Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We ordered a M3 SR+ on March 24th with an initial EDD in March (!) then in April, then it was delayed to something like June 1-30, then back to May 16-30, and currently it's June 9-21. Quite some shifts! But when we ordered, they told us it would take anywhere between 3 weeks and 3 months; looks like the latter.
Interestingly, according to Teslike Model 3 survey, no Canadians who ordered since March got their car yet. In the USA, people who ordered their M3 mid-April already got it.

We ordered a M3 SR+ on March 24th with an initial EDD in March (!) then in April, then it was delayed to something like June 1-30, then back to May 16-30, and currently it's June 9-21. Quite some shifts! But when we ordered, they told us it would take anywhere between 3 weeks and 3 months; looks like the latter.
Interestingly, according to Teslike Model 3 survey, no Canadians who ordered since March got their car yet. In the USA, people who ordered their M3 mid-April already got it.
Yeah cause I guess around april is when they decided to prioritize Fremont M3s to the US and switch to Chinese made models for Canada. The first ship with Chinese made teslas just arrived near Vancouver and is waiting to dock and unload. People who are in BC still have EDD of May 16th to 30th while anyone in Toronto or Quebec has an edd of June 6th to 20th. It seems like it would take them almost a month to get from Vancouver to Toronto lol

Reactions: Tharilian and fsch
It's just crazy to me that when they were coming from Fremont it'd take about 2 weeks for the car to get to Quebec and from BC it'd take a whole month ? Unless a second ship is coming at the end of May ?
BC to QC is travelling from West to East. Fremont to QC is going from South to North. The sun goes from East to West, so maybe BC is the oddity in all these. Next time China should ship the cars to Montreal, and follow the sun trajectory. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Esan na
It's just crazy to me that when they were coming from Fremont it'd take about 2 weeks for the car to get to Quebec and from BC it'd take a whole month ? Unless a second ship is coming at the end of May ?
I doubt it’s coming in a second, anything extra in the current ship (model y rwd and model 3 LR) has already been added and is being sold as exiting inventory. So I called to ask about this and they said it’s coming in the same batch as mines.

But if the car has been produced and has arrived in BC, then why haven't we been assigned a VIN yet ?
What is your current EDD?

Anyone with an EDD of June 6th-20th (Toronto and Quebec) and May 16th to 30th (BC) have their vehicles on the ship ready to be unloaded and VIN in the source code. Any other Edd is probably waiting for a different ship. I think the VIN would actually show up on the order page once the vehicle is on the way to the Tesla showroom or ready for delivery. Also only certain colors are arriving in the current batch, I don’t know what they are for the model 3 but for the Y they are red, black and white.

Last edited:
What is your current EDD?

Anyone with an EDD of June 6th-20th (Toronto and Quebec) and May 16th to 30th (BC) have their vehicles on the ship ready to be unloaded and VIN in the source code. Any other Edd is probably waiting for a different ship. I think the VIN would actually show up on the order page once the vehicle is on the way to the Tesla showroom or ready for delivery. Also only certain colors are arriving in the current batch, I don’t know what they are for the model 3 but for the Y they are red, black and white.
Current EDD is still June 11th-30th and we ordered on April 18th

How do you call them? When I call it's just an automated service and no matter what i press I can't get a human.
So I just call my local Tesla showroom but it’s probably the same for all. First press 1 for vehicles, then 2 for new car deliveries. There should be an automated message about registration info, just wait through it and eventually it will ask you to say what you need help with. Say “connect me to an agent” and it will first connect you to the specific showroom you called and if no one picks up it will transfer you to an agent somewhere else.