Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Made the switch to LR this morning so we'll see how my EDD changes. Original order details:

O/D: 3/14 MSM/Aero/No FSD Last EDD: Oct 8-Dec 3

I definitely have not waited anywhere near as long as many of you, but with my growing family, I needed the car sooner than later. I was skeptical about the accuracy of the EDD as many of you who ordered last year have still not taken delivery. Hope the rumours of a Q3/Q4 push for SRs are true!

I'm interested in upgrading to LR as well, when I called the delivery center they said pricing would only be current pricing. Were you able to keep the same pricing tier and how did you go about doing it? Thanks.

Reactions: Octane G
Pricing is based on what the current prices were when you ordered. When I switched to long range it gave me the price of October 3rd 2021 when I ordered
Yep, I ordered way back in Q2 - 2021. Did you work with the delivery location to get your order switched to long-range?

The rep I spoke to at my local delivery center in Colma, CA was adamant that it would be current pricing.

I'm interested in upgrading to LR as well, when I called the delivery center they said pricing would only be current pricing. Were you able to keep the same pricing tier and how did you go about doing it? Thanks.

As 'Octane G' stated, any changes you make to your existing order are based on the prices at the time of your original order. You should be able to go into your Tesla account and "Edit Design" to make your changes. The pricing should reflect those of when you placed your order.

I was able to make the switch based on the pricing at the time of my order (March 2022) which was roughly $8000 CAD less than current prices.

https://www.tesla.com/teslaaccount/edit-design/RN#######

The edit design button goes away when you don’t have anymore pre-delivery tasks to do for now. You can still edit it after the fact but through the URL provided above.

Tesla Chat was able to unlock the pre-delivery tasks, but the edit link and button didn't work for me. The chat agent said they could manually make the change, but it can take up to 30 minutes for the change to take effect. 🤞 Hope nothing crazy happens with the pricing.

Reactions: windjammer99
Tesla Chat was able to unlock the pre-delivery tasks, but the edit link and button didn't work for me. The chat agent said they could manually make the change, but it can take up to 30 minutes for the change to take effect. 🤞 Hope nothing crazy happens with the pricing.
Just an update to this -for anyone who is interested. The change just went through and pricing was held from when I ordered it.

Only pricing change you'll see is if you basically went from a base model to an upgrade i.e. white interior, 19" wheels, red/blue/black, or ascend to the LR or Performance. If prices changed since your OD, then you're staying with the old pricing if you go to LR or Performance. Grandfathered pricing is visible through the build editing page, but it seems you can't access it. Anyone else who ordered after the recent price hike has no luck trying to snag the older prices.

Only pricing change you'll see is if you basically went from a base model to an upgrade i.e. white interior, 19" wheels, red/blue/black, or ascend to the LR or Performance. If prices changed since your OD, then you're staying with the old pricing if you go to LR or Performance. Grandfathered pricing is visible through the build editing page, but it seems you can't access it. Anyone else who ordered after the recent price hike has no luck trying to snag the older prices.
Thanks - also I was notified about 5 to 10 minutes after the order was changed to Long Range -that a VIN was assigned and would be ready to pick up this week. I don't think this will apply to everyone but sure was a fun surprise.

Please pardon cross-posting.

For anyone interested I have updated a statistical analysis I originally carried several months ago using Troy Teslike's spreadsheet documenting orders and deliveries for the various Model 3 subtypes. I employed "R Notebook" to carry out the statistical analysis which I have output in a handy pdf format.

I believe this document will be of interest to many current and prospective Model 3 Owners. In particular, I have analyzed model 3 wait times by Region of the USA stratified by Year. Naturally, I would appreciate any feedback you would care to provide me as well. Thank you.

Attachments

• tesla-pdf-document1.pdf
    54.5 KB · Views: 138
Ordered Saturday June 18th 2022. White Model 3 Standard Plus with black interior, and standard wheels. Estimated delivery date

B429A708-9540-41AD-9849-1BC9C3CBAEC2.jpeg