Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M3 RWD LFP pack is made in china so not qualified even you buy in 2023
It would…

Bill excludes those with batteries that contain minerals that “were extracted, processed, or recycled by a foreign entity of concern,” which is defined as a state sponsoring terrorism or countries blocked by the Treasury Department’s Office of Foreign Asset Control.

I don’t believe China is on that list

Enjoy driving my car 😛! It's not your fault, but I don't understand why Tesla won't ship older orders first. Day 264 and still no clue on when Tesla plans to deliver my M3. Whatever happened to the old adage, first come first serve. In all seriousness, I hope that your M3 is everything that you dreamed it would be and that you have a lifetime full of memories enjoying your new ride. Congratulations!
:) I know how frustrating it's to wait with no clue or visibility. I assume you have the exact same config as mine. I am guessing location may be something to do it, nevertheless I do agree they should be more sensible in EDDs and deliveries.
Thank you ! yes, it's something we had been waiting for and looking forward to memorable trips with the M3.

I ordered my RWD in April when the long range was still under the 55k cap at $54,900. I wonder if I could defer purchasing my rear wheel drive until January, upgrade to the long range (which I can buy at the price listed when I first made my order) and get the rebate.
I am thinking to same to upgrade RWD to LR. The different is exactly $7500. However, I am thinking the M3RWD won’t be qualified for the credit as the battery is made in China.

just thinking of incentive from Quebec. has any one from Quebec check with Tesla regarding the incentive before and after June 30th, the 1000$ difference? will tesla do sth for that?
Yeah, I noticed that. It was 8K and it's 7K now (it's still a good rebate anyway).
Not sure if those who placed the order before June 30th will still benefit from the higher rebate. I hope so.
I'll find out soon I guess (if my delivery date sticks).

According to the info about the program on their site, you apply for the rebate right when you take delivery. So I guess they check eligibility and how much you're entitled of. Knowing Québec, I would say that the amount difference is not retroactive, but I'm fine with 7k really.

Original OD 10/2021. FINALLY Received VIN last Wednesday 7/20 -- EDD updated to 8/4-8-8

Got the trade-in call yesterday 7/25 and was told the car is shipping from Fremont CA. Is it really true that it'll take nearly two weeks to ship or could I expect a potential surprise this weekend instead? Or earlier than the 4th I guess? Not sure how long shipping to Raleigh actually takes and SA's haven't said much to not change expectations. Hoping someone cancels delivery or something so I can get in this car finally!
Safe to say, I received the text to schedule delivery this same evening lol. Ended up being able to schedule for the 10th (which is actually my birthday). So! Cheers to 294 days of patience 🫠

Yeah, I noticed that. It was 8K and it's 7K now (it's still a good rebate anyway).
Not sure if those who placed the order before June 30th will still benefit from the higher rebate. I hope so.
I'll find out soon I guess (if my delivery date sticks).

According to the info about the program on their site, you apply for the rebate right when you take delivery. So I guess they check eligibility and how much you're entitled of. Knowing Québec, I would say that the amount difference is not retroactive, but I'm fine with 7k really.
The Quebec incentive is not retroactive. When they changed from $8K to $7K in the March budget they left a delivery buffer zone until June 30th. Deliveries from July 1st and after will have $7K regardless of the OD.

Reactions: fer_
Model 3 | SR+ (now RWD, White Paint, Black Interior, Aero Wheels, Basic Autopilot) | Order Date: Oct 21, 2021. | Vancouver | EDD Before July 12: July 18 - Aug 15
EDD changed on July 12: July 22 - August 5
EDD changed on July 23: July 27 - August 10

This morning, EDD changed to July 31 - August 10

Still a 10 days window. hopefully, I'll get it by the end of next week.
Hey all. I got this message (on my account) to convert my order from 2021 Model 3 SR+ to 2022 Model 3 RWD yesterday. And a few hours later, I saw VIN in the source code. Then, the delivery window got shorter from Aug 1 to Aug 5.

This morning I got a text to schedule the delivery (between August 3 to August 6). I got super excited and booked the earliest one.

Attachments

• IMG_1188.jpeg
    IMG_1188.jpeg
    159.1 KB · Views: 90
Hey all. I got this message (on my account) to convert my order from 2021 Model 3 SR+ to 2022 Model 3 RWD yesterday. And a few hours later, I saw VIN in the source code. Then, the delivery window got shorter from Aug 1 to Aug 5.

This morning I got a text to schedule the delivery (between August 3 to August 6). I got super excited and booked the earliest one.
Congrats!!

Reactions: ndkcha
VIN received today. 314 series. EDD updated from 8/7-8/21 to 8/1-8/7. The US tax credit legislation under consideration has me in a mental jumble about what to do but my pricing is lower than current because I reserved in the Fall of 2020...leaning towards taking delivery this week. Too excited.

This is a bit ironic since I made the reservation when the 2020 tax credit bill (BBB) was entering discussion the first time around with the hope of getting the car at a lower price (I anticipated Tesla would raise pricing) in addition to the tax credit...

New user here, OD & EDD listed below:

- OD: 4/6
- EDD @ 4/13: 7/27 - 9/21
- EDD @ 4/25: 7/31 - 9/11
- EDD @ 6/23: 7/27 - 8/31
- EDD @ 7/11: 9/28 - 11/9

Is anyone else experiencing this large of leap in EDD?

I talked to the tesla rep at my local location and he mentioned not to pay too much attention to the delivery dates but not much more from there. Also spoke with tesla customer service advisor and he stated that this new range should be accurate due to delivery delays and manufacturing delays? I expected a few push and pulls here and there on EDD but to go from 7/27-9/21 as original EDD all the way to 9/28/-11/9 as new EDD as of 7/11 seems a bit extreme.

Order Details: Model 3 Standard Range (aka Model 3 RWD), White Exterior, Black Interior, 19" sport wheels, Included Auto Pilot
I haven’t seen mine EDD move at all since my original OD of 5/19 it has been an EDD of 10/1-11/12 and hopefully I won’t experience any movement of the EDD as it gets closer.
I ordered model 3 rwd black paint with black interior and areo rims.. I will say from what I’ve read I think your date got pushed back to the end of Q3 delivery push which seems to be Teslas move.
I agree with you and everything I read and as I mentioned in here earlier it seems like the delivery push will be at the end of Q3 after reading and seeing everyone’s EDD is around the same time regardless of order date.. I order the same model 3 rwd on the same date as well and my EDD has be 10/1-11/12 the whole time let’s hope this holds true .

Reactions: jacobvargas