Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well I officially just sold my current car today. Now just waiting to take delivery of my new SR+. Hopefully I will it won't be too much longer to wait for the west coast. I'm glad I didn't sell my car before. I was so excited when I placed the order over a month ago thinking I would possible get it with in the 4 week range.

A bunch of sr+ with white interior got uploaded to socal inventory, hopefully this means our black interior sr+ are next!

Congrats!

On Friday - my white/white Sr+ was in Chicago and needed to head to Cleveland. I drove by the dealership Saturday afternoon and the semi was empty, except for one white/white (last one coming off the truck)- hoping it’s mine. Delivery has been scheduled for tomorrow for about 2 weeks now..hope they all and say come get it today.

Congrats! Come back and share how the appointment went - I’m supposed to pick up there later this month...!

The car is great, so far. inspected fit and finish, tires, interior at Tyson's Corner T. It's Midnight Silver and didn't see any paint flaws...yet. The delivery experience however sucked! I was rushed through way too quickly. I mean, that's great news for corporate that they're selling cars so quickly (mostly M3s) - there must have been at least 15 other customers taking delivery just in the 45 minutes I was there but only two delivery personal to handle all that traffic. Not good. The other thing that was not good is it was not fully charged (39%). That might be fine for most, but we live in Haymarket, VA - quite a drive from the dealer...but I did have enough charge to get home. Fortunately, I probably didn't need as much training as most as I've had two Volts since 2012 and the dealer let me take an M3 over night a couple months ago. I've already installed several accessories - TopFit floor mats and trunk and frunk (although the frunk was too large - is that because T changed the shape/size recently? Added the aluminum gas/brake pedal, and the CupHolderHero rubber accessories. LOVE THE CAR!

Reactions: HTWOMS
The car is great, so far. inspected fit and finish, tires, interior at Tyson's Corner T. It's Midnight Silver and didn't see any paint flaws...yet. The delivery experience however sucked! I was rushed through way too quickly. I mean, that's great news for corporate that they're selling cars so quickly (mostly M3s) - there must have been at least 15 other customers taking delivery just in the 45 minutes I was there but only two delivery personal to handle all that traffic. Not good. The other thing that was not good is it was not fully charged (39%). That might be fine for most, but we live in Haymarket, VA - quite a drive from the dealer...but I did have enough charge to get home. Fortunately, I probably didn't need as much training as most as I've had two Volts since 2012 and the dealer let me take an M3 over night a couple months ago. I've already installed several accessories - TopFit floor mats and trunk and frunk (although the frunk was too large - is that because T changed the shape/size recently? Added the aluminum gas/brake pedal, and the CupHolderHero rubber accessories. LOVE THE CAR!

Congrats, although the news about the Tysons Tyco SC isn't great, because that's where I have to go too...

So no (visibly) assigned VIN or MVPA, but my account now states:
"Estimated Delivery: September 04 - September 18"

Pretty sure I checked yesterday and was still saying "3-5 weeks from order date"...

I'm in TX...last update I had gotten was a text on 9/2 stating 2-4 weeks. Not sure that my car is gonna get here in 4 days but who knows!!!

Does anyone know the significance of the ETA text disappearing above the “We will reach out to you” statement?

I know some users have experienced this and it just happened to me logging in this morning.

I’m guessing they could be repopulating that text field like they did with Siromnom above ^^

Attachments

• 1E96825C-EBA7-4B61-AECF-417FE7BEE0B7.png
    1E96825C-EBA7-4B61-AECF-417FE7BEE0B7.png
    344.7 KB · Views: 66
Does anyone know the significance of the ETA text disappearing above the “We will reach out to you” statement?

I know some users have experienced this and it just happened to me logging in this morning.

I’m guessing they could be repopulating that text field like they did with Siromnom above ^^
Posting the exact same message in three different threads isn't gonna do you any good

My delivery scheduled on 09/18. Just got a call it’s arrived on service centre and I can pick it up earlier.

I ordered on 08/14, vin got assigned on 08/27.

It took almost 5 weeks, SR +, white on black. I am in East Cost MD

Apologize in advance if this is posted somewhere else ...

Learned today - from my local Service Center- that Tesla doesn’t own their own trucking/transport company after the car arrives to a Tesla hub. They rely on “transport contractors” to pick up the cars from the hub... and “if you have ever worked with contractors, not always the most timely.”

This explanation could shed some light on the difference between delivery times for us regardless of our order date. At least I put my mind at ease.

If vehicle pick up has already been scheduled, is it too late to upgrade the rim package? Really liking the upgraded wheels, and wish I had upgraded when placing my order. Wondering if the service center where I will be picking up my car has the ability/inventory to do the swap.