Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Alright so I need some advice. There’s a 2019 Model 3 SR+ for sale with only 19,000 miles on it at my local Hyundai dealership. It ends up being $7,000 cheaper than getting a new RWD. It’s not the color I prefer, but it’ll save me a ton of money. Thoughts?
with SR+ youʻll gain slightly faster 0-60...fog lights...slightly larger frunk...

but with RWD you get the full warranty...LFP battery...remote/auto rear trunk...heat pump and heated seats...double paned windows...matrix headlights...ryzen processor...

iʻm sure iʻve missed a bunch of stuff, too. unless the SR+ comes with FSD (and you want FSD), i donʻt know if thatʻs worth $7k, but itʻs whatever you find worth it.

Alright so I need some advice. There’s a 2019 Model 3 SR+ for sale with only 19,000 miles on it at my local Hyundai dealership. It ends up being $7,000 cheaper than getting a new RWD. It’s not the color I prefer, but it’ll save me a ton of money. Thoughts?
The 2019 doesn't come with the heat pump, so the range is really degraded in colder weather. It also doesn't have the LFP batteries, so the amount of charge cycles are a lot less ( and only charge to 90% regularly). You also get the Ryzen chip.
I would wait, your EDD will fly by and it'll be worth the extra money!

The 2019 doesn't come with the heat pump, so the range is really degraded in colder weather. It also doesn't have the LFP batteries, so the amount of charge cycles are a lot less ( and only charge to 90% regularly). You also get the Ryzen chip.
I would wait, your EDD will fly by and it'll be worth the extra money!
Thanks for the good advice! You guys are right, I’ll wait it out for a brand new one!

So I'll add to the slew of improved estimated delivery dates. This just showed up today .. new EDD 30 Sep to 28 Oct. I was actually hoping my EDD would move into 2023 so I could get a 23 model year... hoping there may be some improvements. But I don't want the new steering wheel if that is really a new thing. Who knows. I can always sell it in a year if there is a true upgrade to the M3.

I also ordered (and paid for) the mobile connector with the 14-50 adaptor back in Jun and never got it. I don't have any need for the one with the stand 110V adaptor. Anyone know how to get Tesla to ship me what I paid for?
i ordered my mobile kit a few days ago when they sent me the code for a free one...got an email today that it shipped. it's supposed to come with the 14-50 as well, so we'll see. i'll most likely get the wall connector anyway since i'm having a 14-50 receptacle installed...but good to have the mobile kit to leave in the car.

Reactions: RichAZ/CapeCod
So I'll add to the slew of improved estimated delivery dates. This just showed up today .. new EDD 30 Sep to 28 Oct. I was actually hoping my EDD would move into 2023 so I could get a 23 model year... hoping there may be some improvements. But I don't want the new steering wheel if that is really a new thing. Who knows. I can always sell it in a year if there is a true upgrade to the M3.

I also ordered (and paid for) the mobile connector with the 14-50 adaptor back in Jun and never got it. I don't have any need for the one with the stand 110V adaptor. Anyone know how to get Tesla to ship me what I paid for?
Tesla is ahead of the game on many fronts but this is one area they suck, their accessories shop. As soon as you place the order you are being charged, regardless of when it will ship. From there you have no other information about the potential ship date...until it ships. ANY companies that claims to have an online shop should register to a Amazon 101 training class. The area Amazon impresses me the most is with returns. As soon as the postal service scans your parcel you get a credit notification. The whole buy and return process is so perfect that all others should line-up on that.

Scheduled delivery this morning!! In Las Vegas:)

Specs: RWD, MSM, white interior, aero wheels, no FSD. Order date 5/29

Vin assigned the morning. Came out of nowhere!! Initial EDD was Oct 2-Nov 3. For the last three months it stayed that way. Then about two weeks ago it moved up a little, first EDD change September 29 -Nov 3. Mildly exciting. This past Wednesday it moved into my first two week window showing sept 14-sept 28. That got me excited. I set my financing to cash, until i got my vin, because i know the EDD changes and you can’t finalize financing without a vin, this may or may not have impacted the reservation. Not sure. This morning i received my Vin. I scheduled my delivery with a Tesla rep for September 7. On cloud 9. Good luck everyone!

Scheduled delivery this morning!! In Las Vegas:)

Specs: RWD, MSM, white interior, aero wheels, no FSD. Order date 5/29

Vin assigned the morning. Came out of nowhere!! Initial EDD was Oct 2-Nov 3. For the last three months it stayed that way. Then about two weeks ago it moved up a little, first EDD change September 29 -Nov 3. Mildly exciting. This past Wednesday it moved into my first two week window showing sept 14-sept 28. That got me excited. I set my financing to cash, until i got my vin, because i know the EDD changes and you can’t finalize financing without a vin, this may or may not have impacted the reservation. Not sure. This morning i received my Vin. I scheduled my delivery with a Tesla rep for September 7. On cloud 9. Good luck everyone!

OD 5/4 Blue, aero wheels, white interior, no FSD.

Ohio

Got my Vin today
Delivery is 9/4-9/8
Congrats and obligatory "f**k you" to you both! My EDD hasn't changed in a month. OD 6/12, EDD 11/10-12/22

Reactions: kugino
OD 4/7/22, EDD still unchanged at Oct 22-Nov26. White/Black/Aero/no FSD
So I was wondering if I've done something to make my wait longer by not filling in the trade on part of my Tesla account yet? Under "Prepare For Delivery" I have the personal details and all but haven't done the trade in yet (because I thought why would it matter so early). But does it help to go ahead and fill it in?

OD 4/7/22, EDD still unchanged at Oct 22-Nov26. White/Black/Aero/no FSD
So I was wondering if I've done something to make my wait longer by not filling in the trade on part of my Tesla account yet? Under "Prepare For Delivery" I have the personal details and all but haven't done the trade in yet (because I thought why would it matter so early). But does it help to go ahead and fill it in?
I have the same question. Nearly same specs, also unchanged EDD for awhile. OD 4/27, Silver/Black/Aero/no FSD with an EDD of Oct 19-Nov23.

Ok... so just the next day my EDD moved up again another 2 weeks! It is now 17 Sep to 1 Oct. That is a ~ month acceleration in 2 days. I have to admit I was not thinking or planning to get this car in a few weeks. I have some work to do that I had not been expecting to do until Oct at the earliest. I wonder if this is because Freemont is trying to clear out some of the RWD backlog, or China shipped more battery packs after the shutdown. But this is now getting real for me. So now I need to get my trade in fixed up and look into selling it.

Regarding the potential of the tax credit even if I could have delayed delivery until 1 Jan.... first I don't think this car will qualify for it since the battery is built in China. But 2nd I think I recall that you can only claim this tax credit once, and since it now runs for 10 years, it is very likely I'd claim the credit on my 2nd EV, not this 1st EV. Maybe someone can confirm that you can only claim this once.

Ok... so just the next day my EDD moved up again another 2 weeks! It is now 17 Sep to 1 Oct. That is a ~ month acceleration in 2 days. I have to admit I was not thinking or planning to get this car in a few weeks. I have some work to do that I had not been expecting to do until Oct at the earliest. I wonder if this is because Freemont is trying to clear out some of the RWD backlog, or China shipped more battery packs after the shutdown. But this is now getting real for me. So now I need to get my trade in fixed up and look into selling it.

Regarding the potential of the tax credit even if I could have delayed delivery until 1 Jan.... first I don't think this car will qualify for it since the battery is built in China. But 2nd I think I recall that you can only claim this tax credit once, and since it now runs for 10 years, it is very likely I'd claim the credit on my 2nd EV, not this 1st EV. Maybe someone can confirm that you can only claim this once.
i donʻt believe itʻs limited to just once...itʻs per vehicle. so you could potentially get it every year if you bought a new EV every year...or 10 in one year if you bought 10 cars in one year (assuming you have a tax liability that high)...

i ordered my mobile kit a few days ago when they sent me the code for a free one..
I just received my code as well. Went into the Tesla shopping site for the Mobile Connector to order one and can't find a place to indicate they should not charge me for the connector.

Please let me know how you managed to order one without giving Tesla your credit card info!?!

Thanks,

Rich

I just received my code as well. Went into the Tesla shopping site for the Mobile Connector to order one and can't find a place to indicate they should not charge me for the connector.

Please let me know how you managed to order one without giving Tesla your credit card info!?!

Thanks,

Rich
How does one get this code? Is it based on order date? I planned on buying a mobile connector, but now wonder if I will also be receiving a code? Thanks so much!

Thanks,

Rich
Put your cc info in and then the next screen you can enter your code and it will remove the charge and the tax.

I officially changed my color to Pearl White. The recent heat here in So Cal has reminded me how painful it can be to have a dark colored car. I currently have a dark gray Prius Prime and I thought I was going to burst in flames from how hot it was inside my car after a quick Target run lol 🥵🥵
I’m in the Phoenix area and have a White/White MY and just took delivery last week of a White/white M3. Before I got my MY (2021), I was bummed because Tesla does not offer ventilated seats. What I soon learned, is that the air conditioning in a Tesla is like nothing I have ever experienced in a car. It is INSTANT cold. No waiting for the stupid engine to do it’s thing. And the coolest feature? When I am packing up to go home from work, or checking out at a store, I can turn the A/C on from my app and it’s 75 degrees in my car when I get there - in freaking July! I will NEVER have a gas car again.