Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Guys I hate to say it, but this isn’t ending any time soon. I’m an August 2021 order with an EDD of July-August and I know for damn sure I’m not getting the car at the time.

Clearly the Hertz order has impacted M3 RWD deliveries to the point where they’re literally not building them for regular customers. Hertz order will most likely not be filled by the end of 2022 based on the disagreement that occurred in Nov 2021 between Hertz and Tesla. On top of that, LFP batteries are incredibly scarce. RWD VINs are virtually nonexistent. There have been a handful of deliveries in the past 4 months. I hurt to admit it but 2023 for RWD is more realistic it seems. Those of us that ordered between July - Nov of ‘21 shouldn’t expect to see a VIN before 2023.
You're not wrong. I'm going to upgrade to LR.

Guys I hate to say it, but this isn’t ending any time soon. I’m an August 2021 order with an EDD of July-August and I know for damn sure I’m not getting the car at the time.

Clearly the Hertz order has impacted M3 RWD deliveries to the point where they’re literally not building them for regular customers. Hertz order will most likely not be filled by the end of 2022 based on the disagreement that occurred in Nov 2021 between Hertz and Tesla. On top of that, LFP batteries are incredibly scarce. RWD VINs are virtually nonexistent. There have been a handful of deliveries in the past 4 months. I hurt to admit it but 2023 for RWD is more realistic it seems. Those of us that ordered between July - Nov of ‘21 shouldn’t expect to see a VIN before 2023.
Whatever the bottleneck, RWD are not reaching US consumers. Maybe they will send more LFP packs to Freemont. Maybe the Hertz order was frontloaded. Who knows. My money is on Q3 for the oldest orders to get built.

Standard welcome message for this thread:

Congratulations on ordering your Tesla! We're glad you've joined us. Now, if you follow our EDD progressions in our signatures, head over to the LR waiting room, and decide to switch from SR to LR so you get your Model 3 in 4 months instead of 1 year and 4 months, we won't blame you, because some of us here may switch and get our cars in 2 weeks ourselves.

Pasadena, CA (Pick-up Burbank)
OD: 9/28/21
M3 RWD Deep Blue Metallic/Black | Sport Wheels | No FSD

EDD: March 2022 (as of 9/28/21 - 1/5/22)
EDD: June 2022 (as of 1/5/22 - 1/20/22)
EDD: March 7 - March 31 (as of 1/21/22 - 1/30/22)
EDD: April 21 - May 19 (as of 1/31/22 - 3/14/22)
EDD: March 18 - March 31 (as of 3/15/22 - 3/18/22)
EDD: April 28 - June 02 (as of 3/19/22 - 4/6/22)
EDD: April 28 - May 26 (as of 4/6/22 - 4/28/22)
EDD: June 30 - Aug 11 (as of 4/29/22 - 5/22/22)
EDD: July 11 - Aug 15 (as of 5/23/22)
Configuration changed (5/23/22): Blk/Blk/Aero to Blue/Blk/Sports Wheels
VIN Received 5/24 (244XXX)
EDD: May 24 - May 29 (as of 5/24/22 - 5/27/22)
EDD: May 28 - May 30 (as of 5/27/22)

No delivery date scheduled so far. I believe my valuation of my trade is holding it up a little. I wanted to see what would Tesla offer for my 2015 Prius. I have an offer from CarMax as well. Let's see you offers a better deal.

Update: 2015 Prius trade-in offer (Odometer: 113,650)
Tesla - $9100
CarMax - $11,200

Last edited:

I really hope that's not the case. But so many of us 2021 orders have seen our EED go from March to May and now to August. If it truly is supply chain issues with the LFP batteries from China etc., I totally get it. I'm pretty understanding. But just communicate that to us so we can plan accordingly. if not supply chain issues, there must be some kind of law that Tesla is breaking by pushing our orders to the side just because they make the lease amount of money of us.

EDD on site states Oct 2022 - Jan 2023 for LR with aero wheels, do you think it could be sooner? or do i need to upgrade to sports
I didn't see an EDD when I made the change. I took the sport wheels off and went with the Aeros again. Might put em back on if I see something different on the app. I'm pretty sure I'll get mixed in with the LR orders since I've been waiting since 9/11.

I didn't see an EDD when I made the change. I took the sport wheels off and went with the Aeros again. Might put em back on if I see something different on the app. I'm pretty sure I'll get mixed in with the LR orders since I've been waiting since 9/11.
I probably sound like an SA, but it takes 24-48hrs for the change to happen. I've noticed that when changes happen, it is usually at 7am PST on my end

Just to confirm, Canadians cannot switch from RWD to LR, correct? This function is only available in US?
Yes you can switch from RWD to LR, without current price increase.
You have to use the edit link, as edit option won't appear in your account or contact SA, whichever works.
I have changed my RWD to LR and it is around 5K cheaper than the current price. Delivery date says Oct 2022 to Jan 2023, I'm in Eastcoast so I am not expecting my delivery to be next year in March or May.
I got my ioniq 5 couple months ago, so I am just keeping my tesla order if in case I wanna trade in next year, if not 250CAD not gonna hurt to lose.

Yes you can switch from RWD to LR, without current price increase.
You have to use the edit link, as edit option won't appear in your account or contact SA, whichever works.
I have changed my RWD to LR and it is around 5K cheaper than the current price. Delivery date says Oct 2022 to Jan 2023, I'm in Eastcoast so I am not expecting my delivery to be next year in March or May.
I got my ioniq 5 couple months ago, so I am just keeping my tesla order if in case I wanna trade in next year, if not 250CAD not gonna hurt to lose.

What was your OD? I heard the ability to edit has just started to roll out for Canadians. My OD Is 3/14 and I don't see the function on my account page. What's the edit link you're talking about?

Reactions: Jbedz
Not sure what the situation looks like in Canada, but if US folks take 2 weeks to get their LR, it really should not take Canadians more than a couple of months. LR is on a completely delivery schedule than SR.
What was your OD? I heard the ability to edit has just started to roll out for Canadians. My OD Is 3/14 and I don't see the function on my account page. What's the edit link you're talking about?

Try tesla.com/model3/design/RNxxxxxxxxxx or tesla.com/teslaaccount/edit-design/RNxxxxxxxxx

My original OD was somewhere in March too, here's a link tesla.com/teslaaccount/edit-design/RNXXXXXXX
Just put your RN number and you'd be able to change it, try to login your tesla account first and then open a link if it don't work at first.

Not sure what the situation looks like in Canada, but if US folks take 2 weeks to get their LR, it really should not take Canadians more than a couple of months. LR is on a completely delivery schedule than SR.

Try tesla.com/model3/design/RNxxxxxxxxxx or tesla.com/teslaaccount/edit-design/RNxxxxxxxxx
You'll be surprised how long does it take tesla to deliver canadian eastcoast orders, they do not have a tesla shop in the province I am and they are delivering from other company's car garage (not kidding here at all). So I do not expect them to deliver anytime before next year. I have changed to LR, it's been a week and stil shows Oct 22 to Jan 23 EDD.

• Informative
Reactions: Hiline
Just took the jump from RWD to LR, the potential for further depreciation on trade in vehicle due to indefinite wait times on SR pushed me over the edge.
I used the editor link provided on this page with no issues. Also as a note, there was no option to add a mobile charger on my design update change page, which brings me to believe I am still grandfathered in to receive it, before they decoupled it based on original order date.
SR W/W/Aero OD April 8th EDD Aug 22-Oct 3 -> LR W/W/Aero EDD dates have not changed, I will update when/if they do (At the very least I am hoping to get back into the original bait and switch dates of Jun-Aug that were reflected on website for SR before immediately changing after they accepted the deposit... the funny part, the bait and switch dates stayed on Tesla.com for 2 weeks after my order lol