Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Im super interested to hear how the improved range impacts actual real world use. Probably not much of a difference but my wallet is pulling for the SR+ when I know getting the LR is probably the better move for me since Im gonna do only city driving and unable to charge at home.

Im super interested to hear how the improved range impacts actual real world use. Probably not much of a difference but my wallet is pulling for the SR+ when I know getting the LR is probably the better move for me since Im gonna do only city driving and unable to charge at home.
I’m in the same boat! My range anxiety is actually making me consider canceling my SR+ order as I live in a place with cold winters and no home charging, only access to Superchargers and a L2 at work. Ugh!

I’m in the same boat! My range anxiety is actually making me consider canceling my SR+ order as I live in a place with cold winters and no home charging, only access to Superchargers and a L2 at work. Ugh!
take my advice, go for the long range man. the SR+ is great for warm climates, but winter range is pretty bad. heat pump can help for sure, but it wont really keep the cells too warm which hurts the range a lot already.

Reactions: zerb012345
You have to ask yourself “how much am I driving?” The Sr+IMO has plenty of range. For me
personally, the SR+ is my weekend car. However, I’m not doing 200 mile daily commutes. I don’t plan doing long road trips with it, I’ll just rent or fly(like I normally do). There are plenty of options for charging. The SR+ checked all my boxes. I’d rather save that 9k and put it to something more useful.

take my advice, go for the long range man. the SR+ is great for warm climates, but winter range is pretty bad. heat pump can help for sure, but it wont really keep the cells too warm which hurts the range a lot already.

You have to ask yourself “how much am I driving?” The Sr+IMO has plenty of range. For me
personally, the SR+ is my weekend car. However, I’m not doing 200 mile daily commutes. I don’t plan doing long road trips with it, I’ll just rent or fly(like I normally do). There are plenty of options for charging. The SR+ checked all my boxes. I’d rather save that 9k and put it to something more useful.

My daily commute will be 50ish miles but when you hear of people getting less than 100 miles in the winter on a charge that hurts. That doesn’t leave much for errands and other personal driving. I can’t say I’m not worried about the summer either with people saying they’re seeing only 160-170 miles compared to the rated 250 (well, now 263.)

I guess I just need to really evaluate where I normally go (or would like to go) and the charging options in all areas.

My daily commute will be 50ish miles but when you hear of people getting less than 100 miles in the winter on a charge that hurts. That doesn’t leave much for errands and other personal driving. I can’t say I’m not worried about the summer either with people saying they’re seeing only 160-170 miles compared to the rated 250 (well, now 263.)

I guess I just need to really evaluate where I normally go (or would like to go) and the charging options in all areas.
160-170 during the summer? I’m not sure about that. I’m looking at my charge now and if I decided to fully charge it, it says it would be near 240.

Talk to owners who have the Sr+ that live in a colder climate. I’m in LA, so, it isn’t bad for me at all. So, I say range anxiety is a myth.

I’d also say if you’re not going to have a charge port at home, find some type of routine where you can park your car and go shopping or work. Find something where you can charge your car where you’ll be good for for a few days. It is all about planning ahead.

Best of luck.

Ordered Model 3 SR+ , white with black interior on Oct 21. No sales rep as reached out to me yet. And no delivery time frame is noted on my order. Is this normal? Does a sales rep only contact you once you have a VIN available? I’m in Hawaii so our nearest Tesla sales center is on another island.

I tried contacting Tesla support to find out at least a delivery time frame and they just told me that whatever time frame that was stated when placing my order is what I should go by. 5-9 weeks.

Ordered Model 3 SR+ , white with black interior on Oct 21. No sales rep as reached out to me yet. And no delivery time frame is noted on my order. Is this normal? Does a sales rep only contact you once you have a VIN available? I’m in Hawaii so our nearest Tesla sales center is on another island.

I tried contacting Tesla support to find out at least a delivery time frame and they just told me that whatever time frame that was stated when placing my order is what I should go by. 5-9 weeks.
Prepare for radio silence. This is how Tesla operates for the most part. I placed my order on August 11th and I didn’t get any information from a SA until a few days before my car was delivered. I had to continuously call to see what was happening. Us folks on the West had to sit around and wait.

I'm kind of in the same boat. Made my original order on 8/2.

Updated exterior color and received new Order Agreement on 9/18.

Received a VIN and delivery for 9/27. Pushed it back, since financing and CVAP grant wasn't ready.

Updated interior material on 9/29. Received new Order Agreement.

M3 2021 version announced, and I made a new update to capture this refresh on 10/19, since my online portal still showed the 2020 model. Received new Order Agreement.

I really hope I get my M3 before December, given my financing expires on 12/15.

Sigh.