2-3 months for my car. With charge port scares, folks in Oct. not having their car delivered, the extra $6k was worth the certainty. Sorry for the long winded reply - sharing my 2 cents in case others feel like this will not end for a couple months or more.
I'm sure you're gotten some feedback on this, but we're all a tiny at least bit jealous :)
Serioulsy though, VERY VERY glad that you and @Mick777 both got a VIN after making the upgrade. Do you mind posting one more time when you actually take delivery? Hoping it's a super smooth process and then ENJOY the sweet new ride 😁

We both did the same thing today - I switched over to the LR for the same price. To me it was for the same reasons when my EDD got pushed back again today it was finally time to upgrade - let's see how it works out.
I think Canasion explained the reasons well:
I want to thank everyone in the community for all the information and help I really appreciate it!
Look forward to a Tesla meetup down the road where I can buy everyone beers, in the meantime appreciate all the support along the ride.
I'll give one more update when I get the car - Cheers!
I'm sure you're gotten some feedback on this, but we're all a tiny at least bit jealous 😀
Serioulsy though, VERY VERY glad that you and @canasion35 both got a VIN after making the upgrade. Do you mind posting one more time when you actually take delivery? Hoping it's a super smooth process and then ENJOY the sweet new ride 😁

Reactions: Mick777
I DID see a Model 3 SR+ VIN assigned on the Reddit threat for a Dec2021 and Jan2022 order this morning. That's got to be a + trend (however slow). The other thing is that same thread has many LR and Performance models getting VINs for Feb & March 2022 orders, so again vehicles are moving to their buyers.

Reactions: Soosh
Same here. Switching to LR would mean a $13-15K. We're lucky to have nice rebates in Canada but it's a double edged sword. Compared to so many here I'm still a baby with my 3/8/22 OD so keeping fingers crossed during the months to come. Focusing on the positive :
  • Shanghai back online.
  • Texas now in operation and ramping-up.
  • Q2, Q3 and mainly Q4 goal pressure.
  • Hertz order eventually fulfilled
  • With COVID being now part of our life, can't believe supply chain disruptions will last forever.
  • While we whine about our delivery a whole country is being bombarded. That puts things in a different perspective.
One more thing to add to your list... what's the point (how valuable) is getting a VIN if the silly, brand new car is missing a part and it can't charge and then youre waiting yet again? Seems so silly to have your brand new car sitting on at a Service Center for days/weeks. Soooo hopefully that all gets worked out and caught up and when our SR+ orders come in, they have all their 'arms and legs' from the get-go ;)

A few stats from the Teslike Model 3 Survey & Order Tracker. A reminder to all newbies that filling this survey helps gather some stats. Very thin sampling but still...I know that some are also on Reddit or other M3 variants so feel free to share those links there as well.
  • VIN this week (May 1st-7th) : 39
    • LR : 31 = 79.4%
    • Perf : 4 = 10.4%
    • SR+ (RWD) : 4 = 10.4%
  • VIN comparison April against May
    • (Apr 1st-7th) : 4
    • (May 1st-7th) : 39 = 975% increase
  • VIN comparison Q1 against Q2
    • (Jan 1st - Feb 7th) : 46
    • (Apr 1st - May 7th) : 105 = 228% increase
  • Only (5) new Order entry in May so far.
One thing I have noticed comparing this to the Reddit Model 3 thread (all 3 models)... there must be a TON of people who DO NOT fill out the Google doc? According to my very unofficial poll, there are at a minimum of 20 VINs assigned every day starting on 5.4 and yet the Google doc doesn't show nearly that many... (5.4 shows 78 VINs assigned, 5.5 shows 17 VINs, 5.6 shows 18 VINs, 5.7 shows 18 VINs....) the lack of any idea and insight on this is a tad frustrating

Went to my service center today and finally they gave it to me straight. Turns out a lot of service centers all over the states are still waiting on getting missing parts. For the Lynnwood location specifically they still don't have an ETA for when their parts will come in, but to appease the masses they just tell everyone that they should get their cars "by the end of the week" when in reality we will waiting for a while...
Sucks because if your car was made between 4/25-5/01 those were the batches of cars without the ECU and Matrix lights apparently. Everyone thereafter should have matrix lights.

I ordered a model 3 rear wheel drive standard everything but color blue in November 2021. Just got another estimated delivery date delayed now to August 2022. This is the 5th or 6th delay. What can I do and any idea how long it could be? And why?

There is a thread where everyone is posting their updates along with a spreadsheet tracker. Ht latest I have seen is you may be able to speed it up by switching to LR (you'll want to talk to your SA to make sure they update it without any price hikes that happened in March and honor your price from back then). It's a significant amount to bump up to the LR so I will not do it, but a few have been doing this so they can get their cars sooner.

Reactions: BMWM3Man
A few stats from the Teslike Model 3 Survey & Order Tracker. A reminder to all newbies that filling this survey helps gather some stats. Very thin sampling but still...I know that some are also on Reddit or other M3 variants so feel free to share those links there as well.
  • VIN this week (May 1st-7th) : 39
    • LR : 31 = 79.4%
    • Perf : 4 = 10.4%
    • SR+ (RWD) : 4 = 10.4%
  • VIN comparison April against May
    • (Apr 1st-7th) : 4
    • (May 1st-7th) : 39 = 975% increase
  • VIN comparison Q1 against Q2
    • (Jan 1st - Feb 7th) : 46
    • (Apr 1st - May 7th) : 105 = 228% increase
  • Only (5) new Order entry in May so far.
Other major sort of concern here is the spreadsheet shows a grand total of 5 VINS assigned from 4.27 thru today.... uh oh...? 😕

I'm sure you're gotten some feedback on this, but we're all a tiny at least bit jealous :)
Serioulsy though, VERY VERY glad that you and @Mick777 both got a VIN after making the upgrade. Do you mind posting one more time when you actually take delivery? Hoping it's a super smooth process and then ENJOY the sweet new ride 😁
I will absolutely keep y'all updated. When i go to the WPB delivery center ill try and get some intel on the RWD vehicles, what the charge port situation is, if they have matrix lights, etc. Keep up the positivity guys...your cars are coming!

Got my order update message regarding the "Acceleration" today. After that my EDD changed to May 23rd to May 26th, no VIN in the source code, how long does it usually take to see the assigned vin? I am hoping the car comes with the Matrix headlights, we won't know until delivery.

Model 3 SR+ / White / Black Interior / No FSD / Aero
Order Date - 9-Oct-2021
Ordered at Oakville, Ontario

1st Delivery Date - July 2022
2nd Delivery Date - Feb 2022 to March 2022
3rd Delivery Date - March 2 - March 30
4th Delivery Date - April 29 - May 27
5th Delivery Date - May 17 - June 21
6th Delivery Date - May 23 - June 20
Trading vehicle SMS received on May 5th 2022
7th Delivery Date - May 15 - May 29 (1st 2 week window)
Current Delivery Date - May 23rd to May 26th (1st 3 day window)
Acceleration change message received on 9th May 2022

Pickup - Oakville, Ontario