Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Still don’t have FSD trial.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just re-subscribed to FSD and only got 2024.2.7, which only has the beta FSD. And since beta is essentially over, there is no option to opt in anymore. So I am now paying for FSD but am not able to get the 'FSD supervised' software (2024.3.10). It's been 4 days and my car still says it has the latest software. I've been in the beta program previously, so I know my car is capable.
So I just received 2024.3.15 along with an email from Tesla that says I've got the 30 day free trial. Since I had subscribed, it was tacked to the end of my subscription, essentially giving me an extra month. HOWEVER, there is STILL no FSD (supervised) option in my Autopilot menu! I've rebooted several times to no effect. What am I missing?

For me, FSD is similar to sitting next to another person that is driving. Many times I feel that they are not driving as I would. Following too close, missing opportunities to make better time or narrowly avoiding situations that I have seen quicker than them.
Believe this is just human nature to judge others, compared to yourself, when driving.

So I just received 2024.3.15 along with an email from Tesla that says I've got the 30 day free trial. Since I had subscribed, it was tacked to the end of my subscription, essentially giving me an extra month. HOWEVER, there is STILL no FSD (supervised) option in my Autopilot menu! I've rebooted several times to no effect. What am I missing?
That is weird. What options does it show at the top of your Autopilot menu? Should show the three options at the top (TACC, Autosteer, FSD(Supervised)). Does it just say FSD(Beta) still on the right most option? If so it may just be a nomenclature misprint and selecting FSD (Beta) probably is running FSD (Supervised)??

For me, FSD is similar to sitting next to another person that is driving. Many times I feel that they are not driving as I would. Following too close, missing opportunities to make better time or narrowly avoiding situations that I have seen quicker than them.
Believe this is just human nature to judge others, compared to yourself, when driving.
Very true.
I think FSD seems pretty confident in getting one safely from point a to point b. But the way it does it just isn't comfortable to me compared to how I drive. My biggest gripe is how slow it is stopping at stop signs, creeping and finally getting going. I like how fast it does get going once it does but even that is a bit annoying as it seems to overshoot the speed it wants to settle at and does way to hard of regen to get back to its intended speed. It is also getting unnecessarily close to some right hand side curbs and bollards that have sketched me out if it is going to hit or not. Because of all that I'd just rather drive myself.

That is weird. What options does it show at the top of your Autopilot menu? Should show the three options at the top (TACC, Autosteer, FSD(Supervised)). Does it just say FSD(Beta) still on the right most option? If so it may just be a nomenclature misprint and selecting FSD (Beta) probably is running FSD (Supervised)??
It just has the TACC and Autosteer option, no 3rd option, which is what is so weird. On the software screen where it shows 11.1 and the 2024.3.15 version, there is nothing below it. I heard that those with FSD enabled has the FSD version listed below?

It just has the TACC and Autosteer option, no 3rd option, which is what is so weird. On the software screen where it shows 11.1 and the 2024.3.15 version, there is nothing below it. I heard that those with FSD enabled has the FSD version listed below?
If you have done Reset and tried Power Off in service menu and let car sleep an hour and still the same you can try and reinstall 24.3.15. That will likely fix it.

I picked up my car on January 13th and got a 90 day FSD trial via referral. A couple of weeks ago, I got updated to the latest version of FSD but didn't receive an extension to my trial. It's set to expire tomorrow so I only got to try it out for 14 days or so compared to everyone else (those who actually got the trial) who got 30 days. I love the car but this annoys me a little bit. Not even sure who to talk to about it.

Im genuinely hoping Tesla never sends me the update.

I don’t want the fsd. I actually find the 12-15k price tag for FSD insulting. Tesla should take that amount off the car price to test the product for them and provide data.
Why? You’ll have TACC and Autosteer unless you deliberately choose FSD from the Autopilot menu. You’ll never know it’s there…

2023 S LR, on 2024.8.7. No go on being available. Wife's Y on 2024.3.10 has had for over 2 weeks. Reading the release notes on the software for my car doesn't show 12.x, but for hers it does. Prior, I wrongly assumed I had it since she did (I'm dumb I guess), so I went into control-self driving and clicked the Beta-FSD. It let me. Car will not honor route and drives past any turn, then shamefully slows and wants to come to a stop. I take over obviously.

I never have gotten an email to opt in, nor did the car tell me I had the trial; should have been my first clue I suppose. I even opened a ticket with support and they dropped the ball. I ask if they could tell me if car had the FSD trial, and they said no. Keep watching for it. WHAT? You mean to tell me support cannot look at the car and determine if the FSD (trial) is enabled? I think I'm going to just give up and use hers for the trial.

Reactions: sp34
If you have done Reset and tried Power Off in service menu and let car sleep an hour and still the same you can try and reinstall 24.3.15. That will likely fix it.
DId all that, including reloading 2024.3.15, still no option. It clearly shows my FSD subscription expiration date in the software screen, but some flag is missing and it doesn't think I should have FSD Supervised. The visualization is full FSD though, since I can see cars in opposing lanes, etc.

And now it’s $99 a month. I am afraid to subscribe and be stuck with a paid version of 11.X for months lol

What is is for folks that already have EAP? It used to be $99 for us, so does it goes down to $49 now?