Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am returning my Q50 lease today :( It's been nearly 7 weeks since I ordered my M3... I never thought I'd have to wait this long..:eek: And it could be another month (I got a text on the 23rd saying 1-5 more weeks for delivery)... I had a great deal in place for the Alfa Romeo Guilia at the end of the year but I decided to wait for the M3... I hope it'll be worth it!

Same config as you.
I spoke to someone from Tesla yesterday and they said they would expect that I would get the car within a week or two... I asked if it could be 4 weeks or more (since I had gotten my text saying 1-5 week for delivery last week) and he thought the chances of that happening were "slim"... Now I'm wondering if he really knew what he was talking about or it'll be end of February for me as well... :(

I placed my order for my White/Black SR+ w/FSD on Jan 1st in Toronto, Canada. Website estimate said 5-8 weeks, SA at Tesla was saying 8-12. Got a text last week on Jan 24th saying 3-5 weeks. Spoke to my SA yesterday who said I still have no VIN but they are expecting a batch of cars in Toronto much earlier than expected and if I got a text I am apparently intended to be part of that group, she said hopefully I would get it before the end of February. Been furiously checking my source code for VIN but nothing yet. :(

I placed my order for my White/Black SR+ w/FSD on Jan 1st in Toronto, Canada. Website estimate said 5-8 weeks, SA at Tesla was saying 8-12. Got a text last week on Jan 24th saying 3-5 weeks. Spoke to my SA yesterday who said I still have no VIN but they are expecting a batch of cars in Toronto much earlier than expected and if I got a text I am apparently intended to be part of that group, she said hopefully I would get it before the end of February. Been furiously checking my source code for VIN but nothing yet. :(
I think we'll probably be in the same batch then, I hope.
Dec 30th, Toronto Lawrence same car (minus fsd).

I think we'll probably be in the same batch then, I hope.
Dec 30th, Toronto Lawrence same car (minus fsd).

Interesting though that your text was 4-9 weeks and mine was 3-5 and you ordered a day before me. Are you actually picking up at Tesla Lawrence or are you having it shipped to Ottawa? Maybe that's it. Or maybe buying FSD gets some kind of priority.

Reactions: Imaginathan
Same except black on black config and no FSD. Ordered 12/8 at the Lawrence location, got the same text same day. They told me that if our sales associate had us go ahead and fill out the finance application , then they would expect it anytime now. I honestly think none of them really know for sure and they are just playing their customer service game, but they can be quite frustrating to get a firm answer.

Interesting though that your text was 4-9 weeks and mine was 3-5 and you ordered a day before me. Are you actually picking up at Tesla Lawrence or are you having it shipped to Ottawa? Maybe that's it. Or maybe buying FSD gets some kind of priority.
Yeah, the extra week I think is probably for shipping. The end date being longer is probably since delivery could be halted to wait for a few more cars to ship (to save on their costs) I assume.

What trim did you get? Ordered mine on Dec 31st. MSM black 18 aero. No text and radio silence since I got financing. Also in Van.
Sr+ pearl white , black interior, 19” sport wheels.
Arranged financing through van city credit union.
Very surprised that it took so little time as it said expected 8-10 weeks! Must have lucked out on a mass delivery of pre ordered common models I’m guessing.
The toughest part was letting it go, after an hour of possession, to get that xpel PPF wrap ( full front , rockers, rear splash and luggage protection)
Should have her back by Wednesday :)
Gotta day that I’m pretty sure the wife and I have never felt so much excitement about purchasing a “thing” ever!
Good luck everyone, hope you get yours very soon!

Reactions: Imaginathan
Sr+ pearl white , black interior, 19” sport wheels.
Arranged financing through van city credit union.
Very surprised that it took so little time as it said expected 8-10 weeks! Must have lucked out on a mass delivery of pre ordered common models I’m guessing.
The toughest part was letting it go, after an hour of possession, to get that xpel PPF wrap ( full front , rockers, rear splash and luggage protection)
Should have her back by Wednesday :)
Gotta day that I’m pretty sure the wife and I have never felt so much excitement about purchasing a “thing” ever!
Good luck everyone, hope you get yours very soon!
When did u order?