Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I placed my order on May 20th, received it yesterday May 30th.

Being in Canada there were duties and taxes to pay. The vendor sends you an email to let you know that there will be fees and that you have to agree to it before they ship.

I purchase the CCS1 adapter and the case. $334.00 USD and at the time of order with exchange it came to $441 CAD + DHL charged me $89 in duties and taxes. Still cheaper than EBay or the one from Ukraine.
Even cheaper through Tesla Korea and a mail forwarder: US$294 including shipping - CAD$420 including the duties of CAD$50 through Fedex.

Did you order in 2021 or 2022?
We ordered May 7, 2022 and picked it up on May 17, 2022...10 days later. It was a big surprise for us.
Very happy for you @TTervooren and you in fact have no idea how lucky you are. These "defying gravity" car allocation are very puzzling. I can't believe that no one else had an order with this configuration for this pick-up location.
I agree. I didn't ask why we were getting ours so quickly, but assume someone else ordered with the same specs and chose not to pick it up. The woman that called to arrange a pickup time said if we could not pick it up in the next couple days, she had another person that ordered after us on the waiting list that she would call. I assume we just got lucky.

We ordered May 7, 2022 and picked it up on May 17, 2022...10 days later. It was a big surprise for us.

I agree. I didn't ask why we were getting ours so quickly, but assume someone else ordered with the same specs and chose not to pick it up. The woman that called to arrange a pickup time said if we could not pick it up in the next couple days, she had another person that ordered after us on the waiting list that she would call. I assume we just got lucky.
The odds again might be a refused delivery. It might have been built by someone who ordered last year or earlier this year and was built at the factory not that long ago, and they decided to decline for whatever their reason might be. Then your SA (or another SA) found your order and decided to offer you their vehicle.

EDIT: Congratulations in advance. I hope it is a great vehicle. I am still riding the waiting train for mine and will probably expect mine in early Fall or so. The quarter push though will get me closer to my brand new M3 even if I am not part of the push.

I see there are a ton of people who have those EDD move regularly. I feel my date that has only moved from the original ballpark month range to a tip dates just once since I ordered the car on 4/22/2022. I noticed a lot of Canadians are having a ton of bad luck and are experiencing long waits. Is that due to customs/taxes? Just curious to all these dates changes for a lot of people on the regular.

The odds again might be a refused delivery. It might have been built by someone who ordered last year or earlier this year and was built at the factory not that long ago, and they decided to decline for whatever their reason might be. Then your SA (or another SA) found your order and decided to offer you their vehicle.

EDIT: Congratulations in advance. I hope it is a great vehicle. I am still riding the waiting train for mine and will probably expect mine in early Fall or so. The quarter push though will get me closer to my brand new M3 even if I am not part of the push.
I still can't get my mind around that. NO ONE was already waiting for that combination? It's not like there are tons of flavours. I'm thinking that an SA simply look if stock is available and if the reject just happened it is available in their system and sold to the first customer regardless of the humongous waiting list.

I see there are a ton of people who have those EDD move regularly. I feel my date that has only moved from the original ballpark month range to a tip dates just once since I ordered the car on 4/22/2022. I noticed a lot of Canadians are having a ton of bad luck and are experiencing long waits. Is that due to customs/taxes? Just curious to all these dates changes for a lot of people on the regular.
Don't think the customs/taxes is really an issue but maybe more the exchange rate but for a while, despite some swing, it's pretty stable.

I still can't get my mind around that. NO ONE was already waiting for that combination? It's not like there are tons of flavours. I'm thinking that an SA simply look if stock is available and if the reject just happened it is available in their system and sold to the first customer regardless of the humongous waiting list.
They probably didn't want to bother shipping it somewhere else.

I don’t know how the process of post-rejecting works, but they probably hold off the car and find someone else in line with that same build and ask if they want it. If not, they just list it in the public inventory list for someone else to grab. Though if you were to buy it from a dealer pretty far from your house, then you’re going to pay a transport fee of $2,000 - $3,000. That’s one risk of buying rejected vehicles. Some people here were told by their SAs that there is a refused delivery of their same build and if they want to take it. Others just get a VIN out of the blue quickly and it always turns out to be someone else’s order.

Like I said, for an OD that late while some people here from 2021 are still waiting for their M3s, that is extremely likely a rejected vehicle. I would honestly take a rejected vehicle IF it looks in clear condition. If it was rejected for a defect, then I’m not taking it. I wouldn’t mind if it doesn’t have Matrix or Ryzen either. I drive in the day and don’t need to worry about headlights putting on a laser show. If I do get Matrix then I’ll probably put one for the nephews to watch.

Reactions: MtlMV