Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think it’s great y’all now have cars on the way. I just wish it didn’t take spending so much more to get treated like you’re a real customer. For me it’d mean spending $6k more and losing the $2k California rebate - so basically an $8k increase. Plus paying more in taxes.

Seeing this happen again and again has really made this whole process kind of demeaning - like I ordered the poverty Tesla and get the treatment that spend merits.
I agree it’s a big hit to the budget- since your in California check out San Diego County Credit Union - 2.69% for 78 Months (not 72) it was even cheaper last month 2.49%… one of the better car loan rates I’ve found- hope you get the car soon!

Reactions: Mlm33
I am still waitint to review my final agreement - i change to financing option, but its all done now, I still dont see vin in MVPA, i think vision agreement has to be done before i can see .

Congratulations!

So I got the final payment email today. Then logged in and Accepted the new vision agrement. VIN is showing in the MVPA. EDD is now May 23- May 27 (It was May 10-May 22 earlier). Order Date 9 Oct. White/Black/No FSD. Pickup - St Bruno.

Reactions: yektoop and vsg055
Here’s my history-
Pick up: mt kisko ny
OD: 9/20/21
Red RWD w/ Black Int | 19” Wheels | No FSD
Declined a delivery in early December, hoping for BBB rebates in 2022.
Refreshed order 12/31/21.
EDD moved from February To June to most recent:
***3/28:
7/3-8/14/22
***4/10:
5/21-6/25/22
***4/26:
5/10-5/21
***5/9:
7/19-8/14

Congratulations on the VIN - yes price was same as original order date 5k cheaper than if I ordered now 👍
It’s funny we ordered a RWD last month as well for my wife - I was thinking maybe we get the RWD by the end year (Oct-December) & I can post a comparison
This is so frustrating.... I switched my order from LR to SR + for the LFP. Now I am kicking myself. I am spending over 600 a month in gas. I am Leary of switching back to LR, as I have zero confidence in getting anything from Tesla in a timely fashion at this point. But I am considering switching back...At this rate my 2022 Tesla M3 ordered in 2021... will become a 2023 model. This is insanity.

This is so frustrating.... I switched my order from LR to SR + for the LFP. Now I am kicking myself. I am spending over 600 a month in gas. I am Leary of switching back to LR, as I have zero confidence in getting anything from Tesla in a timely fashion at this point. But I am considering switching back...At this rate my 2022 Tesla M3 ordered in 2021... will become a 2023 model. This is insanity.
I'll give you my quick thoughts - I was watching Reddit posts of people switching their orders and almost getting a VIN immediately. I don't know what is going on with the RWD production we had a bunch of VIN's released on April 25th and since just a few here and there.
I was in my delivery window for the RWD May 6-20 and then on Saturday got pushed back to June-July (this happened to me in April as well).
I finally called Tesla on Saturday to try and get some advice/perspective.
I was told if I switch to the LR the EDD could be July the same as my RWD...
I figured I didn't have anything to lose I could always switch back to the RWD if the dates are off.
So I told the SA I wanted to switch they enabled the edit button and I changed the configuration to LR (November price not current price)
Yesterday morning my EDD changed to May 10 -19 after the LR change.
Then got a VIN last night.
Hope this helps all the best

I'll give you my quick thoughts - I was watching Reddit posts of people switching their orders and almost getting a VIN immediately. I don't know what is going on with the RWD production we had a bunch of VIN's released on April 25th and since just a few here and there.
I was in my delivery window for the RWD May 6-20 and then on Saturday got pushed back to June-July (this happened to me in April as well).
I finally called Tesla on Saturday to try and get some advice/perspective.
I was told if I switch to the LR the EDD could be July the same as my RWD...
I figured I didn't have anything to lose I could always switch back to the RWD if the dates are off.
So I told the SA I wanted to switch they enabled the edit button and I changed the configuration to LR (November price not current price)
Yesterday morning my EDD changed to May 10 -19 after the LR change.
Then got a VIN last night.
Hope this helps all the best
Thanks for that info. Obviously it would help all of us make decisions if the SA would just be transparent with us about the Lead times and production delays. Since this is not the case. I am strongly considering switching back to LR. My neighbor ordered LR after me and has had his car for Months already.

Ok so, I'm new here. I just ordered a M3 RWD Black/Black 18" on 4/29. Initially the app said Late August to early October but as soon as I put in all my information including the car I'm trading in (ice vehicle), it bumped me to a 5/17 - 5/31 window. I'm surprised that it's taking that long. The only other reason I could think of that I got bumped up was either I took place of someone who canceled a reservation or Tesla is indeed starting to ship more cars to the east coast.
Just received my vin # today. Still trying to figure out if it's lfp or nca. Will update.

Title says it all - I ordered a Model 3 Standard Range Plus in early May of 2021, 52+ weeks ago. I'm in BC, Canada.
Is it normal to wait this long?
Thanks.
Wow, a May 2021 order!? Definitely not normal, are you sure all the steps in your profile are completed? Trade-in and financing not expired etc. If you haven't done that it might delay your order. I'd check with your SA to make sure all the steps are good to go. I haven't seen that old of an order yet. If you look at the spreadsheet (linked below) you'll see that Canadian SR+ orders from May 2021 got their cars delivered between 20 and 43 days after order date. So I'd say something is definitely not right and you should be contacting Tesla and maybe even go to a Tesla store to talk to someone in person.

Reactions: Nick11 and MtlMV
Hi everyone, quick question for the group. I ordered a Model 3 last year and after patiently waiting for over 6 months, I finally got a VIN number assigned. In speaking to the Customer service team on the phone, I was informed that the car had arrived at the local service center and is awaiting pre-delivery inspection and scheduling delivery. The question is how long does it take from the car arriving at the local store to finally being delivered? It’s been a week since the car had arrived but I’ve not made any progress on getting the delivery scheduled. Wanted to get the thoughts from the group and see what your experience has been and if there is any advice that you can provide to speed up the delivery. Thanks.

Hi everyone, quick question for the group. I ordered a Model 3 last year and after patiently waiting for over 6 months, I finally got a VIN number assigned. In speaking to the Customer service team on the phone, I was informed that the car had arrived at the local service center and is awaiting pre-delivery inspection and scheduling delivery. The question is how long does it take from the car arriving at the local store to finally being delivered? It’s been a week since the car had arrived but I’ve not made any progress on getting the delivery scheduled. Wanted to get the thoughts from the group and see what your experience has been and if there is any advice that you can provide to speed up the delivery. Thanks.
Model 3 experienced a charging port shortage issue but Tesla still assigned and shipped those cars. Yours might be in that group og "Waiting for parts" batch, sitting at your local pick-up point, until they retrofit it.

Wow, a May 2021 order!? Definitely not normal, are you sure all the steps in your profile are completed? Trade-in and financing not expired etc. If you haven't done that it might delay your order. I'd check with your SA to make sure all the steps are good to go. I haven't seen that old of an order yet. If you look at the spreadsheet (linked below) you'll see that Canadian SR+ orders from May 2021 got their cars delivered between 20 and 43 days after order date. So I'd say something is definitely not right and you should be contacting Tesla and maybe even go to a Tesla store to talk to someone in person.

Thanks for the info, I'll call them today.

Model 3 experienced a charging port shortage issue but Tesla still assigned and shipped those cars. Yours might be in that group og "Waiting for parts" batch, sitting at your local pick-up point, until they retrofit it.
Interesting! How long does that normally take to get that part? Car had been at the local pick up location for a few weeks now. Also, wouldn’t the Tesla customer service team know this detail and tell me that when I call to get an update instead of telling me any day now? Just curious.

Reactions: Scooter_in_Sac