Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a brand new Tesla Model 3! It is awesome!
Thank you all for all the information and ideas that helped me know (or at least believe I knew) what was going on and what to expect through the long 9 month wait. I'll probably spend less time on the forum now, preferring to drive the car.
For what it's worth for those still waiting and those contemplating an order, the rep thought the delivery waits would come down - perhaps to 6 months or less.

Fort Lauderdale I’m guessing that’s were I went and test drove the model 3 and got info from about ordering etc.. I’m not sure how it works do they assign you a pick up location or do you get to pick where you’d like to receive the car from?
They pair you to the closest location of your home address. I am sure you will hear from them in 2-3 weeks.

Reactions: Canesfan89
Day 285... New EDD is AUG 19 - AUG 24. All tasks are completed and I am waiting for notification from Tesla - Bloomington, IL to schedule delivery. I still won't believe it is real until I am driving my M3 home.
I just received notification of delivery from Tesla and we are set for Wednesday, August 24th. This will be the longest week of my life!

I have been thinking about changing my interior from black to white. My EDD is pretty far away at Nov20-Jan1. Does anybody know if this will delay my order further than that? I don't want to change anything if it will risk pushing it back further.
I have been helped greatly by this forum so when I saw this question (again) I thought it was time to create an account and help you! I debated this same change and glad I went for it!

Let me share my experience from Ajax, Ontario (Toronto - Lawrence SA and pickup):

May 1, 2022 - Test drive as a friend pushed us to when our car was written off, with no real intention to purchase one
May 2 - OD RWD, Blue, Black, 18", No FSD (when I ordered website said EDD July to September)
May 3 - EDD Sept 8-Nov 3
May 9 - EDD Sept 6-Oct 18
Jun 9 - EDD Oct 13-Dec 8
Jun 28 - EDD Oct 22-Dec 3
Jun 29 - Contacted SA to ask if we changed interior to white how it would impact our EDD and he said it would put us to the end of the line as if re-ordering.
Jun 30 - SA confirmed the car was scheduled to be built in Q3
Jul 14 - After reading this forum it seemed some moved forward and some back after making changes so decided to roll the dice as really wanted white and did not want to regret it. I did not have the 'edit design' option available in my account so again after reading the forum used the 'work around' to make the change.
Jul 18 - EDD Oct 8-Nov 19 (moved up)
Aug 3 - Sep 10-Oct 15 (and again!)
Aug 9 - Sep 13-Oct 11 (4-week window)

So, as you can see it worked out for us despite what our SA said. If you decide to go for it, I hope the same for you!

I have been helped greatly by this forum so when I saw this question (again) I thought it was time to create an account and help you! I debated this same change and glad I went for it!

Let me share my experience from Ajax, Ontario (Toronto - Lawrence SA and pickup):

May 1, 2022 - Test drive as a friend pushed us to when our car was written off, with no real intention to purchase one
May 2 - OD RWD, Blue, Black, 18", No FSD (when I ordered website said EDD July to September)
May 3 - EDD Sept 8-Nov 3
Jun 9 - EDD Oct 13-Dec 8
Jun 29 - Contacted SA to ask if we changed interior to white how it would impact our EDD and he said it would put us to the end of the line as if re-ordering.
Jul 14 - After reading this forum it seemed some moved forward and some back after making changes so decided to roll the dice as really wanted white and did not want to regret it. I did not have the 'edit design' option available in my account so again after reading the forum used the 'work around' to make the change.

So, as you can see it worked out for us despite what our SA said. If you decide to go for it, I hope the same for you!

May 3 - EDD Sept 8-Nov 3
Jun 9 - EDD Oct 13-Dec 8

Thank you! Great to hear a real experience.

Changed to white interior on 6/8
OD - July to Sep 2022 (per website too as of 4/12/22) :D
EDD - Oct to Dec 2022 (as of 4/13/22)
EDD - Sep 4 to Oct 16 (as of 6/15/22) :O
OD - July to Sep 2022 (per website too as of 4/12/22) :D
EDD - Oct to Dec 2022 (as of 4/13/22)
EDD - Sep 4 to Oct 16 (as of 6/15/22) :O
Changed to gray on 8/14 (so now gray ext, white int)
EDD - Sep 2 to Sep 12 (after 2 days of changing ext color)

ordered: 3/12/2022
current EDD: 8/29 - 9/12 (changed to 2 weeks from a 4 week window a couple weeks ago)
model: grey, 19" wheels, black interior, NO FSD

still showing "Technical issues loading payment details" for about 2 weeks now. Called CS and woman said itʻs ok - they can see all my finance/payment details on her end. 🤷‍♂️
my VIN was assigned today...and now have an EDD of 9/04-9/07. havenʻt yet scheduled delivery.

Hi all. First (24) hours with the car and it is fun to drive, even if I was more focused on selling my previous car (Volt 2017) also in (24) hours, $10K more then what I had planned when I started looking at the Tesla in 2020. It's crazy.

Of course I will now leave this room and move on to other things. For those who were following my Dashboard, built on Troy Teslike Google sheet, I will put it offline at the end of the month. The participation reached a peak but lately, for a reason I can't explain, data records are vanishing from the master sheet, another reason for me to stop investing time there.

Capture d’écran 2022-08-19 063302.jpg

It was a fun project and take you to all of you you participated. Good luck with the rest.

i am getting my model 3 thursday so i will let you know about frame. I asked my rep about the headlights coming in on model 3 standard recently. she gave me an answer the sounded like it was written by a lawyer: " to the effect they use several different type of headlights on this car . so wont know until 8-25-22