Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a Model 3 SR+ for $39,990 + $1,000 Midnight Silver + $1,200 destination + $250 order fee back in September 2021, but kept the order on hold until December 2021.

Since then, I've seen my EDD go from May to July to September to November to now "TBD" for the past two months. I'm worried that Tesla has no reason to produce my vehicle (same car now goes for $46,990 + destination and fees) given the recent reported financial difficulties, and I'll be waiting indefinitely or get my order canceled.

Are there are others in the same boat? Wonder it makes sense to place an order for another one at the higher price, in the hopes that car will actually get delivered by the year-end. Similarly, have folks had any luck getting their car delivered by upgrading to a LR AWD?

As of this AM, based on our Dashboard, we have (745) orders outstanding and only (1) VIN in this 3rd quarter after (7) days. :(
  • SR+(RWD) = 318
  • LR = 330
  • P = 97
In Q1-Q2, it kind of made sense to see a lot of LR VIN because of the LR ordered were exceeding by far the SR+ but look at the current situation where we have almost as many SR+ as LR outstanding.

As usual...based on our very tiny sample database.

• Disagree
Reactions: RPYT
S
I ordered a Model 3 SR+ for $39,990 + $1,000 Midnight Silver + $1,200 destination + $250 order fee back in September 2021, but kept the order on hold until December 2021.

Since then, I've seen my EDD go from May to July to September to November to now "TBD" for the past two months. I'm worried that Tesla has no reason to produce my vehicle (same car now goes for $46,990 + destination and fees) given the recent reported financial difficulties, and I'll be waiting indefinitely or get my order canceled.

Are there are others in the same boat? Wonder it makes sense to place an order for another one at the higher price, in the hopes that car will actually get delivered by the year-end. Similarly, have folks had any luck getting their car delivered by upgrading to a LR AWD?
I have the same order month, hold, and config as you. My EDD is Aug-Sep. I think it will eventually come but I also think Tesla would prefer me to cancel or upgrade. People who upgraded in the middle of last quarter saw VINs soon after the switch. Now at the beginning of 3Q, everyone is waiting again.

Reactions: theocguy and Jbedz

Idk, I'm kinda skeptical as well.
Mine is a pretty old order fom 2021 (it was on hold for some time too), locked in the old price for SR+.
My EDD hasn't been changing a lot recently, so maybe I'm wrong, but I'm keeping my hopes up that I'm really getting my car around august (please Tesla)...

Congratulations on the order and welcome to THE wait!
Sorry to disappoint but it will never be what you expect, either too early or late.
I had a 2 day window in March and was back to a 4 week window after that and here we are in July. Expect the unexpected and hope that will help you cope...good luck!
Wow! I hope it's soon! Thanks for letting me know. I won't get my hopes up!

Reactions: Rezan8

I am in same boat. Let’s hope Tesla makes and delivers the car. I ordered 9/31 and edd changed like 9 times so far. Current edd is 4 week window Aug2-30th. It will be about 335 days since order if at I get delivery.

Reactions: alset3000