Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Estimated wait time now for M3 RWD/ white/ black / aero / no FSD is October - January

Attachments

• 2C14C78D-D311-4F43-8059-24DBCE33F8C8.png
    2C14C78D-D311-4F43-8059-24DBCE33F8C8.png
    541.7 KB · Views: 131
I hope they get those fulfilled soon for those who are waiting still

Maybe when BYD delivers these batteries the dam will break as they slot batteries into pre-assembled RWD bodies and deliver the to people.

Can’t hurt to dream…

Alright, if Tesla won’t offer transparency… I will. Contemporary Amprex Technology (CATL) was Tesla’s only supplier of LFP batteries. According to CNBC, CATL is responsible for 25% of global EV battery market share.

Yesterday another Chinese company, BYD Co Ltd, announced that they would now be supplying Tesla with batteries going forward. BYD is apparently only responsible for 7% of global EV battery market share which means one of two things.

1. They have much lower production capability than competitors

OR

2. They have production capabilities, but haven’t been awarded contract opportunities to supply major companies.

I’m assuming if Tesla is comfortable enough to go with BYD, then they’re confident BYD would have the production capabilities to supply them consistently. Switching suppliers is a big deal. I’m hoping it’s #2.

Maybe when BYD delivers these batteries the dam will break as they slot batteries into pre-assembled RWD bodies and deliver the to people.

Can’t hurt to dream…
From the news article "Tesla disclosed that nearly half of the vehicles it produced in the first quarter were equipped with LFP batteries". That sure does not fit our reality

VIN per Q.jpg

Alright, if Tesla won’t offer transparency… I will. Contemporary Amprex Technology (CATL) was Tesla’s only supplier of LFP batteries. According to CNBC, CATL is responsible for 25% of global EV battery market share.

Yesterday another Chinese company, BYD Co Ltd, announced that they would now be supplying Tesla with batteries going forward. BYD is apparently only responsible for 7% of global EV battery market share which means one of two things.

1. They have much lower production capability than competitors

OR

2. They have production capabilities, but haven’t been awarded contract opportunities to supply major companies.

I’m assuming if Tesla is comfortable enough to go with BYD, then they’re confident BYD would have the production capabilities to supply them consistently. Switching suppliers is a big deal. I’m hoping it’s #2.
I think it's more about adding a supplier than switching a supplier. I see this as a good news.

Reactions: RPYT