Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m 24 days away from my 4 week window EDD of 9/9-10/7. Any ideas if and when usually a vin is assigned. Is there still hope that I get a vin before this window or maybe the first week of the window or is typically assigned on the back half or just when it happens it happens. I’m just wondering if at all possible I can get it earlier then the EDD. Has anyone received a vin and delivery before or earlier then the expected EDD?
Location and Spec and orderdate?

I’m 24 days away from my 4 week window EDD of 9/9-10/7. Any ideas if and when usually a vin is assigned. Is there still hope that I get a vin before this window or maybe the first week of the window or is typically assigned on the back half or just when it happens it happens. I’m just wondering if at all possible I can get it earlier then the EDD. Has anyone received a vin and delivery before or earlier then the expected EDD?
We kept getting about 1 day into each window when the window moved or shortened.

My EDD adjusted slightly from 12 Oct - 23 Nov to 10 Oct - 14 Nov. I ordered in Jun. I was hoping Tesla would slow roll me so I could figure out what this tax rebate is going to mean to the Model 3. I'm set to 'cash' I wonder if I should change that to 'finance' and not fill in the information??

The adventure continues…

Had to put our M3 SR on hold a few weeks ago. We are on Cape Cod and can’t return to our home south of Tucson (where we ordered the Tesla from) until end of August. A few days ago received an email informing me of the following:

“We’re contacting you regarding the Model 3 you ordered on March 5, 2022 (actually ordered it on April 1st, but let’s not quibble) to offer any assistance in bringing your car home. We’re excited to deliver your Model 3 at your earliest convenience and welcome you to the Tesla family.

Your order is set to cancel soon, but if you still intend to take delivery, please sign in to your Tesla Account and select “I’m Ready” by August 21, 2022.

If your order remains on hold on August 21, 2022, or is placed on hold again, we will assume that you no longer wish to purchase a vehicle. Your order will automatically be canceled and your order fee forfeited.”

Waited as long as I dare on hold and hit the ready button today. Back in the que with a TBD EDD date, which is fine. So long as the day is August 30th or later that would work out with no issues.

Good luck everyone!

Rich

Your experience may be different, but I received my VIN at the same time I went from a two-week window to a four-day window. To put it another way, I received my VIN almost three weeks before the start of my four-week window.

Reactions: Canesfan89
For those of you still waiting… I waited nearly a year. Took delivery 8/6/22 and ordered 8/16/21.

After having the car for almost two weeks I have to say… it’s so damn worth it. It’s the best experience I have ever had as far as a vehicle is concerned. The moment you push that door handle in for the first time is unlike anything else.
Congrats RiV_7! Will never forget your Q2 rallying cry that prepared us for the long night. See you on the other side.🤙🤙

Reactions: Nick11
So I took delivery today in Laval, Canada. One person handed me the keys (cards) letting me know where the car was and that a folder with documents to sign was inside the car and to come back in when ready. From there you can take what ever time you want to check the car inside-out, no pressure. Since it was a big delivery day/week (showroom full and more in the parking lot), there was someone outside, in case you had any question. When done with inspection, I've signed the documents and showed-up to another person inside for balance and registration payment. Smooth process and the car is great. Mileage was 6km even if paperwork showed 30km. Car was fully charged.

Even if you research as much as you can prior to, driving back home can be challenging while your muscle memory learns it all. Ex.: I had set my mirrors but felt they needed a small adjustment while driving so locate the menu, locate the icon, while driving on adaptive cruise etc... also, with the Volt I was always using the regenerative paddle that was also cancelling cruise. Now it is a whole different thing etc... But it's clear that it will be a lot of fun.

Note : If like me, any of you were hesitant about picking the LR in order to get the premium sound system, you won't be disappointed with the RWD one and you really need to try the "Light show" app.

Now a proud member of team white.

IMG_4225.jpeg

So I took delivery today in Laval, Canada. One person handed me the keys (cards) letting me know where the car was and that a folder with documents to sign was inside the car and to come back in when ready. From there you can take what ever time you want to check the car inside-out, no pressure. Since it was a big delivery day/week (showroom full and more in the parking lot), there was someone outside, in case you had any question. When done with inspection, I've signed the documents and showed-up to another person inside for balance and registration payment. Smooth process and the car is great. Mileage was 6km even if paperwork showed 30km. Car was fully charged.

Even if you research as much as you can prior to, driving back home can be challenging while your muscle memory learns it all. Ex.: I had set my mirrors but felt they needed a small adjustment while driving so locate the menu, locate the icon, while driving on adaptive cruise etc... also, with the Volt I was always using the regenerative paddle that was also cancelling cruise. Now it is a whole different thing etc... But it's clear that it will be a lot of fun.

Note : If like me, any of you were hesitant about picking the LR in order to get the premium sound system, you won't be disappointed with the RWD one and you really need to try the "Light show" app.

View attachment 842024
👍

View attachment 842024
Congrats!
I’m taking delivery next Tuesday! But in Saint Bruno :)
I can’t wait 😅

View attachment 842024
Congrats! 👏
Have fun 😄

Reactions: MtlMV