Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SR/SR+ (Model 3 RWD) Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just placed my order today! First time ordering a Tesla. I’ve been planning to do it for a while, but the recent, sudden existence of the MY SR really had me wavering for a couple of days. Finally just decided to commit and go for the 3. I only ever got to test drive the Performance and the LR though. The Performance was the first Tesla I’ve ever driven, and I did not expect the acceleration and braking to be that strong at all. I actually thought I killed the Tesla rep sitting next to me when his neck snapped back. The car was way too powerful for me. The second time was more recent, contactless and all that. They did not have SR+ as an option though, only LR. Again, it felt like more power than I needed, but much more reasonable. I know the SR+ will be slower, but I hope it's still somewhat fun. I wish LR RWD was still an option, because that would be perfect imo. Anyway, really excited!

4 hours after I placed this order, I got a VIN and a delivery estimate for Jan 11-13. Originally, it had a date in March. The next day, I got a text asking me to schedule delivery to my home. I was very confused since I indicated I would like to pick it up at Burbank. Anyway, I was not ready at that point (don't have the downpayment together yet), so I called Tesla. Surprisingly, I got someone on the phone in about 3 minutes. I told him my situation, and he asked me when I will be ready. I said the orignal estimate for sometime in March would be fine, and he said no problem, he would take care of it. So soon after, the VIN and date disappeared. Now my account no longer has an estimated date range at all. It just says "We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date. Delivery time frame is based on order date, profile submission, delivery location and vehicle configuration." Where it used to say March is blank. In the "Selected Delivery Location" field, it used to say Burbank, and now it's just blank. Will I have to call them to get a new delivery date/location or will they just know somehow as March gets nearer to update my account? Is this going to delay the order somehow, because I did get the CVAP grant which is time sensitive (expires April).

Is this going to delay the order somehow, because I did get the CVAP grant which is time sensitive (expires April).

Well you just bumped yourself off an in inventory car onto a built car. So it looks like you'll be matched with a VIN when cars roll off the assembly line for California in a month or two.

I also used my CVAP but I rushed to get an inventory car 2 weeks ago because I was worried waiting for delivery on a custom build could bump it out of the CVAP time frame of 120 days. Also if you qualified for the CVAP you'd also qualify to get $4500 instead of $2000 in the other rebate as well, but it's gotta be done before the next tax return.

4 hours after I placed this order, I got a VIN and a delivery estimate for Jan 11-13. Originally, it had a date in March. The next day, I got a text asking me to schedule delivery to my home. I was very confused since I indicated I would like to pick it up at Burbank. Anyway, I was not ready at that point (don't have the downpayment together yet), so I called Tesla. Surprisingly, I got someone on the phone in about 3 minutes. I told him my situation, and he asked me when I will be ready. I said the orignal estimate for sometime in March would be fine, and he said no problem, he would take care of it. So soon after, the VIN and date disappeared. Now my account no longer has an estimated date range at all. It just says "We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date. Delivery time frame is based on order date, profile submission, delivery location and vehicle configuration." Where it used to say March is blank. In the "Selected Delivery Location" field, it used to say Burbank, and now it's just blank. Will I have to call them to get a new delivery date/location or will they just know somehow as March gets nearer to update my account? Is this going to delay the order somehow, because I did get the CVAP grant which is time sensitive (expires April).

This same thing happened to me. I ordered a LR on new years day, i got matched with a VIN right away and got a call to schedule pickup at the local service center on 1/4. I told them, like you, i was expecting late Feb or March for delivery so they unpaired me with the VIN and put my order on hold, which is what i think they did for you. Sometimes you get matched right away because they still have inventory in you area from the previous quarters deliveries that matches what you ordered, they put you on hold until that inventory is sold then "reopen" your order so you get matched in the next batch of vehicles. I emailed my sales rep a couple weeks ago to check and he "opened my account back up" and now i see a delivery window but its from today (keeps rolling back when i check each day) to March 26. Not sure why the front of the delivery window is screwed up but whatever. Anyway if they dont proactively reach out to you in a couple week try calling back and asking if its time to reopen your account

I know the SR+ will be slower, but I hope it's still somewhat fun. I wish LR RWD was still an option, because that would be perfect imo. Anyway, really excited!

Too bad u didn't get your downpayment ready. I ordered on Jan 9th and got the car on the 16th (it could've been ready on the 13th but I was busy). Used CVAP as well. SR+ is still very very fast, the instant response makes it feel faster than normal 294hp cars. You're gonna love it!

My delivery is, according to the tesla website, still planned for "February 1 to February 28". But so far I got no VIN and no final contract after the bank accepted my contract. Shouldn´t Tesla contact me really soon as the delivery might be just weeks away since I still need the papers before the delivery?

I ordered mine on Saturday night 2/6, and it said 3/7 to 3/31, but today I got an email saying 2/17-2/28.

But I keep getting emails asking to finish with the insurance, but I can't do that without a VIN. I'm paying cash so no financing requests at least.

Ordered SR+ White on White on Jan 11, unmatched first vin (I want the new LED projector lights).
Estimated delivery range: March 1- March 30th
Updated delivery: Feb 21 - March 7

I haven't been able to stop checking my account for updates, I need to chill. :rolleyes:

That was fast. I now have a VIN and delivery is 2/22-2/26. Insurance request is pending now that I have it. And my cash is ready too.

I get the 2nd jab on the 26th too, so maybe a road trip is in order to celebrate being at least somewhat free of this disaster.

This same thing happened to me. I ordered a LR on new years day, i got matched with a VIN right away and got a call to schedule pickup at the local service center on 1/4. I told them, like you, i was expecting late Feb or March for delivery so they unpaired me with the VIN and put my order on hold, which is what i think they did for you. Sometimes you get matched right away because they still have inventory in you area from the previous quarters deliveries that matches what you ordered, they put you on hold until that inventory is sold then "reopen" your order so you get matched in the next batch of vehicles. I emailed my sales rep a couple weeks ago to check and he "opened my account back up" and now i see a delivery window but its from today (keeps rolling back when i check each day) to March 26. Not sure why the front of the delivery window is screwed up but whatever. Anyway if they dont proactively reach out to you in a couple week try calling back and asking if its time to reopen your account

How did you email your sales rep? When I spoke to the person on the phone, they didn't give me a name or anything, but he did say which store he's at. Do I just send an email to the store? He didn't explain holding and reopening the account as you've described, but it does seem like that's what happened.

Anyone else get their VIN really fast? I placed an order for my SR+ on 02/07/21 and just woke up to my VIN today 02/11/21 (4 days). My delivery date keeps changing, but its saying Feb 23 - March 01 currently. VIN # - 908xxx so Im assuming it will have the new headlights, possible heated wheel (not that I need it living in FL haha).

Reactions: TBrownTX
How did you email your sales rep? When I spoke to the person on the phone, they didn't give me a name or anything, but he did say which store he's at. Do I just send an email to the store? He didn't explain holding and reopening the account as you've described, but it does seem like that's what happened.

last fall i did a test drive of a model 3 at the King of Prussia mall (philadelphia area) and met a sales rep who gave me his contact info. After placing my order i emailed him and have continued to communicate with him as i have had questions. not sure how you would find out who your sales rep is. i would suggest just calling the service center for questions about your order. maybe you can get someone there to give you their contact info so you can email them instead of calling in

Anyone else get their VIN really fast? I placed an order for my SR+ on 02/07/21 and just woke up to my VIN today 02/11/21 (4 days). My delivery date keeps changing, but its saying Feb 23 - March 01 currently. VIN # - 908xxx so Im assuming it will have the new headlights, possible heated wheel (not that I need it living in FL haha).

From what Ive read its due to location. Im in TX, ordered 1/7/21 and my eta has moved around, but settled back to 3/4-3/31. No VIN yet.

Reactions: Half_Ghost