Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bit of a thread hijack, but here goes anyway!

Couple of comments on the new M3 SR we picked-up on Monday in Phoenix:

• After going over the car with a fine-tooth comb I can safely say the vehicle is perfect. Really. Great paint (beautiful really), no "gap" issues, all good, plus,
  • The car has no mechanical issues or any other defect that I can detect (+150 miles on the vehicle to-date).
Full disclosure; I'm not a "fan boy." Don't drink the Kool-Aid. If I had a squawk you'd know it.

Rich

Some pics:

Spouse checking out the new Tesla
w4OdHEP.jpg

Our only complaint? It was 104' in Phoenix when we did the pick-up!! (gotta come up with something negative...)
aTRUM6g.jpg
That’s beautiful Rich!!! I know you went through a lot to get it.😁

21 hours until delivery and I receive a message telling me that my vehicle has not arrived, and therefore my appointment for tomorrow will have to be moved. Would I accept Saturday at 11am?

I reply saying I am out of the country, next closest time I could come would be Tuesday.

40 minutes later I receive a message saying my vehicle JUST arrived, we can maintain the 5:00pm appointment tomorrow.

They had already changed my pickup in my account to Saturday.

What the heck is going on?

Reactions: kvanriper
Really on cloud 9, myself…

Took delivery of blue/black/aero/no FSD today in Atlanta

OD 2/28/22
VIN 8/13/22

Delivery 8/31/22

Matrix lights, LFP, mobile charger with one adapter, Michelin tires

No panel gaps, beautiful paint even around hinges inside door, all weather stripping, seat stitching great.

I hate driving in Atlanta and had to get back to work in a hurry. Soooo, I let my dear husband drive back home and he brought the car to me at work. He hasn’t made anymore remarks about getting a fancy schmancy car. And he’s actually willing to use it to drive all the way across BHAM to take the kids to soccer practice. He Just called to ask how to get out of the Netflix app!!!I hope he’s developing an appreciation for the amazing engineering…maybe could use a physical button for the glovebox.

So appreciate having this forum!!! Signing out of this one!

Good luck and great patience to all those still waiting!

40A4F581-3A98-4258-B9CA-149510DAB33E.jpeg

21 hours until delivery and I receive a message telling me that my vehicle has not arrived, and therefore my appointment for tomorrow will have to be moved. Would I accept Saturday at 11am?

I reply saying I am out of the country, next closest time I could come would be Tuesday.

40 minutes later I receive a message saying my vehicle JUST arrived, we can maintain the 5:00pm appointment tomorrow.

They want 24 hours to detail and inspect it. Same thing happened to me. Since your pick up time was late in the day, they were probably willing to keep your appointment time. If my car hadn’t arrived by Monday night they were going to push my pickup day back one day even though I told them I would take it caked in mud with a pile of scratches!!!😁

Here’s a theory: They received several vehicles near the end of the day today, and they don’t have time to detail and deliver all of them tomorrow. As a result, they are hoping to re-schedule some deliveries for Friday and Saturday. In your case, you’ll be out of the country on Saturday, so they quickly moved your delivery back to its original time slot. Somebody else will get bumped to Saturday.

They want 24 hours to detail and inspect it. Same thing happened to me. Since your pick up time was late in the day, they were probably willing to keep your appointment time. If my car hadn’t arrived by Monday night they were going to push my pickup day back one day even though I told them I would take it caked in mud with a pile of scratches!!!😁
Here’s a theory: They received a lot of vehicles near the end of the day today, and they don’t have time to detail and deliver all of them tomorrow. As a result, they are hoping to re-schedule some deliveries for Friday and Saturday. In your case, you’ll be out of the country on Saturday, so they quickly moved your delivery back to its original time slot. Somebody else will get bumped to Saturday!
You are probably right. Things are hectic right now so it got my adrenaline going

So my EDD just went from Sept 9-Sept 22 to Sept 25-October 9.

How do you get premium audio? There is no option….. I upgraded to white interior, but I think that still is standard audio.
Premium audio only comes with the Long Range version. You can get the 4 tweeters activated though by either a DIY kit or going to a car audio installer familiar with Teslas.

Any possible insight to if I may finally be receiving my VIN? Ordered MSM w/black interior end of October of 2021 with an EDD of January 2022.. went through the typical EDD changes and then end of July I got my first 2 week window with an EDD starting for first week of August. First EDD date came, no VIN still & EDD got pushed out about the 3rd day in to Sept-Oct. Fast forward to last Friday, received a txt about trade in. No trade needed as I’ll be paying cash. Soon after that text my EDD changed to Sept 3-17. Still no VIN.. more likely to receive another EDD push huh? All the needed items in the app have been done.

Any possible insight to if I may finally be receiving my VIN? Ordered MSM w/black interior end of October of 2021 with an EDD of January 2022.. went through the typical EDD changes and then end of July I got my first 2 week window with an EDD starting for first week of August. First EDD date came, no VIN still & EDD got pushed out about the 3rd day in to Sept-Oct. Fast forward to last Friday, received a txt about trade in. No trade needed as I’ll be paying cash. Soon after that text my EDD changed to Sept 3-17. Still no VIN.. more likely to receive another EDD push huh? All the needed items in the app have been done.
You're in California and have been waiting for almost a year?? Woah!

update:
OD: 3/16/2022
EDD: 9/04-9/07
VIN was assigned a couple weeks ago. Just paid off the balance and uploaded insurance info (for now all I have is a copy of the insurance binder). Do I have to sign the MVPA?

My local agent told me we were waiting for the car to be shipped from California...not sure if itʻs currently on the ship or on the next ship...I will probably not make my EDD but will be happy to be surprised.
EDD changed to 9/01-9/05. Tomorrow's the first day of my EDD but no hard reservation yet. IDK if it's even on the island yet. 🤷🏻‍♂️