Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Doesn't work for me on any browser, unfortunately -- it just takes me to my account page, and when I click on my order I can only "view design details" rather than edit anything. I called my SC last week and they unlocked my order so that I could change from MSM to Blue in the hopes of accelerating my EDD and that worked. Not sure why some can edit their orders online easily without intervention from Tesla and others can't, but that does seem to be the case...
It's probably because it turned into a link. Log into your account on a separate tab, copy and paste the text below (add an h at the beginning) and modify your RN# then paste it into your logged in tab

ttps://www.tesla.com//teslaaccount/edit-design/RN123456789

Reactions: IndyGopher
It's probably because it turned into a link. Log into your account on a separate tab, copy and paste the text below (add an h at the beginning) and modify your RN# then paste it into your logged in tab

ttps://www.tesla.com//teslaaccount/edit-design/RN123456789
Whoa, it worked this time when I did it exactly like you laid out here. Still took me to a generic log-in page like it was doing, but it went straight to the configurator this time rather than my account homepage. Thanks! I'm not planning to modify it again since I like the idea of blue, but it's great to have this info!

Good question above. Also, once you setup your delivery date, do they send you a text as to when the vehicle has left the factory, when it arrives at the destination, etc?
They should have sent you one before you picked a delivery date via text stating your car has shipped and ask you to schedule a delivery day in the app, doesn’t mean they won’t send it before it’s shipped. But it’ll give you like three days to chose from and times. My delivery day is the 23rd at 11 am which is why I was wondering if it can be sooner if there were no delays another reason I was trying to see if they can locate to get an accurate idea. You’ll need to have proof of insurance and finance at least 3 days before you accept delivery. (Per Tesla SA) if you’ve scheduled your almost there!

Doesn't work for me on any browser, unfortunately -- it just takes me to my account page, and when I click on my order I can only "view design details" rather than edit anything. I called my SC last week and they unlocked my order so that I could change from MSM to Blue in the hopes of accelerating my EDD and that worked. Not sure why some can edit their orders online easily without intervention from Tesla and others can't, but that does seem to be the case..
Use Microsoft edge.

Log into your tesla account. Go to the "manage vehicle" link. THEN change the URL to the first one linked in this reddit post. Replace the Xs with your RN (leave RN before the number)

• Helpful
OMG what happened? I just ordered my model 3 like 10 days ago.
Order date: 09/04/2022
1st EDD: Oct-Dec 2022
2st EDD on Sept 6: Nov 15-Dec 17
3rd EDD on Sept 11: Oct 17- Nov 21
4th EDD on Sept 14: Sept 16- Sept 28

RWD/ Pear White/ 19’’ Wheel/ B&W Interior/ No FSD
Wow that's wild -- and a lot of people here are gonna be rather irritated 😂 I haven't been around long, but it seems either you're in California and benefiting from the end of quarter sales push or somebody in your town cancelled the exact same spec you ordered so it's going to you. Congrats.

Reactions: Bricktopshog
Wow that's wild -- and a lot of people here are gonna be rather irritated 😂 I haven't been around long, but it seems either you're in California and benefiting from the end of quarter sales push or somebody in your town cancelled the exact same spec you ordered so it's going to you. Congrats.
Thx! You are right. I’m in California and probably this is the reason.

M3 SR+ Blue in North California:

Order Date - April 2, 2022
Original EDD June-Aug
Moved to July-Sept
Then moved to Aug-Sept
Then to Sept 21 - Nov 02
~Aug 1 change - Sept 14-Sept 28
~Aug 5 change - Aug 14-Aug 28
~Aug 12 change - Sept 18-Oct 12
~Sep 5 change - Sept 17-Oct 1

Wild changes. I hope the quarter end is going to help my case. :)

Last edited:
I got an email just now with the coupon code for a free mobile adaptor or 200$ off of a wall charger. Since I already bought the wall charger I ordered the mobile one.

Interestingly, the email said this too: “Note: Vehicle orders placed after April 28, 2022 will not include a Mobile Connector with delivery.”

I ordered mine on 4/27…. 👏👏👏
Just updating everyone: Sunday, I uploaded proof of insurance. Then paid in the app. Texted my SA and updated them on these developments hoping for a sooner delivery date. (I had gotten a text last week saying they could “tentatively” schedule it for 9/18 at noon…) A few mins later, I got a text asking me to schedule delivery. Sadly, nothing available anytime sooner, just an hour later lol. Anyway delivery “officially” scheduled for 9/18 at 1 pm now but they said they’d reach out sooner if it’s ready sooner.

Oh and also, mobile connector shipped this morning! Very much looking forward to Sunday. 😊

Update on my Mobile Connector. I had ordered it when I ordered the car on 5 Jun. Paid at the time. It never shipped. I e-mailed Tesla Orders and they never responded (not surprising). I cancelled the order on 8 Sept and re-ordered it again the same day along with the Garage Door Opener. I got the refund from the cancellation pretty quickly. I got a shipping notice for the Garage Door Opener on 10 Sep with arrival on 16 Sept. And I just got a shipping notice on the Mobile Charger on 14 Sept with a 20 Sept delivery date. 3 days after I pick up the car. Here is an observation.... the Mobile Connecter shipped a day after I completed paying for the car. So maybe they are holding this from shipping until I paid? Or that was a coincidence? I do have a Wall Connector so charging is not an issue but most people don't get both. I wish Tesla would inform customers what is going on with these Mobile Connectors that people ordered when the ordered the car. It did show up in my Shop account, but it never turned into a shipped order. Would it have been for pickup when I get the car?

OD Mid March 2022. RWD white, black, upgraded wheels. Estimated EDD dates since March have been all over the place. Last EDD updated mid August was Sept 9 to October 7th.

Then on Sept 7 th the EDD changed to Sept 15th to Sept 29th.

Next day I received the following text:

Hi we currently plan to build and deliver your Tesla Model 3 in September.

Please log in to your Tesla Account and make sure your pre-delivery tasks are complete and correct. We will contact you about scheduling your delivery once your Model 3 is built.

I was ready to cancel the model 3. Give me too much time and I will come up with something different. To get my interest back went today and did a long test drive. Now I’m a little torn on what to do. Maybe 50/50 to cancel.

OD Mid March 2022. RWD white, black, upgraded wheels. Estimated EDD dates since March have been all over the place. Last EDD updated mid August was Sept 9 to October 7th.

Then on Sept 7 th the EDD changed to Sept 15th to Sept 29th.

Next day I received the following text:

Hi we currently plan to build and deliver your Tesla Model 3 in September.

Please log in to your Tesla Account and make sure your pre-delivery tasks are complete and correct. We will contact you about scheduling your delivery once your Model 3 is built.

I was ready to cancel the model 3. Give me too much time and I will come up with something different. To get my interest back went today and did a long test drive. Now I’m a little torn on what to do. Maybe 50/50 to cancel.
I’m getting the same message. This morning my EDD was also updated to the 18th to the 28th. This is my first narrowing of the two week window of 14-28th.

One thing you can do is call a dealership and ask what the computer says about a guesstimate for your Vin date. I walked into dealership in Santa Monica and a rep told me that the system guesses I will receive my VIN on the 19th. So far my updates are tracking in that direction.

SoCal
OD May 2nd
white on white with aero wheels